Corbyn as PM - and keep us in EU

Re: Corbyn as PM - and keep us in EU

Postby MungoBrush » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:25 pm

Guest wrote:https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/the-hot-button/study-links-low-intelligence-with-right-wing-beliefs/article543361/

Right wing are thick!

:whistle: :dafinger:

Oh dear
Quoting yet another US article.
Nothing to do with the low IQ of UK Labour Party voters
MungoBrush

Postby MungoBrush » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:28 pm

Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Guest wrote:It's an opinion piece by that right wing loon Toby Young!!!!!!

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

So do right wing journalists normally say stuff like this?

"Harold Wilson was the most brilliant prime minister of the 20th century"

Dear oh dear.

The quote was "Harold Wilson was the most brilliant prime minister of the 20th century, having got the highest First in his year in PPE. "

So, the quote was referring to academic prowess.

Do you have to lie, twist or omit on quite so many posts ?

I posted the link so that all could read the full article
I quoted relevant phrases from the article as I am aware that some posters here have trouble with long sentences.
MungoBrush

Postby McAz » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:30 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Guest wrote:It's an opinion piece by that right wing loon Toby Young!!!!!!

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

So do right wing journalists normally say stuff like this?

"Harold Wilson was the most brilliant prime minister of the 20th century"

Dear oh dear.

The quote was "Harold Wilson was the most brilliant prime minister of the 20th century, having got the highest First in his year in PPE. "

So, the quote was referring to academic prowess.

Do you have to lie, twist or omit on quite so many posts ?

I posted the link so that all could read the full article
I quoted relevant phrases from the article as I am aware that some posters here have trouble with long sentences.

We read it the other times you spammed it - jolly good trolling Mungo, well done. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby Cannydc » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:34 pm

Right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers, and people with low childhood intelligence tend to grow up to have racist and anti-gay views.

Conservative politics work almost as a 'gateway' into prejudice against others.

The paper analysed large UK studies which compared childhood intelligence with political views in adulthood across more than 15,000 people.

The study, by academics at Brock University in Ontario, Canada, used information from two UK studies from 1958 and 1970 , where several thousand children were assessed for intelligence at age 10 and 11, and then asked political questions aged 33.

The 1958 National Child Development involved 4,267 men and 4,537 women born in 1958.

The British Cohort Study involved 3,412 men and 3,658 women born in 1970.

Seems pretty much UK based data to me....

And repeated in the Wail !! I bet the readers comments were a laugh... :pmsl: :pmsl:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... acist.html
Cannydc

Postby McAz » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:35 pm

Poor Mungo - never scores a hit. :pmsl:
McAz

Postby MungoBrush » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:38 pm

Cannydc wrote:Right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers, and people with low childhood intelligence tend to grow up to have racist and anti-gay views.

Conservative politics work almost as a 'gateway' into prejudice against others.

The paper analysed large UK studies which compared childhood intelligence with political views in adulthood across more than 15,000 people.

The study, by academics at Brock University in Ontario, Canada, used information from two UK studies from 1958 and 1970 , where several thousand children were assessed for intelligence at age 10 and 11, and then asked political questions aged 33.

The 1958 National Child Development involved 4,267 men and 4,537 women born in 1958.

The British Cohort Study involved 3,412 men and 3,658 women born in 1970.

Seems pretty much UK based data to me....

And repeated in the Wail !! I bet the readers comments were a laugh... :pmsl: :pmsl:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... acist.html

Well, both those studies were from the last century
Both of the studies reviewed in the Spectator article are from the last 10 years.
MungoBrush

Postby McAz » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:40 pm

MungoBrush wrote:Well, both those studies were from the last century
Both of the studies reviewed in the Spectator article are from the last 10 years.

No they (of rather, it) weren't. :pmsl:

First Published January 5, 2012.
McAz

Postby calitom » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:23 pm

Guest wrote:The idea that the British people are on the brink of “liberation” from the European Union is starting to look very odd indeed. The evidence increasingly suggests that by the middle of the next decade, we may very well still be fully bound by most of the key terms and conditions of EU membership.

Yet while we may be obliged to accept EU laws and regulations affecting the single market and the customs union and still have to pay into the EU budget, the British people may notice one difference: we will have neither voice nor vote in determining European laws and regulations. We will be law-takers, not lawmakers.

There is likely to be another serious inconvenience to doctrinaire Eurosceptics: the UK may not be able to actually implement any of the promised “amazing trade deals” with the rest of the world until the mid-2020s. In the meantime, it should be noted, Commonwealth countries such as Canada, Australia and New Zealand are indeed already busy finalising or negotiating some amazing new trade deals. But these are with the EU, not the UK.

Legally, we are on course to leave the EU next March; that’s when the period allowed under article 50 for negotiating the principles of a new relationship with the EU expires. We then have a further short period, until the end of 2020, to finalise a new, full-scale trade and cooperation treaty with Europe.

The trouble is that – outside the May cabinet – no one any longer really believes in this sort of timetable. It is conceivable, but improbable, that the article 50 deadline could be extended by a very short period, but there will be serious legal problems to face. What is more likely is that the subsequent transition (or implementation period), during which the substance of a new treaty would have to be agreed, could be extended.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... are_btn_fb

BrexShit
(It aint happening)

:cuppaT:

so.. in other words...You people are slaves.
Does that bother you at all?? You seem to be rejoicing in it.
calitom

Postby Cannydc » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:44 pm

Have you ever heard of the term "United we Stand, Divided we Fall" ???
Cannydc

Postby MungoBrush » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:00 pm

calitom wrote:so.. in other words...You people are slaves.

Are Californians slaves to Washington?
Are Tasmanians slaves to Canberra?
Are Quebecois slaves to Ottawa?

Just wondering what your definition of "slaves" is.
MungoBrush

Postby Cannydc » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:11 pm

The idiot POTUS has just saddled Americans with a £50bn bill for imported Chinese goods.

He has shown himself to be no friend of the EU, or even his neighbours Canada - in fact his only 'pretend mates' are Russia and North Korea.

What chance the UK on its' own when it comes to negotiating a free trade agreement with America ?

No thanks - I prefer the backing of 27 other countries, both to negotiate and, perhaps even more importantly, to protect our standards on food and livestock imports and exports. I don't fancy your chlorine rinsed chicken because your producers cut every hygiene corner, or hormone stuffed meat because you can't produce economical animals any other way.
Cannydc

Postby Punk » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:15 pm

Cannydc wrote:The idiot POTUS has just saddled Americans with a £50bn bill for imported Chinese goods.

He has shown himself to be no friend of the EU, or even his neighbours Canada - in fact his only 'pretend mates' are Russia and North Korea.

What chance the UK on its' own when it comes to negotiating a free trade agreement with America ?

No thanks - I prefer the backing of 27 other countries, both to negotiate and, perhaps even more importantly, to protect our standards on food and livestock imports and exports. I don't fancy your chlorine rinsed chicken because your producers cut every hygiene corner, or hormone stuffed meat because you can't produce economical animals any other way.

How much of the stuff is TRUMP INC? He closed his US operations and moved it all to China and then blamed Obama for it happening. :gigglesnshit:
Punk

Postby Rocthedog » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:33 pm

Cannydc wrote:The idiot POTUS has just saddled Americans with a £50bn bill for imported Chinese goods.

I,m guessing you cannot help,it. All the crap,you come out with?.
Rocthedog

Postby Punk » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:38 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
calitom wrote:so.. in other words...You people are slaves.

Are Californians slaves to Washington?
Are Tasmanians slaves to Canberra?
Are Quebecois slaves to Ottawa?

Just wondering what your definition of "slaves" is.

Someone working for the Yankee Dollar. :gigglesnshit:
Punk

Postby Cannydc » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:26 pm

Rocthedog wrote:

I,m guessing you cannot help,it. All the crap,you come out with?.

You back on the sauce, Roc ?

Your comment makes absolutely no sense.

Are you happy to import chlorinated or hormone stuffed meat ?
Cannydc

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs