Corbyn as PM - and keep us in EU

Re: Corbyn as PM - and keep us in EU

Postby MungoBrush » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:35 pm

Gigabit wrote:The simple fact is the Tories are doomed long-term. The youth of this country aren't going to start voting Tory when they've been shafted the last twenty years.


You are wrong
Research has proven that more educated people vote Conservative
So as educational standards rise, and more an more people pursue higher education, Labour's vote will fall.
User avatar
MungoBrush
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:03 pm

Re: Corbyn as PM - and keep us in EU

Postby McAz » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:38 pm

:pmsl:
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 31445
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Corbyn as PM - and keep us in EU

Postby MungoBrush » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:47 pm

Cannydc wrote:My personal expectation is that if Corbyn decides that realpolitik isn't for him anymore, David Miliband will return to lead the party.


That would be a very interesting and positive move in my view
However that would require total re-alignment of current Labour policies
And a purge of Momentum.

For example, on brexit:
"He joins former prime ministers John Major and Tony Blair, and Liberal Democrat leader Sir Vince Cable in calling for another vote on Brexit - something both Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn have ruled out."

On Russians:
"David Miliband says Corbyn 'sounded like Trump' over Skripal, amid criticism of Labour leader's response"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 52991.html
User avatar
MungoBrush
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:03 pm

Re: Corbyn as PM - and keep us in EU

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:51 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Gigabit wrote:The simple fact is the Tories are doomed long-term. The youth of this country aren't going to start voting Tory when they've been shafted the last twenty years.


You are wrong
Research has proven that more educated people vote Conservative
So as educational standards rise, and more an more people pursue higher education, Labour's vote will fall.


WRONG LIAR!!!!!

https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/bl ... nd-in-hand

All studies on this subject have recorded that right wing people have a lower IQ (are thicker) than Liberal minded people.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Corbyn as PM - and keep us in EU

Postby McAz » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:55 pm

Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Gigabit wrote:The simple fact is the Tories are doomed long-term. The youth of this country aren't going to start voting Tory when they've been shafted the last twenty years.


You are wrong
Research has proven that more educated people vote Conservative
So as educational standards rise, and more an more people pursue higher education, Labour's vote will fall.


WRONG LIAR!!!!!

https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/bl ... nd-in-hand

All studies on this subject have recorded that right wing people have a lower IQ (are thicker) than Liberal minded people.

Gosh - that could explain Mungo's anti-Semitism - but I don't put much store in these things.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 31445
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Corbyn as PM - and keep us in EU

Postby MungoBrush » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Gigabit wrote:The simple fact is the Tories are doomed long-term. The youth of this country aren't going to start voting Tory when they've been shafted the last twenty years.


You are wrong
Research has proven that more educated people vote Conservative
So as educational standards rise, and more an more people pursue higher education, Labour's vote will fall.


WRONG LIAR!!!!!

https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/bl ... nd-in-hand

All studies on this subject have recorded that right wing people have a lower IQ (are thicker) than Liberal minded people.


Oh dear - you've screwed up haven't you.
That's an American article

Meanwhile, here in the UK, published academic research confirmed by 2 independent PhD studies has shown that:

"Labour is now the stupidest party"

The first study was "done in 2008 by a group of academics at the Medical Research Council led by the eminent Scottish psychologist Ian Deary"

And the second study was in 2015 by a "PhD student at Nuffield called Noah Carl has used a different data set — the UK Household Longitudinal Survey"

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/05/whe ... est-party/
User avatar
MungoBrush
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:03 pm

Re: Corbyn as PM - and keep us in EU

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:05 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Gigabit wrote:The simple fact is the Tories are doomed long-term. The youth of this country aren't going to start voting Tory when they've been shafted the last twenty years.


You are wrong
Research has proven that more educated people vote Conservative
So as educational standards rise, and more an more people pursue higher education, Labour's vote will fall.


WRONG LIAR!!!!!

https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/bl ... nd-in-hand

All studies on this subject have recorded that right wing people have a lower IQ (are thicker) than Liberal minded people.


Oh dear - you've screwed up haven't you.
That's an American article

Meanwhile, here in the UK, published academic research confirmed by 2 independent PhD studies has shown that:

"Labour is now the stupidest party"

The first study was "done in 2008 by a group of academics at the Medical Research Council led by the eminent Scottish psychologist Ian Deary"

And the second study was in 2015 by a "PhD student at Nuffield called Noah Carl has used a different data set — the UK Household Longitudinal Survey"

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/05/whe ... est-party/


You've posted that before you moron.

It's an opinion piece by that right wing loon Toby Young!!!!!!

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
User avatar
Guest
 


Re: Corbyn as PM - and keep us in EU

Postby McAz » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:08 pm

The first in 2008 with no published conclusion stating that.
The second by a student, also with no published conclusion stating that.
Impressive.

:pmsl:
Last edited by McAz on Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 31445
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Corbyn as PM - and keep us in EU

Postby Cannydc » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:09 pm

A leftwing organisation that led demonstrations against student fees and Conservative higher education reforms has set itself at odds with Jeremy Corbyn over Brexit by pledging to increase its campaigns to keep the UK in the EU and maintain the free movement of workers.

The National Campaign Against Fees and Cuts (NCAFC) said it would join anti-Brexit demonstrations the National Union of Students (NUS) is organising this summer and autumn, and establish a “radical, leftwing, pro-migrant bloc”. The move is another sign of young people increasingly mobilising against the UK’s scheduled departure from the EU in March next year.

The NCAFC coordinated action and street protests by thousands of students against university fees in 2010 and 2011, and later actions during the Tory-Liberal Democrat coalition government against its wider higher education policies.

Christie Neary, a member of the NCAFC national committee, said it was time Corbyn joined the battle to stop Brexit.

“The only Brexit is a Tory Brexit – a racist attack on migrants and workers’ rights. Jeremy Corbyn knows that bankrupt hospitals, low pay and failing schools are the fault of bosses and relentless austerity, not migrants. Labour can’t afford to give any more ground to the right. It’s time Corbyn committed to the defence of free movement and workers, and that means leading the campaign to stop Brexit altogether,” Neary said.


Yes, I agree with their sentiments.

The pressure grows on Corbyn to bow to the majority will of his party.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... emy-corbyn
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 12444
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: Corbyn as PM - and keep us in EU

Postby Cannydc » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:11 pm

McAz wrote:The first in 2008 which published no publshed conclusion.
The second by a student also with no published conclusion.
Impressive.

:pmsl:


And it was in the (completely unbiased) right wing, Tory mouthpiece, The Spectator... :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 12444
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: Corbyn as PM - and keep us in EU

Postby McAz » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:12 pm

Cannydc wrote:
McAz wrote:The first in 2008 with no published conclusion stating that.
The second by a student, also with no published conclusion stating that.
Impressive.

:pmsl:


And it was in the (completely unbiased) right wing, Tory mouthpiece, The Spectator... :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:


But it's good to know that Mungo isn't "worried". :pmsl:
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 31445
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Corbyn as PM - and keep us in EU

Postby MungoBrush » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:14 pm

Guest wrote:It's an opinion piece by that right wing loon Toby Young!!!!!!

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:


So do right wing journalists normally say stuff like this?

"Harold Wilson was the most brilliant prime minister of the 20th century"
User avatar
MungoBrush
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:03 pm

Re: Corbyn as PM - and keep us in EU

Postby McAz » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:16 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Guest wrote:It's an opinion piece by that right wing loon Toby Young!!!!!!

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:


So do right wing journalists normally say stuff like this?

"Harold Wilson was the most brilliant prime minister of the 20th century"


Idiots do - so that might well cover right-wing journalists. :dunno:
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 31445
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Corbyn as PM - and keep us in EU

Postby Cannydc » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:23 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Guest wrote:It's an opinion piece by that right wing loon Toby Young!!!!!!

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:


So do right wing journalists normally say stuff like this?

"Harold Wilson was the most brilliant prime minister of the 20th century"


Dear oh dear.

The quote was "Harold Wilson was the most brilliant prime minister of the 20th century, having got the highest First in his year in PPE. "

So, the quote was referring to academic prowess.

Do you have to lie, twist or omit on quite so many posts ?
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 12444
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:59 pm

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests