PROVE YOUR DISABLED!!! GRRRR!!!!!!

Re: PROVE YOUR DISABLED!!! GRRRR!!!!!!

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:01 am

“That our disability benefit system is broken is now beyond doubt. A government committee finds assessors so incompetent they ask a claimant with Down’s syndrome when they “caught” it. Whistleblowers leak that private companies are offering £50 “incentives” to assessors to squeeze extra tests into their day, while local papers run yet more stories of people being found “fit for work” just before they die.

But what’s happening to Jaki is perhaps the ultimate sign of a warped social security system: disabled people refused benefits because their disability means they can’t physically get to their assessment.”

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... are_btn_fb

Get rid! :grrrrr:

Postby McAz » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:01 am

Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Puzzler wrote:Fuck all Tory bastards, hopefully they lose their arms and legs too.

This assessment questionnaire was introduced by Labour

New Labour introduced an assessment. Not this assessment as IDS changed them late 2010.

This assessment questionnaire is irrelevant (which is why it was introduced into the discussion) - it is the decision by the assessors that is the issue.
McAz

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:48 pm

The latest quarterly figures show that in Coventry, 81% of PIP, 76% of ESA, 83% of income support and 100% of jobseeker’s allowance appeals heard by Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service were decided in favour of the appellant.

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialCovent ... g3NjAzMDE/

Not fit for purpose.
Get rid.

Postby banana chewits » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:33 pm

all the money they waste trying to screw the most disadvantaged out of a few quid a month.
banana chewits

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:39 pm

banana chewits wrote:all the money they waste trying to screw the most disadvantaged out of a few quid a month.

And there are some raggedy elderly witches on here that agree with that. :pukeup:

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:18 pm

Guest wrote:
banana chewits wrote:all the money they waste trying to screw the most disadvantaged out of a few quid a month.

And there are some raggedy elderly witches on here that agree with that. :pukeup:

Image :dunno:

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:39 pm

We must be closer than we thought to an election - or the Tories have suddenly become all heart (unlikely).

Anyway, another day, another screeching U-turn. And a welcome one.

People with severe, degenerative medical conditions such as Parkinson’s and multiple sclerosis will no longer have to undergo regular tests to prove they remain eligible for disability benefits, ministers have .

The change means that people awarded the highest level of for conditions that are not expected to improve will be subjected to “light touch” reassessment just once a decade.

Pip, which was previously known as disability living allowance, is a benefit awarded to help people with the extra costs of living with a disability, worth between £22.65 and £145.35 a week, depending on the severity of the condition.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:44 pm

Proper propaganda.

Nasty stuff for 'Learning Disability Awareness Week' as the DWP attempt to show the kinder face of Esther 'fester' McVey.

This is a truly horrible picture when you know what the Government have been doing to disabled people for the last eight years.

That poor woman in the middle has been used in a despicable manner. It's just wrong.

Imagine holding up a placard and smiling for the camera with a sign saying 'treat me well' when you're next to a henchwoman who has not only voted to cut help for disabled people but has seemingly glorified in her role demonising them, too.

I can't swallow this level of bull, gets caught in my throat.

:slap: Mc Vile :shoot:

Postby Punk » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:00 pm

Cannydc wrote:We must be closer than we thought to an election - or the Tories have suddenly become all heart (unlikely).

People with severe, degenerative medical conditions such as Parkinson’s and multiple sclerosis will no longer have to undergo regular tests to prove they remain eligible for disability benefits, ministers have .

The change means that people awarded the highest level of for conditions that are not expected to improve will be subjected to “light touch” reassessment just once a decade.

Pip, which was previously known as disability living allowance, is a benefit awarded to help people with the extra costs of living with a disability, worth between £22.65 and £145.35 a week, depending on the severity of the condition.

Even though my son is autistic I have had to fill out another 83 page form to confirm his autism. One of the DWP staff I spoke to thought it was "curable". :shake head:
Punk

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:03 pm

Punk wrote:
Cannydc wrote:We must be closer than we thought to an election - or the Tories have suddenly become all heart (unlikely).

Even though my son is autistic I have had to fill out another 83 page form to confirm his autism. One of the DWP staff I spoke to thought it was "curable". :shake head:

Bearing in mind that they made a woman with no legs go back for regular assessments, presumably in case they had grown back, I'm not really surprised..
Cannydc

Postby Punk » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:11 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Punk wrote:

Bearing in mind that they made a woman with no legs go back for regular assessments, presumably in case they had grown back, I'm not really surprised..

Yes the terminal cancer patient passed fit for work who dies 3 days later...hundreds of horror stories
Punk

Postby Keyser » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:43 pm

Punk wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Punk wrote:

Yes the terminal cancer patient passed fit for work who dies 3 days later...hundreds of horror stories

I have read and personally know of so many horrifying stories of sick and vulnerable people being taken off ESA as the rules have got more and more draconian.

It is one of the greatest scandals of the 21st century in this country and the myth that everyone receiving benefits is a lying, workshy, criminal scrounger is gleefully perpetuated by the right wing press.

Disgusting.

People are dying.

But of course dead people don't cost the state any money...
Keyser

Postby Punk » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:46 pm

Keyser wrote:
Punk wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Punk wrote:

I have read and personally know of so many horrifying stories of sick and vulnerable people being taken off ESA as the rules have got more and more draconian.

It is one of the greatest scandals of the 21st century in this country and the myth that everyone receiving benefits is a lying, workshy, criminal scrounger is gleefully perpetuated by the right wing press.

Disgusting.

People are dying.

But of course dead people don't cost the state any money...

Funeral Payment grant.
Punk

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:54 pm

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:04 pm

Be less foamy. People generally turned off by foaming.

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs