MAJOR TORY DONOR LOSES THE PLOT

MAJOR TORY DONOR LOSES THE PLOT

Postby Cannydc » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:10 am

Michael Gove should be installed as the new Tory leader because Theresa May has shown that she cannot “carry Brexit through”, a major party donor has publicly warned.

In a stark sign of the frustration among prominent Brexit supporters over the government’s handling of negotiations with the EU, Crispin Odey-Uss, a hedge fund manager who backed the Leave campaign, said he believed the environment secretary had the skills to make a success of Britain’s exit and appeal to voters.

Odey-Uss, who has also donated to Ukip in the past, said he believed that May was a gifted technocrat, but questioned her handling of Brexit. “The European Union are not good at hitting a moving ball,” he said. “The problem is, Theresa May is not good at hitting a moving ball, either.

“As someone said about May, she should have joined the civil service, rather than becoming a politician. She is perfect for that, but she can’t make a decision. So there is no leadership."

How we laughed.

The Tories might be bonkers enough to elect him as their leader - but "he will appeal to voters" ???

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... it-uk-news

(p.s. in a very childish ploy, I added the -Uss)
Cannydc

Re: MAJOR TORY DONOR LOSES THE PLOT

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:08 am

Do you think Doris is doing a good job?

Postby Gigabit » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:42 am

Gove is the favourite now. Please put him in charge - they will lose the youth vote entirely.
Gigabit

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:12 pm

Gigabit wrote:Gove is the favourite now. Please put him in charge - they will lose the youth vote entirely.

They pretty much already have, their 'Youth Wing' consists of a few 'young farmers' and the priveleged kids who have been brainwashed by their parents.

Those would, like some on this forum, never change even though the evidence of utter incompetence from the Tories is undeniable.
Cannydc

Postby Gigabit » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:20 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Gigabit wrote:Gove is the favourite now. Please put him in charge - they will lose the youth vote entirely.

They pretty much already have, their 'Youth Wing' consists of a few 'young farmers' and the priveleged kids who have been brainwashed by their parents.

Those would, like some on this forum, never change even though the evidence of utter incompetence from the Tories is undeniable.

I think it's pretty sad that May still leads Corbyn. If you do it based on objective evidence, it is clearly bollocks she is doing a better job than him. This isn't a party issue, she just is shit - I'd be saying the same thing if she was in Corbyn's position. But the media still has a real stronghold over the older generation. Luckily not the youth and increasingly, the under 50s.
Gigabit

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:05 pm

Gigabit wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

I think it's pretty sad that May still leads Corbyn. If you do it based on objective evidence, it is clearly bollocks she is doing a better job than him. This isn't a party issue, she just is shit - I'd be saying the same thing if she was in Corbyn's position. But the media still has a real stronghold over the older generation. Luckily not the youth and increasingly, the under 50s.

I agree.

Fortunately, media has changed. The dead tree brigade are dying off, and most people under 50 now get news and other stuff of interest on their hand held devices. As such, there is far less 'Daily Mail effect', and better spread of stories that never make the right wing tabloids.

The younger generations are better informed. And will get rid of the Tories.
Cannydc

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs