UK to be locked out of EU police databases

Re: UK to be locked out of EU police databases

Postby McAz » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:05 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:
McAz wrote:It's their ball to do with what they wish.

Stop whinging, you got your fish. :gigglesnshit:

That doesn't seem like a terribly mature way to handle something that's globally important and which other countries have no problem dealing with.

Course, it'll be a good excuse to enact harsher restrictions on immigration for those who support such things. :dunno:

It's all huff and puff which you appear to be taking seriously. But if I'm wrong then bring on the isolation - the people have spoken, or so I'm continually reminded.
McAz

Postby Si_Crewe » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:10 pm

McAz wrote:It's all huff and puff which you appear to be taking seriously. But if I'm wrong then bring on the isolation - the people have spoken, or so I'm continually reminded.

I'm sure it is.

Which, in itself, seems like a needlessly antagonistic, adversarial, way to conduct negotiations.
If a bunch of pre-schoolers acted like most pol's do, the teacher would have 'em all sitting on the naughty-step.

I wonder if Bercow's considered trying that?
Si_Crewe

Postby McAz » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:13 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:
McAz wrote:It's all huff and puff which you appear to be taking seriously. But if I'm wrong then bring on the isolation - the people have spoken, or so I'm continually reminded.

I'm sure it is.

Which, in itself, seems like a needlessly antagonistic, adversarial, way to conduct negotiations.
If a bunch of pre-schoolers acted like most pol's do, the teacher would have 'em all sitting on the naughty-step.

I wonder if Bercow's considered trying that?

No-one's heart's really in it though, is it? More and more I get the impression that both sides wish something would swoop down and take their nasty dream away. And who knows, it might, we still have Trump? :dunno:
McAz

Postby calitom » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:32 pm

McAz wrote:Britain will be locked out of EU policing and security databases after Brexit, the bloc’s chief negotiator has confirmed.

Mr Barnier said the British government needed a dose of “realism” about what would be possible on security cooperation after the UK left.

The chief negotiator said EU security cooperation was based on “trust”, but said: “This trust doesn’t fall from the sky, there is no magic wand. This trust is founded on an ecosystem … If you leave this ecosystem you lose the benefits of this cooperation.”
Mr Barnier said the EU’s position had been developed after speaking to the 27 remaining member states in recent weeks.

(Indy via MSN 19.6.18)

Who can blame them - why should they trust a "rogue" state like the UK?

Juncker throwing a tantrum?? aww thats cute
calitom

Postby McAz » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:36 pm

calitom wrote:
McAz wrote:Britain will be locked out of EU policing and security databases after Brexit, the bloc’s chief negotiator has confirmed.

Mr Barnier said the British government needed a dose of “realism” about what would be possible on security cooperation after the UK left.

The chief negotiator said EU security cooperation was based on “trust”, but said: “This trust doesn’t fall from the sky, there is no magic wand. This trust is founded on an ecosystem … If you leave this ecosystem you lose the benefits of this cooperation.”
Mr Barnier said the EU’s position had been developed after speaking to the 27 remaining member states in recent weeks.

(Indy via MSN 19.6.18)

Who can blame them - why should they trust a "rogue" state like the UK?

Juncker throwing a tantrum?? aww thats cute

I like it too. :smilin:
McAz

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs