Wednesday June 22nd 2016

Re: Wednesday June 22nd 2016

Postby Stooo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:41 pm

Maddog wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Ah, the vote didn't really matter. Cameron should have said as much and just stayed in office.

Brexit is costing more than and on top of our contribution to the EU. Siemens have joined Airbus and BMW in walking out unless something is decided very soon, there is no point in them continuing to work from a ghoul country bereft of international regulations.

So on the whole, yeah...

Maybe these elections should just be banned.

Seems like a giant waste of time and money to have them, then ignore them.

You still have an intact monarchy. Could just let them run the place again. :thumbsup:

Full of bloody migrants...

It looks like you're getting your own :smilin:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Maddog » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:35 am

Stooo wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Ah, the vote didn't really matter. Cameron should have said as much and just stayed in office.

Brexit is costing more than and on top of our contribution to the EU. Siemens have joined Airbus and BMW in walking out unless something is decided very soon, there is no point in them continuing to work from a ghoul country bereft of international regulations.

So on the whole, yeah...

You still have an intact monarchy. Could just let them run the place again. :thumbsup:

Migrants?

It's kind of our thing, much to the chagrin of the Native Americans. :smilin:
Maddog

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:12 am

Maddog wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Maddog wrote:

So on the whole, yeah...

Migrants?

It's kind of our thing, much to the chagrin of the Native Americans. :smilin:

The Royal Trump Family.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Maddog » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:35 pm

Oh!!!

I don't think the Trump family will be an issue 2 years from now.

I don't see any Trumps being in public office after Donald is gone.

What's up with the avatar of a murderous racist?
Maddog

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:55 pm

Keyser wrote:
calitom wrote:Brexit hasn't happened after all this time. So its looking like there really is no democracy in the UK after all.
They let you go to the polls just like they let a classroom of 8 yr olds play pretend voting...
..But its not cute anymore when adults are involved.

Anyone who believed in this total catastrofuck had less functioning neurons than a prion with Alzheimer's.

The UK is finished as a world power.

And we once (for the time) benevolently ran the whole fucking show not so long ago.

Benevolently? :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:01 pm

calitom wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
banana chewits wrote:how many that voted leave wish they hadn't now?

All polls show a shift to remain. The likelihood is that if held tomorrow, the result would be around 53 - 47 to remain. IMHO, we would need a rule defining a minimum winning margin (say 60 - 40) to make the second vote valid to overturn the first. If only that rule had been in the original referendum.

Interesting to see that BMW (who own the Mini) have joined Airbus in their concerns. Will the trickle become a flood ?

the same polls which showed remainers winning the original vote??
canny---you are scarily nonsensical. you need to stop that. for your own spiritual good.

The area in North Wales where Airbus is voted by a large margin to leave the EU.
This is a high tech place with many well educated people.
They are now crapping themselves and openly saying they wouldn't have voted leave had they fully understood the issues.
This kind of proves how much deception was used to get the yes vote.
There are thousands more in the car industry and supporting industries who did the same but now wish they had known what they were doing.
All the proof you need that the whole thing was and is a fraud.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:03 pm

Broughton will become a ghost town a heroin town a high crime town.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:24 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
calitom wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
banana chewits wrote:how many that voted leave wish they hadn't now?

All polls show a shift to remain. The likelihood is that if held tomorrow, the result would be around 53 - 47 to remain. IMHO, we would need a rule defining a minimum winning margin (say 60 - 40) to make the second vote valid to overturn the first. If only that rule had been in the original referendum.

Interesting to see that BMW (who own the Mini) have joined Airbus in their concerns. Will the trickle become a flood ?

the same polls which showed remainers winning the original vote??
canny---you are scarily nonsensical. you need to stop that. for your own spiritual good.

The area in North Wales where Airbus is voted by a large margin to leave the EU.
This is a high tech place with many well educated people.
They are now crapping themselves and openly saying they wouldn't have voted leave had they fully understood the issues.
This kind of proves how much deception was used to get the yes vote.
There are thousands more in the car industry and supporting industries who did the same but now wish they had known what they were doing.
All the proof you need that the whole thing was and is a fraud.

Yeah but fuck business...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:14 pm

Fitter David Lawless, 34, said the news came as a shock and there had been a mixed reaction from his colleagues. “A lot of people are brushing it off and saying it won’t happen, it’s just talk, but the reality is companies are folding before Brexit has even happened. I don’t know what is going to happen here,” he said. Mr Lawless said he had voted leave in the Brexit referendum. “I was in two minds. I wanted to leave but obviously a lot of people were asking questions before about if we were to leave, how it would affect us,” he said. “People were saying it would never affect us here because it’s too big a company. I’m still happy I voted for it but I thought we had more of a hold and a footing here in Broughton.”

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/airbu ... nvestment/

"I didn't expect leopards to eat my face!"

Person that voted for the leopards eating faces party

:ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:17 pm

Stooo wrote:
Fitter David Lawless, 34, said the news came as a shock and there had been a mixed reaction from his colleagues. “A lot of people are brushing it off and saying it won’t happen, it’s just talk, but the reality is companies are folding before Brexit has even happened. I don’t know what is going to happen here,” he said. Mr Lawless said he had voted leave in the Brexit referendum. “I was in two minds. I wanted to leave but obviously a lot of people were asking questions before about if we were to leave, how it would affect us,” he said. “People were saying it would never affect us here because it’s too big a company. I’m still happy I voted for it but I thought we had more of a hold and a footing here in Broughton.”

"I didn't expect the LibDems to be complicit in tripling tuition fees"

Student who voted for LibDems, after they pledged NOT to raise tuition fees...

(Sorry Stooo, no free rides in politics - unless you are Bojo running away to Afghanistan)
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:24 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Stooo wrote:

(Sorry Stooo, no free rides in politics - unless you are Bojo running away to Afghanistan)

It would still have gone through, Labour introduced the things in the first place...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:31 pm

Stooo wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Stooo wrote:

It would still have gone through, Labour introduced the things in the first place...

Off topic (soz) but a couple of points on that.

1. They were propping up Cameron's government. A sincere threat to walk, over a red-line would have stopped him.

2. I actually believe that students having a financial stake in their own future is a GOOD thing. It helps to ease out the 'non-degrees', and forms a certain responsibility. £10k for a degree course was pretty fair. Now it's £30k+, which is frankly obscene.
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:33 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Off topic (soz) but a couple of points on that.

1. They were propping up Cameron's government. A sincere threat to walk, over a red-line would have stopped him.

2. I actually believe that students having a financial stake in their own future is a GOOD thing. It helps to ease out the 'non-degrees', and forms a certain responsibility. £10k for a degree course was pretty fair. Now it's £30k+, which is frankly obscene.

My son's living it. What good would another election have done?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:38 pm

Mine's debt is well over £50k, and will be even higher by the time he completes his doctorate, my advice is to go work in Germany or Switzerland where he worked before so speaks the language. It was a poker match, Cameron bluffed you lot, I fear.
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:43 pm

Cannydc wrote:Mine's debt is well over £50k, and will be even higher by the time he completes his doctorate, my advice is to go work in Germany or Switzerland where he worked before so speaks the language. It was a poker match, Cameron bluffed you lot, I fear.

Yeah but we got the PR ref than no-one turned up for causing UKIP to lose their shit when they got no representation despite a decent showing at the polls. :roll:

People...
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs