100,000 march against Brexit in London

Re: 100,000 march against Brexit in London

Postby Cannydc » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:25 pm

Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Treeza claimed today that she is listening to big business concerns about Brexit.

The 100,000 marching today represent a tiny proportion of ordinary people with similar concerns.

Is she giving us the same audience as BMW and Airbus ?

Ordinary people are Brexiteers, you support the establishment, the banks and the corporations.

Don't try and twist it.

Are you, like most Leavers, suggesting that all 16,000,000+ who voted Remain should simply be ignored ?

This isn't about banks and the corporations - it's about the valid concerns of millions of ordinary folks like me.

The 16,000,000+ were given the Democratic right to vote Remain. They lost the vote Democratically. Are you saying that the Leave voters are not allowed the same rights?
At the next election will you stamp your feet and cry for another election until Labour wins?
You sound like a dictator who magically wins 98% of votes.

When we joined the EU (European Economic Community) there were those who objected moaned, whined, and objected for 40 years.

Never once have I denied them their right to oppose - and I would appreciate the same from them now.

That means pointing out the pitfalls of Brexit. The lack of adequate planning. What will be lost until we rejoin, even if it takes 40 years.

A vote that was purely advisory suddenly became "this MUST happen" in the eyes of Leavers. Those same Leavers whose leaders lied, lied and lied again, only to either disappear to avoid scrutiny, or backtrack on their weasel words.

If the Tories win the next election, of course I shall oppose them if and when their policies call for it.

Will you 100% support Labour if they win the next election ? Do tell....
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:38 pm

Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Treeza claimed today that she is listening to big business concerns about Brexit.

The 100,000 marching today represent a tiny proportion of ordinary people with similar concerns.

Ordinary people are Brexiteers, you support the establishment, the banks and the corporations.

Don't try and twist it.

Are you, like most Leavers, suggesting that all 16,000,000+ who voted Remain should simply be ignored ?

This isn't about banks and the corporations - it's about the valid concerns of millions of ordinary folks like me.

The 16,000,000+ were given the Democratic right to vote Remain. They lost the vote Democratically. Are you saying that the Leave voters are not allowed the same rights?
At the next election will you stamp your feet and cry for another election until Labour wins?

It is the democratic right of remain voters to fight to reverse the process!

:whistle: :dafinger:

Postby MungoBrush » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:43 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:

Don't try and twist it.

When we joined the EU (European Economic Community) there were those who objected moaned, whined, and objected for 40 years.

Never once have I denied them their right to oppose - and I would appreciate the same from them now.

That means pointing out the pitfalls of Brexit. The lack of adequate planning. What will be lost until we rejoin, even if it takes 40 years.

A vote that was purely advisory suddenly became "this MUST happen" in the eyes of Leavers. Those same Leavers whose leaders lied, lied and lied again, only to either disappear to avoid scrutiny, or backtrack on their weasel words.

If the Tories win the next election, of course I shall oppose them if and when their policies call for it.

Did you hear the calls from the demonstrators shown on the BBC news tonight?
“Where’s Jeremy Corbyn?”

At least David Lammy had the guts to stand up for what he believes
Unlike that spineless wimp Corbyn.
MungoBrush

Postby Stooo » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:59 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
“Where’s Jeremy Corbyn?”

Lib Dems with the bants! :thumbsup:

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:02 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
“Where’s Jeremy Corbyn?”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/je ... ar-AAz3O3Y

In Jordan.

Postby Cannydc » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:07 pm

Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
“Where’s Jeremy Corbyn?”

In Jordan.

Please don't let real facts cloud Mungo's sad attempts to decry Corbyn.
Cannydc

Postby Punk » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:30 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:Nothing necessarily wrong about supporting the establishment or talking an establishment view just don't pretend to be anti-establishment.

EDIT: Stooo I think being a forum owner makes you part of the bourgeoisie.

Johnson, Gove IDS are anti-Establishment? Of course not. You've been sold a pup by Russians and tax avoiders.
Punk

Postby Punk » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:39 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:

Don't try and twist it.

“Where’s Jeremy Corbyn?”

Theresa May was a staunch remainer, where was she? She clearly hasn't got the guts to stand up for what she campaigned for, like her U turn on the 3rd runway, much to the chagrin of her constituents. :shake head:
Punk

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:50 pm

Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
“Where’s Jeremy Corbyn?”

In Jordan.

First Diane Abbott and now her.

Terrible taste he's got in women.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Gigabit » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:50 pm

I'm a bit conflicted about this movement. I believe Brexit should be stopped but I'm not sure the groups behind this are being entirely honest with their organisation.
Gigabit

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:52 pm

Gigabit wrote:I'm a bit conflicted about this movement. I believe Brexit should be stopped but I'm not sure the groups behind this are being entirely honest with their organisation.

George Soros dishonest?

No way!
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Gigabit » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:53 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Gigabit wrote:I'm a bit conflicted about this movement. I believe Brexit should be stopped but I'm not sure the groups behind this are being entirely honest with their organisation.

George Soros dishonest?

No way!

Well exactly but at the same time I do agree with them on this. I have no doubt the people involved in the march directly are honest as well, I just think people in the background might be taking advantage. It's a tough one.
Gigabit

Postby Stooo » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:04 pm

Gigabit wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:

George Soros dishonest?

No way!

Well exactly but at the same time I do agree with them on this. I have no doubt the people involved in the march directly are honest as well, I just think people in the background might be taking advantage. It's a tough one.

Follow the money, who gains what?

There are genuine philanthropists like Gates but Soros is Jewish and there is a tradition of people on the RW who are into trying to shut down that sort of thing...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby MungoBrush » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:04 pm

Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
“Where’s Jeremy Corbyn?”

In Jordan.

Fair enough
I suppose that if you are abstaining on the biggest issue the UK has faced in decades, Jordan is as good a place as any to hide.
Good on David Lammy I say.
MungoBrush

Postby Gigabit » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:07 pm

Stooo wrote:
Gigabit wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:

George Soros dishonest?

No way!

Follow the money, who gains what?

There are genuine philanthropists like Gates but Soros is Jewish and there is a tradition of people on the RW who are into trying to shut down that sort of thing...

But do you see my dilemma? I think in these cases you need big backers to get the message out there but I also think I probably disagree with a lot of their views. It's a really tough one for me.

But in principal I back stopping Brexit and I back this march on those principals.

Met apparently think there were half a million people...
Gigabit

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs