WHERE'S BORIS JOHNSON ?

WHERE'S BORIS JOHNSON ?

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:14 am

“I will lie down in front of those bulldozers,” Boris Johnson once said of Heathrow expansion.

So, tonight's the night for the big vote. Where is Bojo ?

Missing in action....

On his LBC phone-in Jacob Rees-Mogg, the Conservative backbencher, has defended his fellow Brexiter Boris Johnson over not voting against Heathrow expansion tonight.

Rees-Mogg said he did not know where Johnson would be tonight. When the presenter, Nick Ferrari, put it to him that he should be voting against in view of his promise to lie down in front of the bulldozers to oppose the project, Rees-Mogg replied:

"Johnson said that as mayor of London. He is no longer mayor of London." (SERIOUSLY !!)

He added; "I think there’s a very strong national interest in expanding airport capacity, and that means Heathrow. But sometimes the constituency issue is so great that you feeel tyou don’t want to go along with the national interest. I think abstaining in such circumstances is part of that balance. I don’t think it’s unreasonable. Note well, Mungo... And I think Mr Johnson being away is part of that reasonableness."

Johnson started opposing the third runway plan long before he became MP for the constituency, and so it can’t be said that his primary motive is a constituency one.

Remember him running away in the House of Commons when about to be asked an emergency question ? Looks like Bojo is a coward to me, and everyone else, come to that, and is simply not to be trusted.

There you go - Never, ever trust a Tory.
Cannydc

Re: WHERE'S BORIS JOHNSON ?

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:02 pm

Talking of trusting Tories,

Now-deleted page on Theresa May's website: "I am clear that we must say no to a third runway."

Oh dear, poor old Mungo will be devastated as yet another Tory goes back on their word.

First, the foreign secretary - now the Prime Minister. Doesn't go much higher than that.
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:09 pm

Greg Hands, who resigned as an international trade minister last week so that he could vote against a third runway at Heathrow, told the World at One that he chose to resign, instead of doing what Boris Johnson is doing and finding an excuse to be away, because he made an explicit promise to his constituents at the election that he would vote against the plan.

But even that is a typically disingenuous Tory statement...

He also said that until recently he thought government MPs would be given a free vote, which may help to explain why he was so specific in the promise he made to his constituents.

It certainly does.

Never, ever trust a Tory. If their lips are moving, they are lying. If they write a statement, they are lying. And if it comes from Tory HQ, they are double lying.
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:17 pm

“I will lie down in front of those bulldozers,” Boris Johnson once said of Heathrow expansion.

Seems that the first three words were true, at least.

Bojo turned up in Afghanistan - could he have run any further ?
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:40 pm

And where are our brave boys in blue, to defend him ?

Chicken shit....
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:45 pm

Squished by a bulldozer? :yikes:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:48 pm

Stooo wrote:Squished by a bulldozer? :yikes:

People have been queuing all day for raffle tickets, prize is Bulldozer Driver for the day...
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:04 pm

This comment from the Guardian really sums Johnson up perfectly -

JMSutherland 3h ago

Lies, damned lies, wild falsehoods, outrageous whoppers, and Tories.
Apparently, according to Trembling Theresa, Boris means Boris, but does Boris know this?
Why, otherwise, would the Fat Owl of the Remove persist in outright lies and weaselly distortion of, basically, everything?
Because he's a liar and always has been, ever since his days in Brussels for the Torygraph. "Tell me what's happening and why it's bad for Britain".
Oh, crikey, the only difference between Bunter and Trumpty-Dumpty is that Bawjaws knows he's lying, but doesn't care. Trump can't tell the difference. They both buy their hair in Carpets 'r' Us.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... d-to-visit

Postby Punk » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:53 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Stooo wrote:Squished by a bulldozer? :yikes:

People have been queuing all day for raffle tickets, prize is Bulldozer Driver for the day...

Many Thames Valley Conservatives would be first in the queue. They should add May and the other Tories who lied saying they were against it but refused to vote against the Government. :shake head:
Punk

Postby Punk » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:32 pm

Private Eye's cover this fortnight is very clever. I'll post a link when they have it listed on their covers page. :gigglesnshit:
Punk

Postby jra » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:07 am

Cannydc wrote:Greg Hands, who resigned as an international trade minister last week so that he could vote against a third runway at Heathrow, told the World at One that he chose to resign, instead of doing what Boris Johnson is doing and finding an excuse to be away, because he made an explicit promise to his constituents at the election that he would vote against the plan.

He also said that until recently he thought government MPs would be given a free vote, which may help to explain why he was so specific in the promise he made to his constituents.

It certainly does.

Never, ever trust a Tory. If their lips are moving, they are lying. If they write a statement, they are lying. And if it comes from Tory HQ, they are double lying.

The expression is 'You can tell whether a politician is lying, their lips are moving'.

That is whatever party they represent.

We get it canny. You don't like Tories/the Conservatives.
jra

Postby Punk » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:15 am

jra wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Greg Hands, who resigned as an international trade minister last week so that he could vote against a third runway at Heathrow, told the World at One that he chose to resign, instead of doing what Boris Johnson is doing and finding an excuse to be away, because he made an explicit promise to his constituents at the election that he would vote against the plan.

It certainly does.

The expression is 'You can tell whether a politician is lying, their lips are moving'.

I'm sure you can post a list of Caroline Lucas's lies. Away you go. A half dozen should suffice. :whistle:
Punk

Postby jra » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:06 am

Punk wrote:
jra wrote:

It certainly does.

I'm sure you can post a list of Caroline Lucas's lies. Away you go. A half dozen should suffice. :whistle:

Do you know what? I've never even heard of her.

Just another politician no doubt lining their pockets, milking the gravy train and in it for themselves not the voters. That pretty well covers every politician.
jra

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:48 am

jra wrote:
Punk wrote:
jra wrote:

It certainly does.

Do you know what? I've never even heard of her.

Just another politician no doubt lining their pockets, milking the gravy train and in it for themselves not the voters. That pretty well covers every politician.

...Not really, mostly only Tories that are self serving and lack any kind of empathy for others. Scum is the best way to describe Tories and their cap doffing supporters.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:54 am

The signs that the government is starting from scratch – nearly one year after customs plans were first published and just four days before the Chequers showdown – are certain to add to criticism of Brexit chaos.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/b ... ailsignout
Rolluplostinspace

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs