WHERE'S BORIS JOHNSON ?

Re: WHERE'S BORIS JOHNSON ?

Postby jra » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:12 am

Guest wrote:
jra wrote:
Punk wrote:
jra wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Greg Hands, who resigned as an international trade minister last week so that he could vote against a third runway at Heathrow, told the World at One that he chose to resign, instead of doing what Boris Johnson is doing and finding an excuse to be away, because he made an explicit promise to his constituents at the election that he would vote against the plan.

But even that is a typically disingenuous Tory statement...

He also said that until recently he thought government MPs would be given a free vote, which may help to explain why he was so specific in the promise he made to his constituents.

It certainly does.

Never, ever trust a Tory. If their lips are moving, they are lying. If they write a statement, they are lying. And if it comes from Tory HQ, they are double lying.

The expression is 'You can tell whether a politician is lying, their lips are moving'.

That is whatever party they represent.

We get it canny. You don't like Tories/the Conservatives.

I'm sure you can post a list of Caroline Lucas's lies. Away you go. A half dozen should suffice. :whistle:

Do you know what? I've never even heard of her.

Just another politician no doubt lining their pockets, milking the gravy train and in it for themselves not the voters. That pretty well covers every politician.

...Not really, mostly only Tories that are self serving and lack any kind of empathy for others. Scum is the best way to describe Tories and their cap doffing supporters.

You really believe that.
jra

Postby Punk » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:11 pm

jra wrote:
Punk wrote:
jra wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Greg Hands, who resigned as an international trade minister last week so that he could vote against a third runway at Heathrow, told the World at One that he chose to resign, instead of doing what Boris Johnson is doing and finding an excuse to be away, because he made an explicit promise to his constituents at the election that he would vote against the plan.

He also said that until recently he thought government MPs would be given a free vote, which may help to explain why he was so specific in the promise he made to his constituents.

It certainly does.

Never, ever trust a Tory. If their lips are moving, they are lying. If they write a statement, they are lying. And if it comes from Tory HQ, they are double lying.

The expression is 'You can tell whether a politician is lying, their lips are moving'.

I'm sure you can post a list of Caroline Lucas's lies. Away you go. A half dozen should suffice. :whistle:

Just another politician no doubt lining their pockets, milking the gravy train and in it for themselves not the voters. That pretty well covers every politician.

So you can't name a single lie the ONLY Green MP has said. That's cool. I know she doesn't lie or claim ludicrous expenses. That covers 100% of Tory MPS then. :pointlaugh:
Punk

Postby jra » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:17 am

Punk wrote:
jra wrote:
Punk wrote:
jra wrote:

It certainly does.

So you can't name a single lie the ONLY Green MP has said. That's cool. I know she doesn't lie or claim ludicrous expenses. That covers 100% of Tory MPS then. :pointlaugh:

I'm not sufficiently interested in Caroline Lucas to list any lies she will no doubt have told. She's one of 650 MPs in the UK. Lying is part of any MPs job description.

BIB. Translated. She hasn't been found out yet. Everybody lies and politicians are no exception.
jra

Postby Punk » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:37 am

jra wrote:
Punk wrote:
jra wrote:
Punk wrote:
jra wrote:The expression is 'You can tell whether a politician is lying, their lips are moving'.

I'm not sufficiently interested in Caroline Lucas to list any lies she will no doubt have told. She's one of 650 MPs in the UK. Lying is part of any MPs job description.

BIB. Translated. She hasn't been found out yet. Everybody lies and politicians are no exception.

More baseless rubbish. Show us one of her lies or STFU.
Punk

Postby jra » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:17 am

Punk wrote:
jra wrote:
Punk wrote:
jra wrote:
Punk wrote:

What's your problem? Have you got a hard on for her or something. She has told lies, like everybody has. It doesn't mean we know what they are.
jra

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:45 am

jra wrote:
What's your problem? Have you got a hard on for her or something. She has told lies, like everybody has. It doesn't mean we know what they are.

.....Repetitive dumbfuck bullshit :hand:

Postby Punk » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:52 am

jra wrote:
Punk wrote:
jra wrote:
Punk wrote:
jra wrote:Do you know what? I've never even heard of her.

If you are stupid enough not to know what a lie is, how can you say what is a lie or not? Show us one of her lies, according to you she's made loads, so put up or STFU. Oh I've asked that already and you fail to back up your #IG11 opinion. :pointlaugh:
Punk

Postby jra » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:43 pm

Just drop it Punk and guest. I'm not in the mood for arguing about trivial shit, especially if I'm getting abused for the privilege, i.e. being called stupid and a dumbfuck.

Besides this thread was originally about Boris Johnson who was/is a Conservative, not a Green party member.
jra

Postby Punk » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:54 pm

jra wrote:Just drop it Punk and guest. I'm not in the mood for arguing about trivial shit, especially if I'm getting abused for the privilege, i.e. being called stupid and a dumbfuck.

Besides this thread was originally about Boris Johnson who was/is a Conservative, not a Green party member.

You made the claim, not me. Make sure you back up claims. If you can't just man up about it and say I was wrong. It's not rocket science, is it?
Punk

Postby jra » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:00 am

Punk wrote:
jra wrote:Just drop it Punk and guest. I'm not in the mood for arguing about trivial shit, especially if I'm getting abused for the privilege, i.e. being called stupid and a dumbfuck.

You made the claim, not me. Make sure you back up claims. If you can't just man up about it and say I was wrong. It's not rocket science, is it?

I claimed that all politicians lie one way or the other, like every single person on the planet does at some stage. So, I'm not wrong.

Originally I was replying to this post, so not really introducing the claim in the first place.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=47243&sid=f5715aaf7bc8139d1c0e25f38485b862#p1505857

So have a discussion with Canny about it. Translated, I don't really want an argument just for the sake of an argument which you seem determined to do. Same IIRC, just like you've been doing in the East Coast/VTEC thread.
jra

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:04 am

jra wrote:
Punk wrote:

I claimed that all politicians lie one way or the other, like every single person on the planet does at some stage. So, I'm not wrong.

Originally I was replying to this post, so not really introducing the claim in the first place.

So have a discussion with Canny about it. Translated, I don't really want an argument just for the sake of an argument which you seem determined to do. Same IIRC, just like you've been doing in the East Coast/VTEC thread.

No one is fucking interested now!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:09 am

jra wrote:

It certainly does.

See what happens when you get picky about a footnote, rather than reply to the actual post ?
Cannydc

Postby jra » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:14 am

Cannydc wrote:
jra wrote:

It certainly does.

See what happens when you get picky about a footnote, rather than reply to the actual post ?

I was replying to the post, at least partially.
jra

Postby jra » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:14 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Punk wrote:

No one is fucking interested now!

You tell that to Canny and Punk.
jra

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:19 am

jra wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
jra wrote:

It certainly does.

I was replying to the post, at least partially.

No, you really weren't.

You were trying to be clever.
Cannydc

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs