Theresa May is openly taking Tory voters for gullible idiots

Theresa May is openly taking Tory voters for gullible idiots

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:18 pm

Image


Theresa May has had an awful time defending her party's relationship with British businesses since her Foreign Secretary decided to say "fuck business" in response to the concerns that a shambolic Tory "no deal" flounce out of the EU would leave them with no choice to quit the UK and relocate to the continent.

Jeremy Corbyn raised these concerns at Prime Minister's questions, emphasising the risk Theresa May's chaotic Brexit floundering represents to hundreds of thousands of skilled British workers.

The Tory benches laughed and jeered when Corbyn read out a letter from a worker in the car industry with concerns that his job could disappear if Theresa May allows Jacob Rees-Mogg and the ERG extremists to deliver the ruinous "no deal" catastrophe they're craving (so that they can make a killing buying up distressed British assets on the cheap).

The sound of dozens of privileged Tory MPs laughing and jeering at the concerns of a British worker who is worried about the future of his job is a perfect encapsulation of the absolute contempt that these people have towards ordinary working people.

But things got even worse when Theresa May resorted to the scripted drivel she always spews instead of ever bothering to answer the questions she's asked.

"If he wants to stand up and talking in favourable terms about business he's got a decision to make; he can either back business or he can want to overthrow capitalism. He can't do both" she skwawked.

https://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.com/ ... -tory.html

:shake head: Tory voters have always been cap doffing gullible idiots!
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Theresa May is openly taking Tory voters for gullible idiots

Postby Cannydc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:18 pm

Answering Corbyn's final question, she sounded almost reduced to tears.

I get the distinct impression that, given her stewardship over Brexishambles, her utter failure to deal in any way with Trump (who dislikes her intensely) and outright war between the factions in her cabinet, she would like nothing better than to walk away.

John Major called certain members of his party 'bastards'. I wonder what her term for Gove, Johnson, Davis, Rees Mogg, Leadsom etc is...
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 12041
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: Theresa May is openly taking Tory voters for gullible idiots

Postby Keyser » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:27 pm

Cannydc wrote:Answering Corbyn's final question, she sounded almost reduced to tears.

I get the distinct impression that, given her stewardship over Brexishambles, her utter failure to deal in any way with Trump (who dislikes her intensely) and outright war between the factions in her cabinet, she would like nothing better than to walk away.

John Major called certain members of his party 'bastards'. I wonder what her term for Gove, Johnson, Davis, Rees Mogg, Leadsom etc is...


She is pitiful and will go down as the second worst PM in British history (Dave is the first for putting his party before the country and fucking us forever over Brexit).

It makes you sick.
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 12702
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: Theresa May is openly taking Tory voters for gullible idiots

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:01 pm

Jeremy Corbyn’s spectacular takedown of Jacob Rees-Mogg at PMQs
Mr Speaker, it’s very interesting that even those Brexiteers who’ve made Brexit their life’s work are concerned about their own financial interests.

The honourable member for North East Somerset, for example, is relocating his hedge fund to the Eurozone.

Corbyn also said that another Conservative MP, John Redwood, is advising his clients to “disinvest in Britain”. Like Rees-Mogg, Redwood is a staunch Brexiteer. In October 2017, the MP for Wokingham said:

Before the referendum and after, I have already said: prepare for no deal. We will do just fine with that.


https://www.thecanary.co/trending/2018/ ... g-at-pmqs/
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: Theresa May is openly taking Tory voters for gullible idiots

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:22 pm

A European country with remarkably similar policies to Jeremy Corbyn’s is booming

Portugal’s economy is growing at its fastest rate for 17 years under a government with policies very similar to those that Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour proposes in the UK.

Back from the brink
Portugal was on the edge of total financial collapse after the global financial crisis of 2007/8. It required a €78bn financial bailout to prop up and help fix its economy.

But since it elected a socialist government in 2015, the country has accomplished an economic recovery described as “a small miracle”. A coalition among left-wing parties in Portugal has underpinned the government.

Unemployment has fallen from 17.5% in 2013 to 7.9% in 2018. Public finances are “in rude health [paywall]“, with the government expecting to “balance the books next year”. And with a “government-supported entrepreneurship ecosystem”, the country is a “top destination” for businesses and startups.
https://www.thecanary.co/global/world-a ... s-booming/
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: Theresa May is openly taking Tory voters for gullible idiots

Postby calitom » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:37 pm

It has nothing to do with REPUB DEM or TORY LABOUR anymore.
Its deep state vs notdeepstate now
User avatar
calitom
 
Posts: 2916
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:21 am

Re: Theresa May is openly taking Tory voters for gullible idiots

Postby Cannydc » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:08 am

calitom wrote:It has nothing to do with REPUB DEM or TORY LABOUR anymore.
Its deep state vs notdeepstate now


No it isn't.
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 12041
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: Theresa May is openly taking Tory voters for gullible idiots

Postby MungoBrush » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:39 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:A European country with remarkably similar policies to Jeremy Corbyn’s is booming

Portugal’s economy is growing at its fastest rate for 17 years under a government with policies very similar to those that Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour proposes in the UK.

Back from the brink
Portugal was on the edge of total financial collapse after the global financial crisis of 2007/8. It required a €78bn financial bailout to prop up and help fix its economy.

But since it elected a socialist government in 2015, the country has accomplished an economic recovery described as “a small miracle”. A coalition among left-wing parties in Portugal has underpinned the government.

Unemployment has fallen from 17.5% in 2013 to 7.9% in 2018. Public finances are “in rude health [paywall]“, with the government expecting to “balance the books next year”. And with a “government-supported entrepreneurship ecosystem”, the country is a “top destination” for businesses and startups.
https://www.thecanary.co/global/world-a ... s-booming/


I have no doubt that Corbyn will turn the UK into a Portugal look-alike if he gets the chance:

Debt as % of GDP - UK 87.7% Portugal 125.7%
National minimum wage - UK $1679.50 Portugal $811.50
Education exp per capita - UK $2520 Portugal $1133
GDP per capita - UK $39921 Portugal $21156
Unemployment - UK 4.2% Portugal 8% (and rising)
etc etc

Yes. No doubt at all

https://countryeconomy.com/countries/co ... k/portugal
User avatar
MungoBrush
 
Posts: 1007
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Re: Theresa May is openly taking Tory voters for gullible idiots

Postby Cannydc » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:51 pm

Rollup posts...

Unemployment has fallen from 17.5% in 2013 to 7.9% in 2018.

Mungo posts...

Unemployment - 8% (and rising)

Let's just fact check that, shall we ? Doing that will indicate who we can believe on this forum, and who we definitely cannot.

30th May 2018 - Portugal’s monthly unemployment rate fell to 7.4 percent in April from a revised reading of 7.5 percent the previous month, which was the lowest in 14 years, data from the National Statistics Institute showed on Wednesday.

The jobless rate compares to 9.2 percent in April 2017.

The total number of unemployed fell to 381,400 people in April from 386,000 in March, while the total workforce stood at around 5.15 million.


Houston, I think we have a winner. And if you needed any further proof, ask yourself how the National Minimum wages in both countries actually compare to the real cost of living in both. Also, Inflation in Portugal is well under control at 1% - here it's exactly 3 times that.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-port ... SKCN1IV17Z

https://tradingeconomics.com/portugal/inflation-cpi
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 12041
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: Theresa May is openly taking Tory voters for gullible idiots

Postby MungoBrush » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:57 pm

Cannydc wrote:Rollup posts...

Unemployment has fallen from 17.5% in 2013 to 7.9% in 2018.

Mungo posts...

Unemployment - 8% (and rising)

Let's just fact check that, shall we ? Doing that will indicate who we can believe on this forum, and who we definitely cannot.

30th May 2018 - Portugal’s monthly unemployment rate fell to 7.4 percent in April from a revised reading of 7.5 percent the previous month, which was the lowest in 14 years, data from the National Statistics Institute showed on Wednesday.

The jobless rate compares to 9.2 percent in April 2017.

The total number of unemployed fell to 381,400 people in April from 386,000 in March, while the total workforce stood at around 5.15 million.


Houston, I think we have a winner. And if you needed any further proof, ask yourself how the National Minimum wages in both countries actually compare to the real cost of living in both. Also, Inflation in Portugal is well under control at 1% - here it's exactly 3 times that.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-port ... SKCN1IV17Z

https://tradingeconomics.com/portugal/inflation-cpi


Meanwhile, here in the UK,
unemployment has fallen to 4.2%
Lowest level for more that 40 years.

UK beats Portugal hands down don't you think?
User avatar
MungoBrush
 
Posts: 1007
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Re: Theresa May is openly taking Tory voters for gullible idiots

Postby Cannydc » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:11 pm

You lie like a cheap Japanese watch, Mungo.

And counting a million people forced into zero hours, non-job contracts as employed is another massive fib.
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 12041
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: Theresa May is openly taking Tory voters for gullible idiots

Postby Gigabit » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:20 pm

Corbyn's policies work. We know this, they worked in America, they worked in Portugal, they worked in Germany, they worked in Norway.

But they won't work in the UK. Because...
User avatar
Gigabit
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:52 pm

Re: Theresa May is openly taking Tory voters for gullible idiots

Postby MungoBrush » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:22 pm

Cannydc wrote:You lie like a cheap Japanese watch, Mungo.

And counting a million people forced into zero hours, non-job contracts as employed is another massive fib.


And they don't have zero hours contracts in Portugal to fiddle the numbers?
You'd better check.

(I already did - you'll need a tissue for that egg on your face)
User avatar
MungoBrush
 
Posts: 1007
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Re: Theresa May is openly taking Tory voters for gullible idiots

Postby Keyser » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:24 pm

Cannydc wrote:You lie like a cheap Japanese watch, Mungo.

And counting a million people forced into zero hours, non-job contracts as employed is another massive fib.

Image
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 12702
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: Theresa May is openly taking Tory voters for gullible idiots

Postby MungoBrush » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:25 pm

Gigabit wrote:Corbyn's policies work. We know this, they worked in America, they worked in Portugal, they worked in Germany, they worked in Norway.

But they won't work in the UK. Because...


Do under 25's get free bus passes in America?
Is tertiary education free in America?
Is the US government nationalising the railways in America?

Tell us gigabit, which of Corbyn's policies have they implemented in America?
User avatar
MungoBrush
 
Posts: 1007
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests