has tommy robinson

Re: has tommy robinson

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:26 pm

Boris wrote:The EU has a lot to lose if it excludes Britain from all the projects you mention so that will not happen,keep on pushing Project Fear if you wish but it will fail.
Our once large fishing fleets disappeared when EU fleets were given the green light to invade our waters and plunder our fish stocks and both can recover when we become a proud sovereign nation again.

They don't care mate, as a country we voted the highway; it's up to you lot to sort it out instead of whinging. You won, get over it...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:32 pm

Boris wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
jra wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
calitom wrote:UK votes for Brexit but the true nature of EU domination and control of the UK govt has become evident since Brexit is being blocked,delayed,watered down by the govt slaves of the unelected EU.
So what is happening after the Brexit vote proves the need for Brexit.
Slaves are the last ones to realize they are slaves.Those who at least realize they are slaves voted to Brexit.
Keep screaming and yelling about the 'disaster ' that will happen if you leave your captors.

Still reading your comics for info, I see.

Brexit has not been delayed, we have had a defined leaving date for ages.

The EU is a group of 28 countries - it isn't elected, obviously. But the members of the EU parliament (where laws and standards are passed) certainly are.

What has happened post-Brexit vote has defined EXACTLY why it should never have happened - from the top to the bottom of all growth charts in 2 short years.

As for us being 'slaves'....you are barmy.

You sure. I didn't get to vote on EU parliament members from outside the UK. So, from my point of view, and the UK for that matter, they are unelected.

I got to vote for my local MP in the general election in Luton (e.g. Gavin Shulker). I don't remember receiving any forms from any other EU member states. So again, unelected IMO.

Untrue.

The EU election paperwork (for proxy or postal voting) is sent in exactly the same method as per a GE or local council elections. They are every 5 years, and in 2014 coincided with council elections on 22.5.2014.

If you didn't get papers, you weren't registered.

As for UK 'influence' - we will have less than nil if we crash out of the EU with no deal and don't pay our legally contracted bills. We are members of so many joint EU projects - medicine, atomic, education, GPS, security etc.... losing them will cost us dearly, much more than a few fish which will be gone in a few years anyway as UK fishermen have no quotas to respect.

The EU has a lot to lose if it excludes Britain from all the projects you mention so that will not happen,keep on pushing Project Fear if you wish but it will fail.
Our once large fishing fleets disappeared when EU fleets were given the green light to invade our waters and plunder our fish stocks and both can recover when we become a proud sovereign nation again.

Actually our fishing fleets were decimated when Iceland gave us a kicking off their waters, and WE (not the EU etc) decimated North Sea stocks.

And the EU won't worry about our paltry contributions - there's only one real loser here - us.
Cannydc

Postby LordRaven » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:38 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Boris wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
jra wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

The EU is a group of 28 countries - it isn't elected, obviously. But the members of the EU parliament (where laws and standards are passed) certainly are.

What has happened post-Brexit vote has defined EXACTLY why it should never have happened - from the top to the bottom of all growth charts in 2 short years.

You sure. I didn't get to vote on EU parliament members from outside the UK. So, from my point of view, and the UK for that matter, they are unelected.

I got to vote for my local MP in the general election in Luton (e.g. Gavin Shulker). I don't remember receiving any forms from any other EU member states. So again, unelected IMO.

Untrue.

The EU election paperwork (for proxy or postal voting) is sent in exactly the same method as per a GE or local council elections. They are every 5 years, and in 2014 coincided with council elections on 22.5.2014.

As for UK 'influence' - we will have less than nil if we crash out of the EU with no deal and don't pay our legally contracted bills. We are members of so many joint EU projects - medicine, atomic, education, GPS, security etc.... losing them will cost us dearly, much more than a few fish which will be gone in a few years anyway as UK fishermen have no quotas to respect.

The EU has a lot to lose if it excludes Britain from all the projects you mention so that will not happen,keep on pushing Project Fear if you wish but it will fail.

Actually our fishing fleets were decimated when Iceland gave us a kicking off their waters, and WE (not the EU etc) decimated North Sea stocks.

And the EU won't worry about our paltry contributions - there's only one real loser here - us.

We did not get a kicking, Iceland threatened to withdraw from NATO and we could not let that happen.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Cannydc » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:41 pm

They actually fired on navy protection vessels.

Losing those waters was utterly devastating.
Cannydc

Postby jra » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:03 pm

Cannydc wrote:
jra wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
calitom wrote:UK votes for Brexit but the true nature of EU domination and control of the UK govt has become evident since Brexit is being blocked,delayed,watered down by the govt slaves of the unelected EU.
Slaves are the last ones to realize they are slaves.Those who at least realize they are slaves voted to Brexit.
Keep screaming and yelling about the 'disaster ' that will happen if you leave your captors.

Untrue.

A few fish. You are talking about millions of tonnes, either caught inside 'our' waters by other EU member states or having to be dumped overboard because of EU fishing quotas becoming seagull and crab food.

Yes, I get all the voting forms, but it's for the UK MEP not any other EU MEPs, so I don't get a voting choice in that matter. I don't mind our MPs making decisions for the UK, as at least they are acting on the UK's behalf, but I have a problem with MPs from other EU countries making decisions which may influence the UK and that's it. Your country, you make your own laws, rather than being dictated to by some unelected bureaucratic institution based in another country, e.g. Belgium. The EU started off as a trading block, the EEC and it should have remained at that.

All that money we gave to the Spanish for their high speed rail network, could have been invested in our railway network. As the expression goes, charity begins at home.

Same as the ROI. The EU has turned them from a poor country into a wealthy country, mostly due to income into the EU fund from Germany and the UK.

Much of EU funding was subsidies, most of which the UK didn't need, so we got what is called a 'bum deal'.

Theresa May has said she will not overturn the result of the referendum, as IMO a referendum is binding and the UK will not be bullied by the EU.

The rest of the EU are crying like babies because the UK overall is the most powerful member when you take all things into account, maybe not GDP wise but military wise, the internet hub of Europe (London LINX) and our relations with the USA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Internet_Exchange
jra

Postby jra » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:14 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Boris wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
jra wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Untrue.

The Irish Box isn't in Icelandic waters and the Spanish fishing fleet is the largest in Europe. You do the maths.

And doesn't it tell you something that because Iceland isn't in the EU they could enforce their fishing rights and limits, something the UK lost.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Conservation_Box

Notice the word Spanish in there.
jra

Postby Cannydc » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:29 pm

A few facts.

The quota each member state receives is based largely on how much they fished in those areas in the 1970s, before the Common Fisheries Policy came into effect.

So we really haven't lost out to the Spanish, or anyone else. The quotas are necessary to allow fish stocks to remain sustainable.

The UK’s share of the overall EU fishing catch grew between 2004 and 2014. In 2004 the UK had the fourth largest catch of any EU country at 652,000 tonnes, by 2014 this had grown to 752,000 tonnes and the second largest catch of any country in the EU.

And don't forget, WE fish in THEIR waters too. Elizabeth Truss, Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, has said the waters around the UK make up 13% of the total waters of the EU. Defra are the source for this figure.
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:01 pm

Also, this is worth bearing in mind...

If we left the EU it wouldn’t necessarily mean that the situation would improve. The House of Commons Library has said that “many of the underlying issues that affect fisheries management would remain unchanged.”

The UK is signed up to the UN Law of the Sea Convention which allows countries to establish an Exclusive Economic Zone of up to 200 nautical miles from their coast. If the UK were to leave the EU we could have control of all fish which were within this zone. But, the same laws also require countries to ensure that fish stocks are conserved and that the allowable catch is specified and where necessary shared with other countries.

https://fullfact.org/europe/eu-pinching-our-fish/
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:10 pm

Cannydc wrote:A few facts.

The quota each member state receives is based largely on how much they fished in those areas in the 1970s, before the Common Fisheries Policy came into effect.

So we really haven't lost out to the Spanish, or anyone else. The quotas are necessary to allow fish stocks to remain sustainable.

The UK’s share of the overall EU fishing catch grew between 2004 and 2014. In 2004 the UK had the fourth largest catch of any EU country at 652,000 tonnes, by 2014 this had grown to 752,000 tonnes and the second largest catch of any country in the EU.

And don't forget, WE fish in THEIR waters too. Elizabeth Truss, Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, has said the waters around the UK make up 13% of the total waters of the EU. Defra are the source for this figure.

Britain's fishy role in the quota-hopping scandal
Foreign vessels are legally taking a large chunk of the UK's fishing quota. But it is our own government's double-think and double-talk that is to blame rather than the minefield of EU rules, says John Lichfield
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/b ... 15516.html

Britain sold our fish quotas for a quick buck, says PETER HILL
A HUGE fuss is being made over the “betrayal” of Britain’s fishing industry with foreign boats allowed to continue harvesting our waters for 21 months after we leave the EU.
https://www.express.co.uk/comment/colum ... rts-brexit

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:15 pm

Guest wrote:

Foreign vessels are legally taking a large chunk of the UK's fishing quota. But it is our own government's double-think and double-talk that is to blame rather than the minefield of EU rules, says John Lichfield

A HUGE fuss is being made over the “betrayal” of Britain’s fishing industry with foreign boats allowed to continue harvesting our waters for 21 months after we leave the EU.

It's just blue passports then? :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:52 pm

jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Tommy out of 28 countries we were in the top three of the law makers and decision takers so who exactly was ruling over us?
We'll now have to trade with them work with them but have zero say. Someone else will move into the top three and we won't register anywhere in the 28. America are already telling us what our health services will be made up of and that our food standards are going to drop massively so we really will be slaves then ... to America because we can't have any say on your laws . China too and India will be telling us on what terms we can trade.
We are about to become nobodies .... has beens while the rest of Europe get on with business as usual.

Yeah whatever. You underestimate the influence the UK has around the world, in or out of the EU. In the past we've managed just fine without being in the EU.

I'd rather be an ally with the US than with the EU, including trade agreements. The USA is the most powerful military in the world, the UK is the 5th in terms of military expenditure. It's the USA and UK bailing people out around the world when it comes to conflicts in the main, not other EU countries. The EU military outside of the UK are at best only make a token presence.

The French for example are cheese eating surrender monkeys. The USA helped win WW2 for the world and we should be thankful to them for that. The USA in spite of all their faults, saved us from being another German territory, which in my case would mean my father would have been exterminated and for that matter the rest of my family. Simon Wiesenthal will testify to that, as he lost almost all of his family due to WW2.

Let's break this down a bit.

You want a trade agreement with a country whose president thinks anything that isn't 100% to its benefit is "terrible" and should just be ripped up unilaterally? Good luck with that. You'll turn Britain into an economic colony in no time, it'll be like one of those Central American banana republics - no say in its own affairs and run for the benefit of US companies.
Maybe better not to have your head right up the arse of Us military imperialist adventures, that's worked out really well in the Middle East/Afghanistan, hasn't it?

"Cheese-eating surrender monkeys"? Nice bit of xenophobia there, especially from someone who greets about references to jaffas and pretzels, saying they're a slur on your (when it suits you) Jewish heritage.

The USSR "won" WW2 just as much as the USA, why aren't you thankful to them as well? They bore by a long, long way the brunt of the fighting and the losses, both people and resources.

You think the US saved the Jews of Europe from being totally exterminated by the Nazis?
You've mentioned that your Dad came to Britain on a Kindertransport in 1938. That would make him one of around 10 000 children rescued.
https://www.hmd.org.uk/learn-about-the- ... -refugees/

US Immigration Laws and the Refugee Crisis
https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/ ... ogers-bill

Lucky for you that your Dad wasn't on this ship
VOYAGE OF THE ST. LOUIS
https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/ ... e-st-louis

US version of the Kindertransport.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Thousand_Children

Still think the USA is so wonderful, do you?

Postby Cannydc » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:13 pm

Ouchee.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:16 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:

It's just blue passports then? :dunno:

Don't forget the biscuit trade!!
British tea, jam and biscuits will be at the heart of Britain's Brexit trade plans
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/1 ... itains-br/ :rofl:

Anyway, blue passports is just another Brexiteer myth
The blue passport is taking back control? No, it was first imposed on us from abroad
James E Baldwin
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... assport-eu

And Croatia's passport is blue already
https://www.total-croatia-news.com/poli ... -passports

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:23 pm

Stooo wrote:
Boris wrote:The EU has a lot to lose if it excludes Britain from all the projects you mention so that will not happen,keep on pushing Project Fear if you wish but it will fail.

They don't care mate, as a country we voted the highway; it's up to you lot to sort it out instead of whinging. You won, get over it...

Why do you keep trying to make out the leavers are the ones whinging?
And you were thinking of running for councilor.... really?
At best the leavers just want to get on with it and leave, it's your lot crying into your cornflakes and demanding another vote :pmsl:

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:33 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Why do you keep trying to make out the leavers are the ones whinging?
And you were thinking of running for councilor.... really?
At best the leavers just want to get on with it and leave, it's your lot crying into your cornflakes and demanding another vote :pmsl:

You're constantly whinging about about loosing access to a club that you don't want to join anymore :woteva:
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs