Thai Cave Rescue

Re: Thai Cave Rescue

Postby McAz » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:07 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
McAz wrote:What do hairy-arsed stokers look like? :dunno:


I have no idea, but you should
You are the one that posted that vile racist post a couple of weeks ago.

If you have no idea what hairy arsed stokers look like, how do you know that...

MungoBrush wrote:Lots of anxious Thai mums on the BBC news

But I didn't see any that looked like "hairy arsed stokers"


:shake head:

...are you well Mungo? If not, I'll go easier on you.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 30451
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: Thai Cave Rescue

Postby Punk » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:21 pm

I blame those Chilean Miners
User avatar
Punk
 
Posts: 6870
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:10 pm
Location: Upper Sydenham

Re: Thai Cave Rescue

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:44 pm

Wtf has hairy arses got to do with the stuck boys?

Anyway. The situation is getting more bleak.

A diver has died whilst placing oxygen tanks along he rite of the cave. He ran out of oxygen on his way back to the surface.
https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/06/thai-navy-seals-pay-tribute-diver-died-cave-rescue

And the oxygen levels in the cave have dropped form 21% to 15%, so I’d imagine there’s more of a rush now.
User avatar
NastyNickers
 
Posts: 6495
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:06 am

Re: Thai Cave Rescue

Postby McAz » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:01 pm

NastyNickers wrote:Wtf has hairy arses got to do with the stuck boys?

Nothing whatsoever.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 30451
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: Thai Cave Rescue

Postby Stooo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:23 pm

The first two members of the Thai football team have been rescued, a local rescue official told Reuters.

“Two kids are out. They are currently at the field hospital near the cave,” said Tossathep Boonthong, chief of Chiang Rai’s health department and part of the rescue team.


https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... 883625ce4a

I've got everything crossed!
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 85145
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Everywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: Thai Cave Rescue

Postby Keyser » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:41 pm

If all goes well it's the perfect story to make a film out of. :thumbsup:
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 12702
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: Thai Cave Rescue

Postby malamute » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:42 pm

Keyser wrote:If all goes well it's the perfect story to make a film out of. :thumbsup:


Dont think I could watch it. I am claustrophobic.

Good news about the four boys rescued today but what must the other 8 feel like tonight just waiting for their turn. I dont think their Mums will let them out of their sight ever again.
User avatar
malamute
 
Posts: 1488
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Thai Cave Rescue

Postby NastyNickers » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:25 pm

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... atest-news

8 out! Another 4 and the coach to go.

The rest tomorrow hopefully! The rain they were forecast seems to have fucked off so everything in their favour currently!
User avatar
NastyNickers
 
Posts: 6495
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:06 am

Re: Thai Cave Rescue

Postby Bella » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:22 pm

What an amazing effort, all recovered now :smilin:

Image

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-10/t ... on/9971184
User avatar
Bella
 
Posts: 6698
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: Thai Cave Rescue

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:12 am

One of their SAS divers did die though. Shows how perilous the rescue really was.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 24060
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm
Location: Happy ever after.

Re: Thai Cave Rescue

Postby LordRaven » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:50 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:One of their SAS divers did die though. Shows how perilous the rescue really was.


The former Thai Navy SEAL guy's death really brought home just how perilous the whole affair was, it was therefore quite remarkable in the planning and execution because they got all the lads and their coach out alive.
After so many days cut off without daylight food and water I am amazed at the resilience of those young guys.
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 27869
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: Thai Cave Rescue

Postby Punk » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:41 am

Image
User avatar
Punk
 
Posts: 6870
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:10 pm
Location: Upper Sydenham

Re: Thai Cave Rescue

Postby LordRaven » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:16 am

Punk wrote:Image


Thanks, that graphic is rather useful in understanding the enormity of the task faced by the rescuers and the impossible situation those lads found themselves in.
As per the Chilean miners I am sure that this will made into a movie, not that any film producer will really be able to capture and portray the actual events authentically.
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 27869
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: Thai Cave Rescue

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:22 am

LordRaven wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:One of their SAS divers did die though. Shows how perilous the rescue really was.


The former Thai Navy SEAL guy's death really brought home just how perilous the whole affair was, it was therefore quite remarkable in the planning and execution because they got all the lads and their coach out alive.
After so many days cut off without daylight food and water I am amazed at the resilience of those young guys.

How long were you a diving instructor?
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 4882
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: Thai Cave Rescue

Postby LordRaven » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:55 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:One of their SAS divers did die though. Shows how perilous the rescue really was.


The former Thai Navy SEAL guy's death really brought home just how perilous the whole affair was, it was therefore quite remarkable in the planning and execution because they got all the lads and their coach out alive.
After so many days cut off without daylight food and water I am amazed at the resilience of those young guys.

How long were you a diving instructor?


Never
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 27869
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests