Can we give up plastic?

Re: Can we give up plastic?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:03 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:Suffice to say, IMO plastic isn't so much the problem, it's how we as a messy/untidy species deal with it. Basically tidy up after ourselves (which many of us don't) and recycle stuff (which many of us don't).

If plastic isn't the problem we are, what do you propose we do with the billions of tons of plastic waste we keep producing that won't break down easily .... stack it up neatly in the corner?

Rolluplostinspace

Postby jra » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:04 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:Suffice to say, IMO plastic isn't so much the problem, it's how we as a messy/untidy species deal with it. Basically tidy up after ourselves (which many of us don't) and recycle stuff (which many of us don't).

If plastic isn't the problem we are, what do you propose we do with the billions of tons of plastic waste we keep producing that won't break down easily .... stack it up in the corner neatly?

I've already answered that, by cutting down on the human population. It doesn't matter how much we recycle, as unless it's 100% of everything, resources will run out eventually and then what?

And it's not just plastic which is the problem anyway. You've got glass, metals, various other materials which take a long time to break down.

Fewer humans = less waste. And it's as simple as that.
jra

Postby jra » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:09 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:A world population of fifty million!
Where the fuck do you get such a figure?
The world can only sustain a population less than that of the U.K ... fucking doughnut.

It's just a what I would called a good starting point. It's certain the world cannot sustain our current and rising population for much longer.

I see you're not here really for a debate, but for antagonism of me, e.g. by calling me a fucking doughnut.

I'm entitled to my opinion just as much as your are.
jra

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:11 am

jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

If plastic isn't the problem we are, what do you propose we do with the billions of tons of plastic waste we keep producing that won't break down easily .... stack it up in the corner neatly?

I've already answered that, by cutting down on the human population. It doesn't matter how much we recycle, as unless it's 100% of everything, resources will run out eventually and then what?

And it's not just plastic which is the problem anyway. You've got glass, metals, various other materials which take a long time to break down.

Hemp doesn't need recycling it breaks down cleanly and rapidly.
Glass can be recycled indefinitely as it doesn't lose its properties no matter how many times you melt it down and reshape it.
All metals are recycled.
Hemp isn't a resource that runs out.
You do know what renewable means yes?
Lets only have a population the size of Britain is farcical.
The jra solution is let's not tackle the plastic problem because there are other problems too.
Let's just kill everyone.
What a dick.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:12 am

jra wrote:
The world can only sustain a population less than that of the U.K ... fucking doughnut.

It's just a what I would called a good starting point. It's certain the world cannot sustain our current and rising population for much longer.

I see you're not here really for a debate, but for antagonism of me, e.g. by calling me a fucking doughnut.

I was in the middle of discussing these things then you showed up.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby jra » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:16 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:

Oh sorry about that. I didn't realise I needed your permission to post or take part in a debate.
jra

Postby jra » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:24 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Glass can be recycled indefinitely as it doesn't lose its properties no matter how many times you melt it down and reshape it.
All metals are recycled.
The jra solution is let's not tackle the plastic problem because there are other problems too.
What a dick.

Let's just kill everyone. Where did I say that?

I'm not saying don't tackle the plastic problem, just giving my views as to why it is IMO a problem.

So, if you want to continue this discussion with me, stop being abusive to me, or I may bow out at any time. However, I probably won't because I'm not letting people like you intimidate me, e.g. by calling me a dick. OK.

And not all metals are recycled btw. They may decay over time. Any man made material may or not be recycled.
jra

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:34 am

jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:

Oh sorry about that. I didn't realise I needed your permission to post or take part in a debate.

You're fucking unreal!
You accused me of not wanting to debate when I'd already been doing just that before you showed up wanting to kill everyone.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:35 am

jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

All metals are recycled.
What a dick.

I'm not saying don't tackle the plastic problem, just giving my views as to why it is IMO a problem.

So, if you want to continue this discussion with me, stop being abusive to me, or I may bow out at any time. However, I probably won't because I'm not letting people like you intimidate me, e.g. by calling me a dick. OK.

And not all metals are recycled btw. They may decay over time. Any man made material may or not be recycled.

So you’re saying rather than deal with the plastics problem let’s give up copulating. What will the rubbers be made of?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:36 am

jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

All metals are recycled.
What a dick.

You bow out anytime you like.
You say it as if it's going to be a loss to me.
I see why so many people can't fucking put up with you for long.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby jra » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:19 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:

You're fucking unreal!
You accused me of not wanting to debate when I'd already been doing just that before you showed up wanting to kill everyone.

I didn't say I wanted to kill anybody. Bloody hell.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=47430&start=15#p1511032
jra

Postby jra » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:26 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:

Then you decided to become personally abusive to me. Yeah, I get it. Attack the poster, rather than the post. Way to go.

I'm allowed to post here as much as you are. Don't like it, then tough.
Last edited by jra on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jra

Postby jra » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:31 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:If plastic isn't the problem we are, what do you propose we do with the billions of tons of plastic waste we keep producing that won't break down easily .... stack it up in the corner neatly?

All metals are recycled.
What a dick.

So you’re saying rather than deal with the plastics problem let’s give up copulating. What will the rubbers be made of?

No. I'm saying cut down on birth rates wherever possible around the world, so the overall population will decline over time. Copulation and giving birth aren't one and the same thing. Having sex doesn't not necessarily equate to making babies, especially in countries where there is easy access to contraception.
jra

Postby jra » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:36 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:If plastic isn't the problem we are, what do you propose we do with the billions of tons of plastic waste we keep producing that won't break down easily .... stack it up in the corner neatly?

All metals are recycled.
What a dick.

You bow out anytime you like.
You say it as if it's going to be a loss to me.
I see why so many people can't fucking put up with you for long.

But they can put up with you being abusive. What's so special about you with your over inflated ego? And then you wonder I consider the human species as a whole arrogant. You're just another cave person with a computer. Don't get ideas above your station.
jra

Postby jra » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:38 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:

You're fucking unreal!

You're not really debating this serious topic while you are giving me abuse. That was the point.
jra

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs