TORIES SILENT ON ISLAMOPHOBIA......AGAIN

TORIES SILENT ON ISLAMOPHOBIA......AGAIN

Postby Cannydc » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:52 am

The Maybot has been accused of staying silent on Islamophobia in the Tory party after failing to criticise Boris Johnson for suggesting women wearing niqabs resemble “letter boxes” and “bank robbers”.

The prime minister has been urged to end her silence over the controversial article penned by the man who was her foreign secretary until a few weeks ago.

It has been noted that “absolutely nothing” had happened since the Conservative party chairman vowed to act on Islamophobia two months ago.

Mr Johnson has been widely condemned for the article – in which he said it was “absolutely ridiculous” that people should "choose to go around looking like letter boxes” – but No 10 declined to comment..

Anyone surprised ??
Cannydc

Re: TORIES SILENT ON ISLAMOPHOBIA......AGAIN

Postby Raggamuffin » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:06 am

That's not Islamophobia as not all Muslim women wear those garments, and there's no religious requirement for them to do so. Anyway, he's right, they look awful.
Raggamuffin

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:19 am

Raggamuffin wrote:That's not Islamophobia as not all Muslim women wear those garments, and there's no religious requirement for them to do so. Anyway, he's right, they look awful.

Yes it is :off head:

A top Tory has led Muslim outrage at Boris Johnson - accusing him of “bigotry and tactics of Trump”.

Britain’s former chief diplomat is facing fury for comparing burqa-wearing women to "letterboxes" and "bank robbers” in a column aimed at the Tory faithful.

And Theresa May is facing anger after her spokesman refused to condemn Mr Johnson yesterday.

Sayeeda Warsi said Mr Johnson was inspired by former Donald Trump aide Steve Bannon, who is reportedly in contact with the MP and promoting the hard-right in Europe.

The former Tory chairwoman told Channel 4 News: "This is literally the bigotry of Bannon and the tactics of Trump finding its [way] into British mainstream politics."

She added: "Muslim women should not be a useful political battleground for Old Etonians."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... e-13043037

Postby Raggamuffin » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:31 am

Well I don't agree - he's talking about burkas, not Muslims generally.
Raggamuffin

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:33 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Well I don't agree - he's talking about burkas, not Muslims generally.

You wouldn't, but that really doesn't matter.

Postby McAz » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:42 am

Cannydc wrote:The Maybot has been accused of staying silent on Islamophobia in the Tory party after failing to criticise Boris Johnson for suggesting women wearing niqabs resemble “letter boxes” and “bank robbers”.

The prime minister has been urged to end her silence over the controversial article penned by the man who was her foreign secretary until a few weeks ago.

It has been noted that “absolutely nothing” had happened since the Conservative party chairman vowed to act on Islamophobia two months ago.

Mr Johnson has been widely condemned for the article – in which he said it was “absolutely ridiculous” that people should "choose to go around looking like letter boxes” – but No 10 declined to comment..

Anyone surprised ??

And yet choosing to go around looking like a total cunt is not ridiculous. :roll:
McAz

Postby Raggamuffin » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:42 am

Guest wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Well I don't agree - he's talking about burkas, not Muslims generally.

You wouldn't, but that really doesn't matter.

Of course it matters.
Raggamuffin

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:48 am

Lesson for lefties. Criticism of jewish people comparing them to nazis and denying holocaust. That is racist/anti-Semitic.

Being critical of an article of clothing is not.

Hth. Just how flawed lefties understanding of discrimination is flabbergasting. No wonder they didnt know what they were voting for.

Postby McAz » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:08 am

Guest wrote:Lesson for lefties. Criticism of jewish people comparing them to nazis and denying holocaust. That is racist/anti-Semitic.

What is Semitic clothing? :scratch:
McAz

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:55 am

Guest wrote:Lesson for lefties. Criticism of jewish people comparing them to nazis and denying holocaust. That is racist/anti-Semitic.

Hth. Just how flawed lefties understanding of discrimination is flabbergasting. No wonder they didnt know what they were voting for.

BBC silent as top Tories exposed holding secret meetings with neo-Nazi leader accused of antisemitism

Would anybody at the BBC – or indeed the mass media in general – care to explain their silence on this, in contrast to the screams about anti-Semitism in the Labour Party?

I was wondering what the Tories had been doing while the focus was on the fabricated anti-Semitism debate in the Labour Party.

https://voxpoliticalonline.com/2018/08/ ... -politics/

:hand:

Bankrobbers and Letterboxes?

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:31 pm

Boris Johnson branded ‘pound-shop Trump’ after saying Muslim women in burkas ‘look like letter boxes’

Boris Johnson has been accused of Islamophobia after saying that Muslim women who wear burkas “look like letter boxes”. Responding to the introduction of Denmark’s burka ban, the former foreign secretary said he was against such a move but compared those wearing the veils to bank robbers. “If you tell me that the burka is oppressive, then I am with you,” Mr Johnson wrote in an article for the Daily Telegraph. “If you say that it is weird and bullying to expect women to cover their faces, then I totally agree – and I would add that I can find no scriptural authority for the practice in the Koran Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/boris ... ter-boxes/

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/boris ... ter-boxes/

Denmark has banned the Burka, Boris feels a ban is silly but makes remarks that get him branded a Pound-Shop Trump.

Thank fuck he didn't tell any jokes about an Englishman an Irishman and a Scotsman otherwise he'd no doubt be accused of overt racism :smilin:
LordRaven
Twat.

Re: Banrobbers and Letterboxes?

Postby McAz » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:33 pm

There's already a thread on this, Raven - are you confused again?
McAz

Re: Banrobbers and Letterboxes?

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:36 pm

McAz wrote:There's already a thread on this, Raven - are you confused again?

I do apologise, I don't spend my entire life on here and as such I do not know every single post and every single thread.
Being a proper regular, and no doubt having a good relationship with the Mods could you do something about this?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:58 pm

Cannydc wrote:The Maybot has been accused of staying silent on Islamophobia in the Tory party after failing to criticise Boris Johnson for suggesting women wearing niqabs resemble “letter boxes” and “bank robbers”.

Anyone surprised ??

I thought he said niqabs ought to be banned and that women in Bukas looked like Bank Robbers or Letter Boxes?

And I am guessing your Faux Outrage wouldn't be anywhere the level it is had he made jokes about Englishmen Irishmen and Scotsman --because they are allowed in your world.

But pick on a Muslim and you are all over it, your racism ideas are flawed
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Cannydc » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:06 pm

Englishmen Irishmen and Scotsman aren't a race.

Try to keep up, the thread isn't about racism anyway - it's about a Tory clown who thinks that telling people what they should and shouldn't wear in accordance with their religious beliefs os a really spiffing wheeze, guaranteed to aid his hopeless quest to become PM.
Cannydc

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs