The BBC's obsession with identity politics

Re: The BBC's obsession with identity politics

Postby Stooo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:10 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Stooo wrote:The BBC is RW, anyone who listens to the Today programme knows that.


Nothing on Radio 4 is right-wing.


How many times has your frog faced hero appeared on QT compared with any other career politician?


Do you mean Any Questions?


AQ is radio.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 85588
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Everywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: The BBC's obsession with identity politics

Postby LordRaven » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:15 pm

Stooo wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Stooo wrote:The BBC is RW, anyone who listens to the Today programme knows that.


Nothing on Radio 4 is right-wing.


How many times has your frog faced hero appeared on QT compared with any other career politician?


Alex Salmond?
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 28025
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: The BBC's obsession with identity politics

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:22 pm

Stooo wrote:
We were talking about Radio 4 :dunno:


A quick google reveals he's been on QT the same number of time as Remainer Ken Clarke.
User avatar
Ray of Sunshine
 
Posts: 3536
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: The BBC's obsession with identity politics

Postby Cannydc » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:28 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:Two more since I posted this morning!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-451 ... -her-story
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45134809

Almost everything is about identity politics at BBC News now.


In case you weren't aware, it's the silly season, politicians are on holiday and there's precious little real news.
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 12167
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: The BBC's obsession with identity politics

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:38 pm

They're also really obsessed with Love Island which is odd because it's on ITV2, time was they would never mention shows on rival channels.

It must be pushing some sort of message they approve of.
User avatar
Ray of Sunshine
 
Posts: 3536
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: The BBC's obsession with identity politics

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:41 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:They're also really obsessed with Love Island which is odd because it's on ITV2, time was they would never mention shows on rival channels.

It must be pushing some sort of message they approve of.


That despite the seeming physical perfection and desirability of the contestants they have the same human frailties, fears and desires like anyone else?
User avatar
Avon Barksdale
 
Posts: 8198
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Troll Central

Re: The BBC's obsession with identity politics

Postby McAz » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:33 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:They're also really obsessed with Love Island which is odd because it's on ITV2, time was they would never mention shows on rival channels.

It must be pushing some sort of message they approve of.

You thieve from the BBC - what gives you a right to a view? :scratch:
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 30453
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: The BBC's obsession with identity politics

Postby Avon Barksdale » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:44 pm

McAz wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:They're also really obsessed with Love Island which is odd because it's on ITV2, time was they would never mention shows on rival channels.

It must be pushing some sort of message they approve of.

You thieve from the BBC - what gives you a right to a view? :scratch:


Maybe he was trying to make some tortured point that some of the very attractive people in Love Island were POC or mixed race and there were happy mixed race couples which is a message the BBC were hoping to promote?

The swines.
User avatar
Avon Barksdale
 
Posts: 8198
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Troll Central

Re: The BBC's obsession with identity politics

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:48 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:They're also really obsessed with Love Island which is odd because it's on ITV2, time was they would never mention shows on rival channels.

It must be pushing some sort of message they approve of.


That despite the seeming physical perfection and desirability of the contestants they have the same human frailties, fears and desires like anyone else?


Thinking about it, it's probably the case that it's popular with young people so they cover it to get young people to visit their site and hopefully read all their identity politics articles.
User avatar
Ray of Sunshine
 
Posts: 3536
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: The BBC's obsession with identity politics

Postby McAz » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:48 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
McAz wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:They're also really obsessed with Love Island which is odd because it's on ITV2, time was they would never mention shows on rival channels.

It must be pushing some sort of message they approve of.

You thieve from the BBC - what gives you a right to a view? :scratch:


Maybe he was trying to make some tortured point that some of the very attractive people in Love Island where POC or mixed race and there were happy mixed race couples which is a message the BBC were hoping to promote?

The swines.


Yes that could be it - I may have misjudged him. :gigglesnshit:

A thief is still a thief though. :shake head:
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 30453
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: The BBC's obsession with identity politics

Postby Avon Barksdale » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:52 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:They're also really obsessed with Love Island which is odd because it's on ITV2, time was they would never mention shows on rival channels.

It must be pushing some sort of message they approve of.


That despite the seeming physical perfection and desirability of the contestants they have the same human frailties, fears and desires like anyone else?


Thinking about it, it's probably the case that it's popular with young people so they cover it to get young people to visit their site and hopefully read all their identity politics articles.


Possibly. Young people it seems are far more open to being in a mixed race relationship or at least have much less issue with it than older generations and are more open to arguments about identity politics. It makes sense the BBC would cater towards that demographic to some degree.

It's possible that the Beeb isn't solely run by a cabal of raging communists but are simply catering to new public demand and perceptions.
User avatar
Avon Barksdale
 
Posts: 8198
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Troll Central

Re: The BBC's obsession with identity politics

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:28 pm

McAz wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
McAz wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:They're also really obsessed with Love Island which is odd because it's on ITV2, time was they would never mention shows on rival channels.

It must be pushing some sort of message they approve of.

You thieve from the BBC - what gives you a right to a view? :scratch:


Maybe he was trying to make some tortured point that some of the very attractive people in Love Island where POC or mixed race and there were happy mixed race couples which is a message the BBC were hoping to promote?

The swines.


Yes that could be it - I may have misjudged him. :gigglesnshit:

A thief is still a thief though. :shake head:


Has stooo seen your opinion here?
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: The BBC's obsession with identity politics

Postby McAz » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:51 pm

Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
McAz wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:They're also really obsessed with Love Island which is odd because it's on ITV2, time was they would never mention shows on rival channels.

It must be pushing some sort of message they approve of.

You thieve from the BBC - what gives you a right to a view? :scratch:


Maybe he was trying to make some tortured point that some of the very attractive people in Love Island where POC or mixed race and there were happy mixed race couples which is a message the BBC were hoping to promote?

The swines.


Yes that could be it - I may have misjudged him. :gigglesnshit:

A thief is still a thief though. :shake head:


Has stooo seen your opinion here?


Why ask me? :dunno:
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 30453
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: The BBC's obsession with identity politics

Postby Cannydc » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:47 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:They're also really obsessed with Love Island which is odd because it's on ITV2, time was they would never mention shows on rival channels.

It must be pushing some sort of message they approve of.


That despite the seeming physical perfection and desirability of the contestants they have the same human frailties, fears and desires like anyone else?


I see what you mean....

Image
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 12167
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: The BBC's obsession with identity politics

Postby Punk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:49 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:They're also really obsessed with Love Island which is odd because it's on ITV2, time was they would never mention shows on rival channels.

It must be pushing some sort of message they approve of.


I take it you never watched Parkinson or Wogan. Both allowed stars to say that they are in a new show on ITV...
User avatar
Punk
 
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:10 pm
Location: Upper Sydenham

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests