WHAT WILL YOU STOCKPILE FOR POST-BREXIT ?

Re: WHAT WILL YOU STOCKPILE FOR POST-BREXIT ?

Postby Stooo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:10 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:Canny prepper.

Y2K all over again!


Sensible precautions, based on the fact that even the government are doing it.

And nothing will be wasted.



Apart from the oxygen you're wasting of course.
Seriously man, if the shelves are empty for more than 2 weeks, or People here that certain rich areas are getting supplies when poorer areas aren't. You will have civil unrest and those with guns will rule the kingdom. If rioting starts in your area canny you will be left to fend for yourself. Your best bet is to actually take off to thailand where your gold jewelry might actually buy you something.


Those with guns... :gigglesnshit:





I know right :pmsl: You let the government disarm you and their now the only ones (mainly) with weapons who can treat you however they want. You think their going to let you destroy the nicer areas of the country?
Look at the riots you had in st pauls and toxteth. They let you burn the places down for days and stood by and watched until one of the police was killed.
Then take the poll tax riots in london. Then charged at you on horseback. You think they will let you burn down Kensington?
Your area Torquay is now a haven for the unemployed and homeless Stooo, how many cops are stationed there? Don't expect police from the surrounding areas to come as back up. They will be protecting their own areas. There's simply not enough police to go around. And truth be told they don't give a shit about the layabouts anyway.
You will have gangs (More than there already are) out rustling livestock from isolated farmers. Your roads in and out of the area will be blocked by army or police. If you really think you need to hoard food then you must expect the worse and prepare for it. And having a firearm is worth a lot more than a pocket full of gold.


I didn't vote for this, blaming other people for your own mistakes is always a bad idea.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 84163
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: WHAT WILL YOU STOCKPILE FOR POST-BREXIT ?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:14 pm

We are heading for social unrest thanks to this government.
We are heading for shortages because governments don't start stockpiling food medicine and drugs lightly let alone make announcements about it.
The packets of microwave rice are best because it's already cooked.
A sensible stash should be scattered around abouts because all in one place means some mean bastard will take what you have.
This is the reality many many people are now preparing for.
The ones on here taking snipes laughing and taking the piss are the ones who won't be prepared.
Someone said about two years ago the best investment to make right now is food .... stashed.
Medicines.
Bog rolls.
foods.
Water.
Fuel.
How bad is it going to get?
Who knows but hopefully not worse than a great depression 1930's America style.
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 4627
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: WHAT WILL YOU STOCKPILE FOR POST-BREXIT ?

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:14 pm

Stooo wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:Canny prepper.

Y2K all over again!


Y2K was mitigated because of forward planning. Most systems were sorted out years before but the press smelled blood.

Meanwhile, many thousands of software engineers sorted out systems that were bound to fail after the start of the millennium. It didn't happen because people who knew what they were doing stopped it happening.




That's not true though is it stooo? Part of the y2k fear was that everything with a chip in it would stop working at midnight 1999.
My home computer still worked as did all my electronics. It all turned out to be a load of bollocks caused by the press. Just like the aliens landing in New jersey or war of the worlds as it's better known.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: WHAT WILL YOU STOCKPILE FOR POST-BREXIT ?

Postby McAz » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:20 pm

Y2K

Special committees were set up by governments to monitor remedial work and contingency planning, particularly by crucial infrastructures such as telecommunications, utilities and the like, to ensure that the most critical services had fixed their own problems and were prepared for problems with others. While some commentators and experts argued that the coverage of the problem largely amounted to scaremongering,[ it was only the safe passing of the main "event horizon" itself, 1 January 2000, that fully quelled public fears. (Wiki)
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 30446
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: WHAT WILL YOU STOCKPILE FOR POST-BREXIT ?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:20 pm

Trump is exacerbating the problems with his sanctions against everyone and his trade wars.
Trade with Iran you can't trade with America.
He just shit on and alienated all of western Europe who we are alienating ourselves from.
Russia just got more sanctions slapped on them.
America will soon be a closed shop cut off from the rest of the world.
Europe Russia Asia will trade together and fuck Trump and the Yanks.
Britain?
Were fucked because none of them will be the slightest bit interested in us and more than glad we walked away.
The world is about to go through some very strange times and those who can't see it .... best of luck.
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 4627
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: WHAT WILL YOU STOCKPILE FOR POST-BREXIT ?

Postby Stooo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:21 pm

Guest wrote: Part of the y2k fear was that everything with a chip in it would stop working at midnight 1999.


Yes, the fear.

The fact is that people who knew what they were doing mitigated the problem and stopped everything grinding to a halt. Y2K was not a false flag.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 84163
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: WHAT WILL YOU STOCKPILE FOR POST-BREXIT ?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:22 pm

You might not be remaining in your house.
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 4627
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: WHAT WILL YOU STOCKPILE FOR POST-BREXIT ?

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:26 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:You might not be remaining in your house.


Why? :dunno:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: WHAT WILL YOU STOCKPILE FOR POST-BREXIT ?

Postby Fletch » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:33 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Trump is exacerbating the problems with his sanctions against everyone and his trade wars.
Trade with Iran you can't trade with America.
He just shit on and alienated all of western Europe who we are alienating ourselves from.
Russia just got more sanctions slapped on them.
America will soon be a closed shop cut off from the rest of the world.
Europe Russia Asia will trade together and fuck Trump and the Yanks.
Britain?
Were fucked because none of them will be the slightest bit interested in us and more than glad we walked away.
The world is about to go through some very strange times and those who can't see it .... best of luck.


I see we joined the EU is upholding the law to block sanctions on Iran.

EU to block Trump’s Iran sanctions by activating old law
https://www.politico.eu/article/brussel ... on-friday/

I want to know who gave America jurisdiction over the rest of the world and trade within in it? :dunno:
User avatar
Fletch
 
Posts: 9554
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Re: WHAT WILL YOU STOCKPILE FOR POST-BREXIT ?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:36 pm

Fletch wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Trump is exacerbating the problems with his sanctions against everyone and his trade wars.
Trade with Iran you can't trade with America.
He just shit on and alienated all of western Europe who we are alienating ourselves from.
Russia just got more sanctions slapped on them.
America will soon be a closed shop cut off from the rest of the world.
Europe Russia Asia will trade together and fuck Trump and the Yanks.
Britain?
Were fucked because none of them will be the slightest bit interested in us and more than glad we walked away.
The world is about to go through some very strange times and those who can't see it .... best of luck.


I see we joined the EU is upholding the law to block sanctions on Iran.

EU to block Trump’s Iran sanctions by activating old law
https://www.politico.eu/article/brussel ... on-friday/

I want to know who gave America jurisdiction over the rest of the world and trade within in it? :dunno:

United States of Arrogance.
Economic warfare is their chosen method these days .... whilst preaching free trade of course.
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 4627
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: WHAT WILL YOU STOCKPILE FOR POST-BREXIT ?

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:43 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:We are heading for social unrest thanks to this government.
We are heading for shortages because governments don't start stockpiling food medicine and drugs lightly let alone make announcements about it.
The packets of microwave rice are best because it's already cooked.
A sensible stash should be scattered around abouts because all in one place means some mean bastard will take what you have.
This is the reality many many people are now preparing for.
The ones on here taking snipes laughing and taking the piss are the ones who won't be prepared.
Someone said about two years ago the best investment to make right now is food .... stashed.
Medicines.
Bog rolls.
foods.
Water.
Fuel.
How bad is it going to get?
Who knows but hopefully not worse than a great depression 1930's America style.


They government is deliberately playing dumb because they don't want to leave the EU, of course they have a plan really, we may not have an Empire anymore but we're not Somalia.

Don't panic Mr Wainwaring!

It's not going to be like Day of the Triffids or 28 Days Later :gigglesnshit:
Last edited by Ray of Sunshine on Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Ray of Sunshine
 
Posts: 3056
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: WHAT WILL YOU STOCKPILE FOR POST-BREXIT ?

Postby Fletch » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:43 pm

Somebody's not happy though.

HAS EUROPE BECOME AN IRANIAN TOOL TO CIRCUMVENT U.S. SANCTIONS?
Comment: Europe loses its moral compass… again

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Has-E ... ons-564288

Expect more war then. :roll:
User avatar
Fletch
 
Posts: 9554
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Re: WHAT WILL YOU STOCKPILE FOR POST-BREXIT ?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:47 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:We are heading for social unrest thanks to this government.
We are heading for shortages because governments don't start stockpiling food medicine and drugs lightly let alone make announcements about it.
The packets of microwave rice are best because it's already cooked.
A sensible stash should be scattered around abouts because all in one place means some mean bastard will take what you have.
This is the reality many many people are now preparing for.
The ones on here taking snipes laughing and taking the piss are the ones who won't be prepared.
Someone said about two years ago the best investment to make right now is food .... stashed.
Medicines.
Bog rolls.
foods.
Water.
Fuel.
How bad is it going to get?
Who knows but hopefully not worse than a great depression 1930's America style.


They government is deliberately playing dumb because they don't want to leave the EU, of course they have a plan really, we may not have an Empire anymore but we're not Somalia.

Don't panic Mr Wainwaring!

We can't feed ourselves and the harvest this year is looking disastrous.
Lots of cattle gone underweight to slaughter already because the farmers can't afford feed for them which is at a premium and climbing.
They are cutting their losses now because there is no way they will be able to afford winter feed.
A perfect storm is brewing.
We are leaving Europe but before we do a lot of people and corporations are getting out already.
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 4627
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: WHAT WILL YOU STOCKPILE FOR POST-BREXIT ?

Postby Fletch » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:48 pm

Brussels 'prepares a Brexit climbdown and is set to agree the UK can stay in the EU single market for goods without having to accept free movement'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ement.html

Source is not good but was that or express at this point in time. :oops:
User avatar
Fletch
 
Posts: 9554
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Re: WHAT WILL YOU STOCKPILE FOR POST-BREXIT ?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:49 pm

Of course some people are seeing full shelves blossoming fruit trees great harvest unicorns and fluffy clouds.
If they're right then us hoarders will have shit loads of rice and tinned fish to donate to the food banks.
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 4627
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests