Glyphosate Girl

Glyphosate Girl

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:58 am

Glyphosate is the active ingredient in roundup plant killer! The case she has been following for the past few months, sitting in the public gallery (Court occupation of public space is rented by? so shouldn't the people in the gallery receive fiscal reperations upon conclusion of diet proceedings?) taking notes and reporting in her blog.

The story starts with a guy properly equiped in safety gear recomended by monsanto. After some spilages and a visit to the doctor he learns the safty equipment recomended was insufficient protection. So proceded with court action against monsanto. Before a jury monsanto is found guilty, and the court awarded him 280 million dollars.

Doubt he will see a penny any time soon? They will be doing something along the lines of litigation? I would go straight to a (ach, people who claim possesion of peoples property?) and shut down the plant and confiscate all equipment till compensation is paid.

Still I don't get how one man can be awarded such an amount when the evidence showed that monsanto withheld information about the products dangers. There are so many people who should share in the awarded amount! I bet the lawyer will get paid. Doubt it will be from the compensation?
art0hur0moh

Re: Glyphosate Girl

Postby Cannydc » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:24 am

It will work just like the cigarette cancer claims - drag them on with appeal after appeal until the claimants die....
Cannydc

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:43 pm

Cannydc wrote:It will work just like the cigarette cancer claims - drag them on with appeal after appeal until the claimants die....

Balif, that's the word! Send in the balifs!

He should probably create a corporation in his own name. That way the compensation could be faught for long after his breath is departed.
art0hur0moh

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:20 pm

Aren't these cases usually judged by potential salary?

There's no way he would have earned that much even if he'd lived to 500!

It will be bargained down no doubt.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:30 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:Aren't these cases usually judged by potential salary?

There's no way he would have earned that much even if he'd lived to 500!

It will be bargained down no doubt.

I was thinking along similar lines. But it is what the court ordered, so :dunno:

I haven't actually read her blog. I just watched a few interviews about the procedings during the trial.
art0hur0moh

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs