So what should Labour stand for?

Re: So what should Labour stand for?

Postby MungoBrush » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:13 pm

Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Gigabit wrote:Labour still in the lead, the smears are not working...

How's that going to look after the big Labour split gigabit?

It doesn't change who the voters voted for in those constituencies you moron. If there was such a split then those MP's would be deselected before the next GE.

Looks like you're the moron
It wasn't me who is saying that Labour is about to split
It's John McDonnell.
MungoBrush

Postby MungoBrush » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:15 pm

Gigabit wrote:Labour MPs who don't support their democratically elected leader should either: quit the party; challenge for the leadership. Those are the only two options. Right now they are neither helping themselves nor the party.

I think re-selection before every election is a good thing as it means the candidates represent the party.

After the split, there will be 2 Labour parties:

One made up of moderates who are economically responsible and socially sensitive
And one made up of far left loonies with policies that have failed so many times in in so many countries.
MungoBrush

Postby Cannydc » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:27 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Gigabit wrote:Labour still in the lead, the smears are not working...

How's that going to look after the big Labour split gigabit?

It doesn't change who the voters voted for in those constituencies you moron. If there was such a split then those MP's would be deselected before the next GE.

Looks like you're the moron
It wasn't me who is saying that Labour is about to split
It's John McDonnell.

He said no such thing,

His tweet -

For anybody to use the issue of antisemitism as a cover for launching a new political party they had been planning for nearly two years would rightly be seen as an act of appalling cynicism, basely exploiting a genuine concern that people of goodwill are working hard to address.

In other words IF
it were to happen.......not when.

Dream on, Mungo, dream on.
Cannydc

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:31 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Gigabit wrote:Labour MPs who don't support their democratically elected leader should either: quit the party; challenge for the leadership. Those are the only two options. Right now they are neither helping themselves nor the party.

I think re-selection before every election is a good thing as it means the candidates represent the party.

After the split, there will be 2 Labour parties:

One made up of moderates who are economically responsible and socially sensitive

If they are economically responsible why have you always slagged them off for not being and not handling the 2008 crisis very well?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Gigabit » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:35 pm

They've been saying Labour was going to split for years. Will believe it when I see it and may well be a good thing if it means we get more representation.
Gigabit

Postby Gigabit » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:36 pm

Does economically responsible translate to supports austerity?
Gigabit

Postby Gigabit » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:46 pm

I don't know about anyone else but wreathgate has proved to me once and for all that I need never again give any credence to the negative stories that are being frantically dug up about Corbyn. I ought to have learnt my lesson after traingate and the Czech spy claims were proved to be cynical lies, but I must admit that the wreath smear did give me pause for thought.

Now that Corbyn has yet again been proved to have been telling the truth, I'll never again hesitate to take his word over that of his enemies (whether they be in the Labour Party, the Tories or the mainstream media). They have overplayed their hand and the cry wolf effect is now complete.

I doubt I'm the only one who feels this way.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t_90958393

Spot on post from DS. This is why the polls are not changing.
Gigabit

Postby Cannydc » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:07 pm

Gigabit wrote:
I don't know about anyone else but wreathgate has proved to me once and for all that I need never again give any credence to the negative stories that are being frantically dug up about Corbyn. I ought to have learnt my lesson after traingate and the Czech spy claims were proved to be cynical lies, but I must admit that the wreath smear did give me pause for thought.

Now that Corbyn has yet again been proved to have been telling the truth, I'll never again hesitate to take his word over that of his enemies (whether they be in the Labour Party, the Tories or the mainstream media). They have overplayed their hand and the cry wolf effect is now complete.

Here, here !!

Many of these 'stories' require but the tiniest amount of research to quash them. The fact that they STILL do the rounds simply reflects that they match the prejudices of the posters rather than any semblance of actual facts.
Cannydc

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:16 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Gigabit wrote:

Here, here !!

Many of these 'stories' require but the tiniest amount of research to quash them. The fact that they STILL do the rounds simply reflects that they match the prejudices of the posters rather than any semblance of actual facts.

Hear, hear!
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby MungoBrush » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:29 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Gigabit wrote:

Here, here !!

Well, you might not take them seriously, but John McDonnell and Chuka Umunna are.
MungoBrush

Postby Cannydc » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:21 pm

No, they really aren't.

These stories are spun for the likes of mugs and sheep who have preconceived ideas of what they want to believe.

That's you, it seems.
Cannydc

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:20 pm

What the Labour party should stand for before anything else is the urgent need to get this shower of shit out of office but what do we have?
Blairites try to undermine the party at every turn.
These people should be removed from the party.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:32 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:What the Labour party should stand for before anything else is the urgent need to get this shower of shit out of office but what do we have?

A ban on free thinking?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:34 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:What the Labour party should stand for before anything else is the urgent need to get this shower of shit out of office but what do we have?

Agreed.

There is too much at stake to continue down the line of Tory lite, and i used to be a Blairite but i now see the bigger picture. :wurms:

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:25 am

Could this happen again? :canny:

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs