Tory Scum

Re: Tory Scum

Postby Fletch » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:51 pm

Almost half of would-be Army soldiers are giving up on Capita's 'abysmal' online recruitment process, MPs say

Over 50 per cent of applications take ten months or longer to finish
During that time 47 per cent of applicants give up and just 14 per cent join

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... diers.html

More taxpayers money for private pockets and the service destroyed. :shake head:
Fletch

Postby MungoBrush » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:25 pm

Cannydc wrote:Bitter - but I really don't care.

Time for me to say "I'm all right, Jack".

You are lucky I'm alive to guide you Cannydc
My dad was a pow for 4 years
Many pow's died
My dad survived so that I could pass on his wisdom to people like you.
MungoBrush

Postby Cannydc » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:07 pm

MungoBrush wrote:

Many pow's died

So the advice would presumably be "Run away faster than they are advancing?"

Thanks for that. You can keep the rest of your worthless 'dodgy advice and inaccurate facts' for someone who still listens intently to PPI phonecalls - and that ain't me.
Cannydc

Postby MungoBrush » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:14 pm

Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

Many pow's died

Thanks for that. You can keep the rest of your worthless 'dodgy advice and inaccurate facts' for someone who still listens intently to PPI phonecalls - and that ain't me.

My dad didn't run away
He was captured on Crete
So that people like you can post your crap on places like this

You're the one that's running away
To a country run by a military dictatorship
Where dissidents are jailed

You should have more respect for people that sacrificed their lives so that people like you could live.
MungoBrush

Postby McAz » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:18 pm

MungoBrush wrote:My dad didn't run away
He was captured on Crete

When you next see him pass on my thanks. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby Cannydc » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:27 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

Many pow's died

My dad didn't run away
He was captured on Crete

You should have more respect for people that sacrificed their lives so that people like you could live.

1. You clearly stated that your dad did not lose his life.

2. Presumably he was captured because he didn't run away. Hence he would give the advice - run or be captured.

3. I trust you won't be joining the 750,000 UK citizens who visit Thailand every year, many returning annually. Good.

4. I think I repaid any debt I might have to the UK by serving for 23 years in the armed forces. How about you?
Cannydc

Postby LordRaven » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:17 pm

Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

Many pow's died

My dad didn't run away
He was captured on Crete

2. Presumably he was captured because he didn't run away. Hence he would give the advice - run or be captured.

3. I trust you won't be joining the 750,000 UK citizens who visit Thailand every year, many returning annually. Good.

4. I think I repaid any debt I might have to the UK by serving for 23 years in the armed forces. How about you?

Canny are you not aware that a rear party were ordered to stay and fight a rearguard action to allow the majority to evacuate on ships?

That aside my old man was a POW in Wales and I therefore served 12 years in the British Army to repay my debt to Britain.

23 years Canny? Good for you, the pension comes in handy doesn't it? :smilin:

I have recently applied for a war pension because of injuries sustained whilst serving that have now become a real bitch, chronic and bloody annoying.

No guarantees but friends are telling me I should have done it years ago.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:34 pm

Postby Cannydc » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:50 pm

"Canny are you not aware that a rear party were ordered to stay and fight a rearguard action to allow the majority to evacuate on ships?

That aside my old man was a POW in Wales and I therefore served 12 years in the British Army to repay my debt to Britain.

23 years Canny? Good for you, the pension comes in handy doesn't it? :smilin:

I have recently applied for a war pension because of injuries sustained whilst serving that have now become a real bitch, chronic and bloody annoying.

No guarantees but friends are telling me I should have done it years ago."

Yes it does, and good for you. My friend has similarly claimed - loss of hearing in his case. He has found the process straightforward, if a little drawn out. They are very fair.

I was talking to my dad today about the German and Italian POWs kept just 2 miles from his home. They were unguarded, and worked in the fields. They weren't bothered about escaping, and amazingly had an old lorry which they would pile onto on Saturdays to go to the pictures in King's Lynn. Dad (born 1931) left school at 12, and worked with them.
Cannydc

Postby MungoBrush » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:05 pm

Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

Many pow's died

My dad didn't run away
He was captured on Crete

1. That's obvious as my dad was rescued, came back to the UK, married my mum and subsequently I was born
2. You probably didn't know that Crete is an island - so there's nowhere to run to (btw 20,000 allied soldiers were taken prisoner that week)
3. I have visited Thailand many times and it's a beautiful country - and so are the women
4. Over my working life I have paid shit-loads of taxes that have contributed to your salary and your pension.

Other points:
5. I have the greatest respect for those that serve in the military in whatever capacity - including you, in spite of your misguided political beliefs
6. In Thailand - as a "farang" you are not allowed to buy property, so you will need to give that £100,000 to your wife whom you don't seem to talk to. Good luck with that.
MungoBrush

Postby Fletch » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:46 pm

The shame of it! UK’s failure to back UN investigation into Israel’s shoot-to-kill-or-cripple policy in Gaza
17th March 2019

The UK failed to back a UN investigation into Israel’s shoot-to-kill-or-cripple policy against Gaza’s caged civilians. Will the Foreign Office also fail to adopt its findings?

Open letter to Alister Jack, MP for Dumfries and Galloway
cc: Jeremy Hunt MP, Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs

Dear Alister,

Here’s something to take your mind off Brexit.

You’ll have heard of Dr Swee Ang. She is the first female Orthopaedic Consultant appointed to St Bartholomew (‘Barts’) and the Royal London Hospitals.

In the 1980s and 1990s Dr Swee worked as trauma and orthopaedics consultant in the refugee camps of Lebanon and later for the United Nations in Gaza, and the World Health Organisation in the West Bank and Gaza. She is Founder and Patron of the British charity Medical Aid for Palestinians (MAP).

She also treated the victims of the Pakistan (Kashmir) earthquake, and as consultant trauma and orthopaedic surgeon operated on and looked after the victims of the 7 July 2005 suicide bombing at the Royal London Hospital.

Dr Swee is co-author of War Surgery and Acute Care of the War Wounded; she also wrote From Beirut to Jerusalem documenting her experience in the Palestinian refugee camps in Lebanon and Gaza.

Last summer she was aboard the ship Al-Awdasailing to Gaza with urgently needed medical supplies when the vessel was violently assaulted and hijacked in international waters by our so-called friend and ally which, we’re repeatedly told, shares our values and whose enemies are our enemies. The Al-Awdawas dragged to an Israeli port and her passengers and crew were roughed up (some seriously injured) and abused, thrown in an Israeli jail and had their possessions and money stolen. The precious cargo, as far as we can ascertain, never reached the desperate wounded.

Dr Swee has just emailed:

The UN Commission for Human Rights will be concluding its investigation on the shooting of thousands of Palestinian civilians demonstrating within the borders of Gaza. At least 189 were killed (more now) and thousands shot with live ammunitions – with loss of limbs and still needing multiple surgeries if they were to keep their legs and arms. It is estimated that with conventional limb salvaging surgeries at least £39 million has to be found to prevent further amputations (figures put out by MAP).

Last year the UK abstained from supporting the UN conducting such an investigation. However, it went ahead and I was fortunate enough to attend the meeting at Amnesty International two days ago to hear the personal testimonies of Dr Tarek Loubani who was shot on 14 May 2018, and Dr Mahmoud Matar the head of the Limb Reconstruction Service in Gaza. They will be testifying to the UN Commissioner coming Monday in Geneva. There is an urgent request for us to write to Jeremy Hunt [UK foreign secretary] with copy to our local MP asking the UK government to adopt the findings and recommendations of the UN Commissioner for Human Rights. In fact the concern is that UK might vote against it since last year we abstained.

Please do so urgently. This is something we all can do. Email for Jeremy Hunt is:

jeremy.hunt@fco.gov.uk

Even if you are not a UK national but are Palestinians you have the right to email him on behalf of your people. Please also ask your friends to support the UN Commissioner for Human Rights.

Thank you all and God bless, Swee.

(article includes details of atrocities and then says)

Despite all that, Theresa May and Boris Johnson (foreign secretary at the time) still couldn’t bring themselves to back the UN resolution.

https://www.redressonline.com/2019/03/t ... y-in-gaza/
Fletch

Postby Cannydc » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:25 pm

" In Thailand - as a "farang" you are not allowed to buy property, so you will need to give that £100,000 to your wife"

Actually, another small error there.

It's land that foreigners aren't allowed to own in Thailand.

You can therefore buy and own a flat, but it must be in partnership with a Thai national (in my case, my wife)
Cannydc

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:09 am

Tory MPs vow to quit party if Boris Johnson becomes leader

With many MPs convinced that PM’s days are numbered some are saying they will not stay in party run by ‘Brexit ultras’

Conservative MPs are orchestrating against a potential leadership campaign by Boris Johnson, with several talking of resigning the whip if he were to become party leader.

With Tories convinced that Theresa May’s days in No 10 are numbered, MPs are feverishly discussing who will seek to replace her, how organised the teams are and whether a general election would be necessary.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... UwJN49InDA
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:10 am

These are all the MPs who voted for a cruel cap on free school meals from low income families unless it’s Northern Ireland
https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/ ... R589NSbE4A
Rolluplostinspace

Postby MungoBrush » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:03 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:These are all the MPs who voted for a cruel cap on free school meals from low income families unless it’s Northern Ireland
https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/ ... R589NSbE4A

That's a year old.
Got anything new worth reading?
MungoBrush

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs