Tory Scum

Re: Tory Scum

Postby MungoBrush » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:04 pm

Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Fletch wrote:Controversy over government's ‘revolving door’ is reignited as it's revealed new Health Minister worked for firm trying to win NHS contracts

What is your problem with trying to win an NHS contract?
Don't you think that it's OK for the NHS to have contracts for:

Electricity supply
Car Park parking enforcement
Pens and pencils and notepads
Emergency vehicles and maintenance
Supply of bandages
Canteen services
Laundry of sheets and towels

etc etc

Don't be a public pratt.

Interesting that you missed Cleaning off your list. In fact, the basic business model is that a company puts in what it hopes is the lowest priced bid, and with a nodding acceptance that there has to be some form of quality control.

The result of this process was a major decline in the "public sector ethos. A direct link between infection rates and outsourcing may be hard to establish, but the pressure to reduce costs created a fractured workplace; one where well-paid professionals rub shoulders with an increasingly casualised part-time and precarious work force.

Cleaning became very low paid. Contracting out pushes wages down, creates a high turnover of staff and problems with general recruitment. Other processes that result from outsourcing - particularly the pressure on time and the focus on specific tasks - also lead to a very fragmented way of delivering the cleaning service.

Before cleaning services were outsourced, the cleaners would have taken more time, talked to nurses, chatted to patients, and there would have been a much greater degree of teamwork in the ward and hospital."

In Scotland and Wales, this kind of advice was heeded. After a number of bad experiences, the devolved governments of Scotland, Wales and Northern Island all abandoned outsourcing their cleaning services. But, in England, the process has continued with gusto.

The same applies to catering, where we now see half a sandwich supposedly comprising a full meal.

One thing I would recommend is centralised contract buying for use-once stores (your pens, pencils, bandages etc) because prices can be driven way down with huge bulk buys. The same procedures are now being introduced by the MOD. This may also work for power supplies, laundry and vehicle maintenance.

FYI, tendering for government contracts is a very tightly controlled process
From working on bids for government contracts in world-wide operations, I can confirm that almost the same process applies in the UK, China, Australasia and probably every where else.

You would recommend centralised buying?
Congratulations - discovery of the century
You should advise the Home Office and make sure they amend the government procurement processes.
MungoBrush

Postby McAz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:10 pm

Dungo's trying to teach you your job now, Canny. :pmsl:
McAz

Postby MungoBrush » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:31 pm

McAz wrote:Dungo's trying to teach you your job now, Canny. :pmsl:

You prat
Obviously you know nothing
Here's a start if you actually want to learn anything at all:

"Guidance
Public procurement policy
Directives, regulations, policies and guidance relating to the procurement of supplies, services and works for the public sector."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/public-sect ... ent-policy
MungoBrush

Postby Cannydc » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:33 pm

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

My last procurement was for £75m, for 3 items for use by the British Army.

I'd been project manager for many more procurements before that - perhaps Bongo didn't know.
Cannydc

Postby McAz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:34 pm

MungoBrush wrote:

You prat
Obviously you know nothing
Here's a start if you actually want to learn anything at all:

"Guidance
Public procurement policy
Directives, regulations, policies and guidance relating to the procurement of supplies, services and works for the public sector."

Ah, the small suit with an even smaller man inside can speak after all. :roll:

I'll leave Canny to apprise you of his role in MoD. :thumbsup:
Last edited by McAz on Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McAz

Postby McAz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:37 pm

Cannydc wrote:

I'd been project manager for many more procurements before that - perhaps Bongo didn't know.

Drongo never gets it right - and he tries so very very hard. :pmsl:
McAz

Postby Cannydc » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:41 pm

Bongo said

"You should advise the Home Office and make sure they amend the government procurement processes."

No need - as per my post, they are already starting up these new procurement procedures. But thanks for the advice.

http://www.metasums.co.uk/uploads/asset ... _final.pdf
Cannydc

Postby McAz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:41 pm

:pmsl:

A cheap PGCE and they think they're a genius.
McAz

Postby MungoBrush » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:44 pm

Cannydc wrote:

I didn't know that
But I have also worked on procurement for the military
You didn't know that either
In my case I worked for a defence contractor on a proposal to supply battlefield shelters.
All the rest is classified of course.

But that doesn't matter of course
Government procurement contracts are managed exactly as I said.

By the way - you and your little tag-team mate McAz - do you think that it's clever to continually mis-spell my member name?
Do you think it's smart?
Do you think it's funny?
Do you think that it annoys me?
Just wondering why you would continuously do it because it just reinforces to everyone what twats you both are.
MungoBrush

Postby McAz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:45 pm

:rofl:

Please, no more, Bungle.
McAz

Postby Cannydc » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:53 pm

"Government procurement contracts are managed exactly as I said."

Not any more. Just some of them.... as I said. And I only left a few months ago.

Procurement for what we describe as C Class (consumables) are to be purchased through a central contracting agency, on behalf of all government departments. Until recently all departments ran individual procurements using their own CDEL budgets. Some still do, but not for long.
Cannydc

Postby MungoBrush » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:01 pm

Cannydc wrote:"Government procurement contracts are managed exactly as I said."

Not any more. Just some of them.... as I said. And I only left a few months ago.

Procurement for what we describe as C Class (consumables) are to be purchased through a central contracting agency, on behalf of all government departments. Until recently all departments ran individual procurements using their own CDEL budgets. Some still do, but not for long.

Did you actually read that white paper
One of the major problems with the current system was the underperformance of MoD Project Managers

That's you Canndc - an underperformer - causing problems.
That's why they are changing the system.
MungoBrush

Postby McAz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:02 pm

Were you PV'd, Mongo?
McAz

Postby Cannydc » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:15 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:"Government procurement contracts are managed exactly as I said."

Did you actually read that white paper
One of the major problems with the current system was the underperformance of MoD Project Managers

That's you Canndc - an underperformer - causing problems.
That's why they are changing the system.

Of course I read it - and it was published before I started procurement work at Abbey Wood. Sadly, it was also disingenuous, failing to recognise that procurement efficiency was hamstrung by several factors outside our control- especially with the MOD. The timings for gathering tenders etc. were set in stone, and we stuck to the laid down procedures but having given out specifications and received tenders a new in post general / admiral / RAF brass would come in and demand extra bells and whistles. So we would start again.....Then the contractor tried to change the prices, or dropped the contract because they had deliberately 'bid cheap'.
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:01 pm

The rules we worked to.

Note - if Brexit happens, people with purchasing delegation will be much more free to offer contracts to their mates for kickbacks. Most procurement rules are EU wide. Which is one good reason so many Tories are pro-Brexit.

Cannydc

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs