Make it so! Goodbye Labour!!!

Make it so! Goodbye Labour!!!

Postby LordRaven » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:41 am

Sir Patrick Stewart breaks with Labour after 73 years over Jeremy Corbyn :yikes:
Sir Patrick Stewart says he probably won’t vote Labour again because of the direction Jeremy Corbyn has taken the party.
The Star Trek legend has been a Labour supporter since 1945 when he was 5 years old.
But now he says he finds it “difficult to understand what Labour really stands for or what it represents right now. It doesn’t feel like my party any more.”

He told the New European he could not vote for the party so long as it supports Brexit.
And he questioned Corbyn’s motives for backing our exit from the EU.
He said: “I am not a politician and I am not a strategist, but I have a suspicion Jeremy believes a disastrous Brexit would benefit him politically, and, in all the chaos and confusion that would occur after the policy is implemented – in either a hard or a soft way, I might add – he sees himself taking power. It seems to me to be just plain wrong to play with the country’s future in this way.
“What Jeremy doesn’t appear to understand is that it would be the easiest thing in the world to attack the government on Brexit and to oppose it at every turn and to tear apart their arguments and expose it for what it is.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/s ... spartandhp
Jeremy Bin Lyin' seems to be losing support.
LordRaven
Twat.

Re: Make it so! Goodbye Labour!!!

Postby MAY'S drawers » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:26 am

as a former life long Labour supporter I will never vote for them as long as that bewildered little communist is in charge. last year I was forced to vote Tory for the first time and could feel my father turn in his grave! gone are the days when I will be a life long voter of any party.....each vote will be delivered on policy at the time and who I trust more.
MAY'S drawers

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:55 am

The great actor duly spoke up for Jeremy Corbyn when he was elected leader and backed him at the last election, even if, in private, he was becoming, in common with a great many Labour members, frustrated and angry over his position on Brexit.

Still, Sir Patrick admits he was looking forward to seeing what Corbyn was like when, a few weeks ago, he got his first chance to meet him. He had hoped, even, to bend his ear on the issue he cares so much about. “He was talking to a group of my friends after a theatre performance and I wandered up to join them. Jeremy’s eye caught mine and he said ‘oh you’re looking very well’, and I made some light-hearted riposte along the lines of ‘you can’t judge a book by its cover’.

“For some inexplicable reason, this annoyed him, and he shot back ‘you know, Patrick, you could just have said ‘thank you’ instead of making a joke out of it.” I couldn’t understand how he could take offence at such an utterly innocuous remark, and no one else could, and it made for rather an awkward silence. I just thought ‘oh well, I tried’, and, after a suitable interval, I discreetly headed off home.”

The encounter symbolises the unhappy stage that Sir Patrick has come to in his relationship with a party that he has believed in passionately all his life. I ask him if he will be voting Labour again, and, after a long pause, he says, in a quiet and sad voice, probably not – so long as it supports Brexit and seems unable to deal swiftly and decisively with obvious evils such as anti-Semitism.

“If I didn't vote Labour, I would probably turn to the Green Party. I certainly agree with their positions on Brexit and climate change. To be perfectly honest, I find it difficult to understand what Labour really stands for or what it represents right now. It doesn’t feel like my party any more.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-5653286

:gigglesnshit: Just a bit of a hissy fit!

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:22 am

He should move to Brighton Pavillion (really nice)!

The Greens are strong there, so make it so? :pmsl:

Postby Cannydc » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:34 am

Ahhh - memories of those 'celebs' who swore they would leave the UK if Blair and Labour got in.

And then realised that work, and what little 'fame' they enjoyed was here...

Suddenly, leaving didn't seem such a good idea - so they didn't.
Cannydc

Postby Missy Meg » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:22 pm

As a lifelong Conservative party supporter I must admit that Jeremy Corbyn has been a breath of fresh air since he came on the scene. For this reason I have decided, for the first time in my life, to vote Labour at the next election. This country needs more patriots like Corbyn and less traitors like Mogg who hide their money in foreign countries and don't pay their share of taxes.
Missy Meg

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:52 pm

Missy Meg wrote:As a lifelong Conservative party supporter I must admit that Jeremy Corbyn has been a breath of fresh air since he came on the scene. For this reason I have decided, for the first time in my life, to vote Labour at the next election. This country needs more patriots like Corbyn and less traitors like Mogg who hide their money in foreign countries and don't pay their share of taxes.

:shell:

So you've taken up anti-Semitism and supporting terror. Are you sure you are being truthful with us? :gigglesnshit:

Job centres open. Record number of jobs available. Off you pop.

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:08 pm

Guest wrote:
Missy Meg wrote:As a lifelong Conservative party supporter I must admit that Jeremy Corbyn has been a breath of fresh air since he came on the scene. For this reason I have decided, for the first time in my life, to vote Labour at the next election. This country needs more patriots like Corbyn and less traitors like Mogg who hide their money in foreign countries and don't pay their share of taxes.

:shell:

So you've taken up anti-Semitism and supporting terror. Are you sure you are being truthful with us? :gigglesnshit:

Job centres open. Record number of jobs available. Off you pop.

Postby Wilson » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:28 pm

LordRaven wrote:Sir Patrick Stewart breaks with Labour after 73 years over Jeremy Corbyn :yikes:
Sir Patrick Stewart says he probably won’t vote Labour again because of the direction Jeremy Corbyn has taken the party.
The Star Trek legend has been a Labour supporter since 1945 when he was 5 years old.
But now he says he finds it “difficult to understand what Labour really stands for or what it represents right now. It doesn’t feel like my party any more.”

He told the New European he could not vote for the party so long as it supports Brexit.
He said: “I am not a politician and I am not a strategist, but I have a suspicion Jeremy believes a disastrous Brexit would benefit him politically, and, in all the chaos and confusion that would occur after the policy is implemented – in either a hard or a soft way, I might add – he sees himself taking power. It seems to me to be just plain wrong to play with the country’s future in this way.
“What Jeremy doesn’t appear to understand is that it would be the easiest thing in the world to attack the government on Brexit and to oppose it at every turn and to tear apart their arguments and expose it for what it is.

Is this new or from The New European interview he did last month which he claimed had been misinterpreted?
Wilson

Postby Wilson » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:40 pm

If he's genuinely not going to vote Labour, whichever box he does decide to ❎ at the polling station will be a vote for a hard Tory Brexit.
Wilson

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:50 pm

Wilson wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Sir Patrick Stewart breaks with Labour after 73 years over Jeremy Corbyn :yikes:

Is this new or from The New European interview he did last month which he claimed had been misinterpreted?

That's all made up shit and nothing like what he said to the New European.

Postby LordRaven » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:19 pm

MAY'S drawers wrote:as a former life long Labour supporter I will never vote for them as long as that bewildered little communist is in charge. last year I was forced to vote Tory for the first time and could feel my father turn in his grave! gone are the days when I will be a life long voter of any party.....each vote will be delivered on policy at the time and who I trust more.
:gigglesnshit:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:21 pm

Cannydc wrote:Ahhh - memories of those 'celebs' who swore they would leave the UK if Blair and Labour got in.

Says the man who often quoted New Labour as not being Labour and who denounced their policies?
Make your mind up please!
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:22 pm

Wilson wrote:If he's genuinely not going to vote Labour, whichever box he does decide to ❎ at the polling station will be a vote for a hard Tory Brexit.

Brexit is truly nuts!!!
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Cannydc » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:04 am

LordRaven wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Ahhh - memories of those 'celebs' who swore they would leave the UK if Blair and Labour got in.

Says the man who often quoted New Labour as not being Labour and who denounced their policies?
Make your mind up please!

Absolutely the wrong person.

I have defended Blair on here as the person who made Labour electable, and provided at least some Labour policies (min wage, childcare, maternity leave etc). Tory lite possibly, but better that than Hague or Howard the Pregnant Woman Shackler....
Cannydc

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs