Brexit Satire

Big Threads

Re: Brexit Satire

Postby jra » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:16 pm

Cannydc wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Corbyn is bound by party policy, so he can say whatever he likes, it matters not. Labour with Tory rebels will vote down Treeza's 'deal' and the result will either be a 'People's Vote' or a GE. Either way, Brexit is dead in the water.

Oh I wish it were that simple.

Brexit is already dead, to all intents and purposes. Only the fanatic leavers and the dreadfully ill informed think otherwise.

I don't suppose the taxpayers will get a monetary refund for a 'waste of time' referendum. Didn't think so.

There's no point in having a referendum if one doesn't act on the results and instead water it down so much it doesn't really make mach of a difference.
jra

Postby McAz » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:28 pm

jra wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Corbyn is bound by party policy, so he can say whatever he likes, it matters not. Labour with Tory rebels will vote down Treeza's 'deal' and the result will either be a 'People's Vote' or a GE. Either way, Brexit is dead in the water.

Brexit is already dead, to all intents and purposes. Only the fanatic leavers and the dreadfully ill informed think otherwise.

I don't suppose the taxpayers will get a monetary refund for a 'waste of time' referendum. Didn't think so.

There's no point in having a referendum if one doesn't act on the results and instead water it down so much it doesn't really make mach of a difference.

The advisory referendum simply asked whether or not we should leave the EU, not how we should leave it. Anyone with half a brain knew it was bollox from the start.
McAz

Postby jra » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:40 pm

McAz wrote:
jra wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

The advisory referendum simply asked whether or not we should leave the EU, not how we should leave it. Anyone with half a brain knew it was bollox from the start.

Only because the politicians from both sides have made it so to suit their agendas.

You can make this very simple.

We the UK have voted to leave the EU. We revoke all previous treaties, other than clauses relating to trading agreements and arrangements.

Signed: (the EU).

Signed (the UK).

Job done.

Any border and other bureaucracy can be dealt with later, but in intervening time we're gone/out.

Politics is a bit like selling and buying houses. A fairly simple exercise, but made over complicated by the likes of lawyers, solicitors and estate agents for their own gain.

Tbh, I expect most of the general population just don't care anymore. Just make a decision one way or the other and hurry up. People are just getting bored shitless with the endless negotiations.
Last edited by jra on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jra

Postby MungoBrush » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:41 pm

jra wrote:I don't suppose the taxpayers will get a monetary refund for a 'waste of time' referendum. Didn't think so.

Just to refresh everyone's memory:
There was a General Election
The IN/OUT EU referendum was in the Conservative Party manifesto
Conservatives were elected to government with an INCREASED MAJORITY
Conservative government honoured an election promise.

People voted to hold the referendum
Why would they be entitled to get their money back because that don't like the outcome?
MungoBrush

Postby McAz » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:42 pm

jra wrote:Only because the politicians from both sides have made it so to suit their agendas.

We the UK have voted to leave the EU. We revoke all previous treaties, other than clauses relating to trading agreements and arrangements.

Signed (the UK).

Job done.

Any border and other bureaucracy can be dealt with later, but in intervening time we're gone/out.

Politics is a bit like selling and buying houses. A fairly simple exercise, but made over complicated by the likes of lawyers, solicitors and estate agents for their own gain.

In your weird world that might work. In the real one however... :gigglesnshit:
McAz

Postby jra » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:46 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
jra wrote:I don't suppose the taxpayers will get a monetary refund for a 'waste of time' referendum. Didn't think so.

Just to refresh everyone's memory:
There was a General Election
The IN/OUT EU referendum was in the Conservative Party manifesto
Conservatives were elected to government with an INCREASED MAJORITY
Conservative government honoured an election promise.

People voted to hold the referendum
Why would they be entitled to get their money back because that don't like the outcome?

McAz wrote:
jra wrote:Only because the politicians from both sides have made it so to suit their agendas.

Signed (the UK).

Job done.

In your weird world that might work. In the real one however... :gigglesnshit:

Read the thread title. Both of you.
jra

Postby wutang » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:05 pm

MungoBrush wrote:Conservatives were elected to government with an INCREASED MAJORITY

Not sure what alternative dimension you are in but last year the Tories LOST their majority from 2015
wutang

Postby Stooo » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:57 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:I am dreading our departure.

This should scare the shit out of you then

I like the author of that piece, he is someone I feel I could trust, and I think he is spot on in what he has said there.

Interesting that he went off onto totally unrelated tube rage, I have seen a few cases myself recently. Did you experience any from Ruislip Manor into town and back?

It looked like it for a while on the way back. A bloke and his wife were across from me and had a few B2B stickers on and I was sitting alongside in my Lib Dem shirt with a gammon looking chap alongside me, late 50's, red face, a bit portly and in a suit. He leaned over to the Metropolitan Elite across from me and asked them what they thought of the speeches and how much his feet hurt; smiles all round! :mrgreen:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:04 pm

My girlfriend lived at 55 Torringron Rd, Ruislip Manor. Mind, that was in 1971... :whistle:
Cannydc

Postby LordRaven » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:13 pm

Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:

I like the author of that piece, he is someone I feel I could trust, and I think he is spot on in what he has said there.

Interesting that he went off onto totally unrelated tube rage, I have seen a few cases myself recently. Did you experience any from Ruislip Manor into town and back?

It looked like it for a while on the way back. A bloke and his wife were across from me and had a few B2B stickers on and I was sitting alongside in my Lib Dem shirt with a gammon looking chap alongside me, late 50's, red face, a bit portly and in a suit. He leaned over to the Metropolitan Elite across from me and asked them what they thought of the speeches and how much his feet hurt; smiles all round! :mrgreen:

It sounds as though you had a good day out, and made a wise move taking the Met Line with nice new carriages (I assume)rather than the cramped dated stuffy Piccadilly line?
Overall I would say cases of rage on the tube have increased since Brexit without doubt, a small indicator of the overall general diversive aspect of this insane ridiculous process.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:15 pm

Cannydc wrote:My girlfriend lived at 55 Torringron Rd, Ruislip Manor. Mind, that was in 1971... :whistle:

You old dog you! :mrgreen:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Cannydc » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:23 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Cannydc wrote:My girlfriend lived at 55 Torringron Rd, Ruislip Manor. Mind, that was in 1971... :whistle:

:more beer: Those really were the days.

I stayed at her house while appearing at the Royal Albert Hall Festival of Remembrance. (Bit part only, but stood in the middle and got covered in the falling poppies)
Cannydc

Postby LordRaven » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:28 pm

Cannydc wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

:more beer: Those really were the days.

I stayed at her house while appearing at the Royal Albert Hall Festival of Remembrance. (Bit part only, but stood in the middle and got covered in the falling poppies)

Memories hey! :more beer:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:29 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:

It sounds as though you had a good day out, and made a wise move taking the Met Line with nice new carriages (I assume)rather than the cramped dated stuffy Piccadilly line?
Overall I would say cases of rage on the tube have increased since Brexit without doubt, a small indicator of the overall general diversive aspect of this insane ridiculous process.

Piccadilly. I usually zone out on the rattler anyway.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:39 pm

The smelly stuffy line
LordRaven
Twat.

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive