Corbyn - The most racist UK politician since Enoch Powell

Re: Corbyn - The most racist UK politician since Enoch Powell

Postby Cannydc » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:20 pm

Most UK Jews know that Labour members aren't anti-Semitic.

Some UK Jews, driven by their own dogmatic approach, are precious about criticism about the state of Israel.

IMHO, they are the problem here, not the Labour party.
Cannydc

Postby Chief Rabbit » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:20 pm

Cannydc wrote:Most UK Jews know that Labour members aren't anti-Semitic.

Some UK Jews, driven by their own dogmatic approach, are precious about criticism about the state of Israel.

Blame the victims why don’t you!
Chief Rabbit

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:28 pm

Chief Rabbit wrote:

RW Jews are like all of the other RW. Complete and utter moronic selfish scum.

Postby Cannydc » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:19 pm

Chief Rabbit wrote:

Victims of what, exactly ?

The threat of criticism of Israel ?

If so, they are deserved recipients of the description 'snowflakes'.
Cannydc

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:17 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Islam is a religion. Israel is a country. Why is criticising a country now considered racist?

I didn't say criticising a country was racist. However, criticising a religion (islam) isn't racist either, but many who do criticise it, are labelled racists. Something you've done many times yourself. For example, in a discussion about the Manchester bombing, you were labelling those showing concern as 'unemployed racists'. So you're hardly in a position to be judgemental over what is and what isn't racism.

This is about anti-Semitism V Islamophobia. Those who are negative about muslims are labelled 'islamophobic' (and wrongly 'racist'). Those who are negative about jews are labelled 'anti-Semitic' (and also wrongly racist). However, those being negative about jews want a special 'free speech clause' so they aren't called nasty names. :gigglesnshit:

I didn’t say you said it. It’s what this whole debacle is about. Corbyn wants to be able to criticise what the Israeli govt are doing without being labelled anti-Semitic.
I’ve never said someone’s racist for criticising Islam, I’ve criticised aspects of it myself. Where do you dream up these scenarios? You’re obsessed with Islam, this thread is about anti semitism but you’re still concerned that someone somewhere has spotted that you have some dubious views about different races and are trying to cover up for it in this thread by throwing around false accusations.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:33 pm

LordRaven wrote:This business is not going away anytime soon.

These tensions are played out in debates on Israel and Zionism, where the imperatives of postcolonial anti-racism and the politics of anti-Semitism collide.

Labour’s association with Zionism is longstanding. At the time of the Six Day War in 1967, two-thirds of the Parliamentary Labour Party was enrolled in Labour Friends of Israel. Ostensibly, Labour still supports a two state solution. But the election of Corbyn as leader has thrown this legacy into question.

For the first time in its history, the party is led by a committed supporter of the Palestinian cause. This is not only a matter of foreign policy. The vast majority of British Jews identify with Israel constituted as a Jewish state. Commitment to the politics of anti-Zionism is equally strong for many on the Labour Left.

This makes for painful viewing. Anti-racist and Jewish mainstream concerns are seen as incompatible. Jews say they are the canary in the coalmine; but others have decided that the canary’s vulnerability has nothing to do with their own. Too often the feeling appears mutual. The personal connections and institutional alliances that would create a consistent anti-racist practice have been in short supply.
https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/corbyn- ... -1.6451772

An interesting article. Thanks for posting it.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:40 pm

Confirmation. Well done for coming out.

Postby Red Okktober » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:23 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:I didn’t say you said it. It’s what this whole debacle is about. Corbyn wants to be able to criticise what the Israeli govt are doing without being labelled anti-Semitic.
I’ve never said someone’s racist for criticising Islam, I’ve criticised aspects of it myself. Where do you dream up these scenarios? You’re obsessed with Islam, this thread is about anti semitism but you’re still concerned that someone somewhere has spotted that you have some dubious views about different races and are trying to cover up for it in this thread by throwing around false accusations.

The relevance is that those on the left tend to belong to the 'everything is racist' crowd, something that commonly manifests itself in accusations of islamophobia, whenever anything negative is said about islam. Now those same people are banging on about a 'free speech clause' so they can have a pop at Jews without being thought of as anti-Semitic or racist themselves. If you're unable to see the double standards in that, that's your misfortune.

False accusations? LoL. In a discussion about the Manchester Ariana Grande concert bombing, you were accusing people of being 'paranoid unemployed racists'
Red Okktober

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:29 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:I didn’t say you said it. It’s what this whole debacle is about. Corbyn wants to be able to criticise what the Israeli govt are doing without being labelled anti-Semitic.

The relevance is that those on the left tend to belong to the 'everything is racist' crowd, something that commonly manifests itself in accusations of islamophobia, whenever anything negative is said about islam. Now those same people are banging on about a 'free speech clause' so they can have a pop at Jews without being thought of as anti-Semitic or racist themselves. If you're unable to see the double standards in that, that's your misfortune.

False accusations? LoL. In a discussion about the Manchester Ariana Grande concert bombing, you were accusing people of being 'paranoid unemployed racists'

Your generalisations about the left are a bit lame Red. Can you be more specific, link me to the thread where I said that.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:33 pm

Red Okktober wrote:

Tories say that there is Islamophobia in the party!

Islamophobia 'very widespread' in Conservative Party, says Baroness Warsi

The "poison" of Islamophobia is "very widespread" in the Conservative Party but is being “ignored” by Tory leaders, a former co-chair of the party has said.

Baroness Warsi said the problem was present at all levels of her party and claimed some of the Tories’ own campaigns had included anti-Muslim messages.

It follows calls for an investigation into Islamophobia in the party after a series of Conservative politicians were found to have made or shared offensive comments about Muslims.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 94271.html

:yikes: :pointlaugh:

Postby Fletch » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:36 pm

Red Okktober wrote:

I asked you further back how the clause was worded but you may have missed it.

Does it say 'anyone is free to have a go at Jews'?

What is the wording?
Fletch

Postby Red Okktober » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:06 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:

Your generalisations about the left are a bit lame Red. Can you be more specific, link me to the thread where I said that.

Here you go - people were being told to be vigilant, and someone reported a nervous-acting hijab wearer shortly before the bomb went off. You said it was a paranoid racist. You went on to question my employment, as apparently 'unemployed people need something to hate' LoL

You were fucking hilarious in that thread

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=44330&p=1304165&hilit=paranoid+racists&sid=302d6425afff80d41ff024d71e0cb593#p1304171

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=44330&hilit=paranoid+racists&start=120#p1304761
Red Okktober

Postby Red Okktober » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:09 pm

Fletch wrote:I asked you further back how the clause was worded but you may have missed it.

What is the wording?

You're possibly the worst anti-Semitic in forumland, and I have no intention of going round in circles and splitting hairs with you, as you are prone to do.

That a 'free speech clause' has even been suggested, is enough to highlight the double standards of the left.
Red Okktober

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:36 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Fletch wrote:I asked you further back how the clause was worded but you may have missed it.

What is the wording?

You're possibly the worst anti-Semitic in forumland, and I have no intention of going round in circles and splitting hairs with you, as you are prone to do.

That a 'free speech clause' has even been suggested, is enough to highlight the double standards of the left.

It isn't anti Semitic to talk about the Palestinians and their right to a separate state though. :roll:

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:47 pm

Red Okktober wrote:

What is the wording?

I agree with the controls on Palestinians being prevented from entering Tel Aviv due the previous terror attacks and having visited there, it's virtually crime free, women can walk around there late at night without fears of attack and it's very safe for other minorities as well like trans etc...

I'm allowed to say that! :roll:

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs