Grandad with brain tumour blasts benefits assessor after 'be

Grandad with brain tumour blasts benefits assessor after 'be

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:18 pm

A grandad with a brain tumour says he was asked to stand on his head during a benefits assessment just weeks after his diagnosis.

Jim Wright was being assessed at his Falkirk home for Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
disability benefit when he claims the assessor made the request – which was later passed off as a “joke”.

The 60-year-old self-employed courier and wife Katrina said they were stunned by the gaffe and have complained to the Department for Work and Pensions and Independent Assessment Services, who carry out the fitness-to-work tests.

Jim is considering legal action over how his case was handled – and is still awaiting a decision on whether he will receive the benefit.

He said: “A female PIP assessor came out to see me in my home as a result of my diagnosis.

“I was nervous about it. She said, ‘I’m going to ask you to do some exercises now. So could you do a headstand against the wall please?’ I found this totally deplorable.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scot ... r-13160844

Nasty bunch of cunts will be laughing on the other side of their faces when Labour gets rid of these vermin companies and they get kicked onto the dole. :shoot:

Re: Grandad with brain tumour blasts benefits assessor after 'be

Postby LordRaven » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:22 pm

Guest wrote:A grandad with a brain tumour says he was asked to stand on his head during a benefits assessment just weeks after his diagnosis.

Jim Wright was being assessed at his Falkirk home for Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
disability benefit when he claims the assessor made the request – which was later passed off as a “joke”.

The 60-year-old self-employed courier and wife Katrina said they were stunned by the gaffe and have complained to the Department for Work and Pensions and Independent Assessment Services, who carry out the fitness-to-work tests.

Jim is considering legal action over how his case was handled – and is still awaiting a decision on whether he will receive the benefit.

He said: “A female PIP assessor came out to see me in my home as a result of my diagnosis.

“I was nervous about it. She said, ‘I’m going to ask you to do some exercises now. So could you do a headstand against the wall please?’ I found this totally deplorable.

Nasty bunch of cunts will be laughing on the other side of their faces when Labour gets rid of these vermin companies and they get kicked onto the dole. :shoot:

The link doesn't work?
LordRaven
Twat.

Re: Grandad with brain tumour blasts benefits assessor after 'be

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:34 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Guest wrote:A grandad with a brain tumour says he was asked to stand on his head during a benefits assessment just weeks after his diagnosis.

The link doesn't work?

Yes it does.

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs