wutang wrote:
Officer who fatally shot Tamir Rice hired as a cop again

https://nypost.com/2018/10/05/officer-w ... cop-again/

Kill a 12 yr old black kid in cold blood,
lie your arse off about it,
get fired for being found 'unfit for duty'

Still get another job as a cop.

:hand:

He was fired for being unfit from another department before he was hired at Cleveland where he shot Tamir. You gotta love the police unions. They protect their members.
Maddog

Re: cops caught acting like trash yet again

Postby Maddog » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:46 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Maddog wrote:Jon Burge, the former Chicago Police commander synonymous with the city's history of police brutality and excessive force, died Wednesday at age 70.

If you need to know exactly why Chicago's law enforcement environment is such a disaster, just google Burge's name. The disgraced cop even has his own Wikipedia entry documenting allegations of his abuse and torture across two decades of more than 200 people, mostly black men, in order to secure confessions.

He and his detectives have been accused of beating, suffocating, burning, and even using cattle prods and full on electrotorture to force suspects to confess. Here's a description of how Burge chose to behave as a cop from the Washington Post:

Whenever Chicago Police commander Jon Burge needed a confession, he would walk into the interrogation room and set down a little black box, his alleged victims would later tell prosecutors. The box had two wires and a crank. Burge, they alleged, would attach one wire to the suspect's handcuffed ankles and the other to his manacled hands. Then, they said, Burge would place a plastic bag over the suspect's head. Finally, he would crank his little black box and listen to the screams of pain as electricity coursed through the suspect's body.

"When he hit me with the voltage, that's when I started gritting, crying, hollering. … It [felt] like a thousand needles going through my body," Anthony Holmes told prosecutors during a 2006 investigation into Burge. "And then after that, it just [felt] like, you know—it [felt] like something just burning me from the inside, and, um, I shook, I gritted, I hollered, then I passed out."

https://reason.com/blog/2018/09/20/jon- ... -corrupt-c

Time to call in airstrikes?

Trump is probably contemplating it. At the very least we need a wall around Illinois. :leer:
Maddog

Postby wutang » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:48 am

Met police's use of force jumps 79% in one year

Black people most likely to be on receiving end of 41,329 incidents in five months

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... n-one-year

Wait.. cops are violent racists?

I'm shocked :yikes:
wutang

Postby Maddog » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:18 pm

wutang wrote:

Black people most likely to be on receiving end of 41,329 incidents in five months

There is likely some bias.

But males are far and away the most likely recipients of a little force, and I doubt the cops harbor sexist feelings towards men.
Maddog

Postby wutang » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:32 am

Maddog wrote:
wutang wrote:

But males are far and away the most likely recipients of a little force, and I doubt the cops harbor sexist feelings towards men.

Cops prefer to beat their women at home

Police Have a Much Bigger Domestic-Abuse Problem Than the NFL Does

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/ar ... ds/380329/
wutang

Postby Maddog » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:48 am

wutang wrote:
Maddog wrote:
wutang wrote:

Cops prefer to beat their women at home

Police Have a Much Bigger Domestic-Abuse Problem Than the NFL Does

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/ar ... ds/380329/

Yeah, I've seen those stats before. So I guess they abuse their own women, but then focus on strange men when they are at work. :dunno:
Maddog

Postby wutang » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:05 am

Maddog wrote:

Yeah, I've seen those stats before. So I guess they abuse their own women, but then focus on strange men when they are at work. :dunno:

I suppose cops see black men as "strange men"

what a mystery :dunno:
wutang

Postby wutang » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:11 pm

TBF cops dont really need to infiltrate the far right, they share the same membership anyway
wutang

Postby LordRaven » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:15 pm

wutang wrote:

TBF cops dont really need to infiltrate the far right, they share the same membership anyway

What a crass remark.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby wutang » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:52 am

LordRaven wrote:
wutang wrote:TBF cops dont really need to infiltrate the far right, they share the same membership anyway

What a crass remark.

Nah its the truth

wutang

Postby Maddog » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:39 pm

wutang wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
wutang wrote:TBF cops dont really need to infiltrate the far right, they share the same membership anyway

What a crass remark.

Nah its the truth

Are the police in communist countries, fascists? :dunno:
Maddog

Postby LordRaven » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:48 pm

Maddog wrote:
wutang wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

What a crass remark.

Nah its the truth

:pmsl:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby wutang » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:11 pm

Maddog wrote:

The Police wouldn't exist in a communist society, its function as the the upholder and defender of capitalist property relations would no longer be required.

There is a reason the Police didn't come into existence until the 19th century (London Met was the first in 1829) - the working class had become too unruly with strikes, riots, protests, etc.

Another fun fact - Police in the American south grew out of slave patrols, their literal function from the start was to go after black people

One of the world’s first modern-type police forces developed in Charleston, South Carolina, in the years before New York force became fully professional. The precursor of the Charleston’s police force was not a set of urban watchmen but slave patrols that operated in the countryside. As one historian put it, “throughout all of the [Southern] states [before the Civil War], roving armed police patrols scoured the countryside day and night, intimidating, terrorizing, and brutalizing slaves into submission and meekness.”

The Charleston Guard and Watch developed by trial and error into a recognizably modern city-run police force by the 1820s, performing both nightly harassment of the Black population and staying on call for rapid mobilization to control crowds. Blacks, even free Blacks, caught out after curfew without an acceptable excuse were subject to overnight arrest by the Guard and up to 39 lashes after a magistrate looked at the case in the morning. This practice went back to colonial days and mirrored the methods of the rural slave patrols. The first major difference, even early on, was that the Guard was a paid force rather than a group of conscripted citizens.

https://libcom.org/history/origins-poli ... whitehouse
wutang

Postby Maddog » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:54 pm

wutang wrote:
Maddog wrote:

The Police wouldn't exist in a communist society, its function as the the upholder and defender of capitalist property relations would no longer be required.

There is a reason the Police didn't come into existence until the 19th century (London Met was the first in 1829) - the working class had become too unruly with strikes, riots, protests, etc.

Another fun fact - Police in the American south grew out of slave patrols, their literal function from the start was to go after black people

One of the world’s first modern-type police forces developed in Charleston, South Carolina, in the years before New York force became fully professional. The precursor of the Charleston’s police force was not a set of urban watchmen but slave patrols that operated in the countryside. As one historian put it, “throughout all of the [Southern] states [before the Civil War], roving armed police patrols scoured the countryside day and night, intimidating, terrorizing, and brutalizing slaves into submission and meekness.”

The Charleston Guard and Watch developed by trial and error into a recognizably modern city-run police force by the 1820s, performing both nightly harassment of the Black population and staying on call for rapid mobilization to control crowds. Blacks, even free Blacks, caught out after curfew without an acceptable excuse were subject to overnight arrest by the Guard and up to 39 lashes after a magistrate looked at the case in the morning. This practice went back to colonial days and mirrored the methods of the rural slave patrols. The first major difference, even early on, was that the Guard was a paid force rather than a group of conscripted citizens.

https://libcom.org/history/origins-poli ... whitehouse

There would be no crime in a communist country?
Maddog

Postby wutang » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:29 am

Maddog wrote:There would be no crime in a communist country?

Did crime not exist before 1820? I wonder how communities regulated themselves before the creation of the Police :dunno:

(the article I linked to in my previous post addresses this)
wutang

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs