Re: Most now back reunification of Ireland

Postby LordRaven » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:52 am

Cannydc wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Guest wrote:
They already do in the South. Eire!

Throw all the Nor'n Ir'n proddies into that mix and tell them they are to be ruled directly from Dublin and watch the fireworks.

Their country will be Ireland.

And sometimes, people can be persuaded to see the bigger picture. There are a lot more people who prefer peace to violence, even there.

You clearly haven't been up close and personal and seen the sheer hatred in their eyes of how they can tell just by looking at each other that they are of the "other religion."
And you clearly have zero concept or first hand experience of that boiling over into violence on certain anniversaries.
Think of Millwall V West Ham, and then throw in guns and explosives and you will start to understand.
It is a lovely land and the people are really nice, apart from being nice to each other.

Life has definately changed since Good Friday.

Many have moved on (but not all).

Oh I agree completely, and to see McGuiness, Paisley and Adams sitting down chatting and having a laugh was something I never thought I'd see. However it is the history that is the problem and we cannot rewrite history.
The inner seething hatred of each other will take a long time to disappear.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Cannydc » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:59 am

The real sadness is how the remaining bitterness is so entrenched in their politics.
Cannydc

Postby LordRaven » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:02 pm

Cannydc wrote:The real sadness is how the remaining bitterness is so entrenched in their politics.

It is entrenched in their very being, when a child goes to the Blessed Oliver Plunkett school and another goes to a Prod school down the road they are being taught two very different versions of history.
But the fact is they arrive at the school gates on their very first day at school fully indoctrinated and brainwashed by their parents.
So how will that be stopped?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Cannydc » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:16 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Cannydc wrote:The real sadness is how the remaining bitterness is so entrenched in their politics.

It is entrenched in their very being, when a child goes to the Blessed Oliver Plunkett school and another goes to a Prod school down the road they are being taught two very different versions of history.
But the fact is they arrive at the school gates on their very first day at school fully indoctrinated and brainwashed by their parents.

My answer is via integration into a single, all-Ireland education system. And they will eventually become parents.
Cannydc

Postby LordRaven » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:27 pm

Cannydc wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

My answer is via integration into a single, all-Ireland education system. And they will eventually become parents.

I wish it were that simple, they'd hate their kids to mix the way things are now. And yet Queens Uni turns out some excellent people from both faiths --so I am guessing the bright ones overcome social constraints.
LordRaven
Twat.

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs