Yom Kippur

Re: Yom Kippur

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:05 pm

calitom wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
calitom wrote:and pray for my deceased relatives.

Just curious
What good does praying for deceased relatives do?

Those who are deceased and do not yet live in the fullness of heaven yet cannot help themselves spiritually anymore.
Thats where the prayers for the dead come in. They help hasten the rise of these people from purgatory into heaven.
Thank you for the honest question.

What religion is this and can you tell me where this is written .... exactly where?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby calitom » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:21 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
calitom wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

Just curious

Those who are deceased and do not yet live in the fullness of heaven yet cannot help themselves spiritually anymore.
Thats where the prayers for the dead come in. They help hasten the rise of these people from purgatory into heaven.

What religion is this and can you tell me where this is written .... exactly where?

Catholicism and Judaism.
This scripture from the old testament says it clearly

2 Maccabees 12:44-45 For if he were not expecting that those who had fallen would rise again, it would have been superfluous and foolish to pray for the dead. [45] But if he was looking to the splendid reward that is laid up for those who fall asleep in godliness, it was a holy and pious thought. Therefore he made atonement for the dead, that they might be delivered from their sin. (cf. 1 Cor 15:29)
calitom

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:58 am

calitom wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:Hava nagila, you know you can speak directly with your ancestors in dream and lucid mindfulness, meditation, or after chants.

beware of the middle plateau arthur. you dont want to be dabbling in the land of the spirits. many demons running around out there.

Been further than most, seen to many things that defy conventional understanding. Another word for demon is genius. All monotheistic religions are derived from Sanskrit teachings. I asked one question when I was twelve, where dose God come from? Took twenty years for the answer. Yet since I was 15 I stopped believing and simply knew the first, Divine Creator as I did before my mind was corrupted. Alot of medical evidence to show fasting has enormous health benefits, 6 days work, on the 7th day (know why 7 days? Gen 1, 28 days a year, 13 years per 365 days. And when Enoch live 365 days, God took him for he walked with God.) give your digestive system a rest. One of my favorite accounts is Josephs interpretation of Pharaoh's dream.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:10 am

calitom wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
calitom wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

Just curious

Catholicism and Judaism.
This scripture from the old testament says it clearly

2 Maccabees 12:44-45 For if he were not expecting that those who had fallen would rise again, it would have been superfluous and foolish to pray for the dead. [45] But if he was looking to the splendid reward that is laid up for those who fall asleep in godliness, it was a holy and pious thought. Therefore he made atonement for the dead, that they might be delivered from their sin. (cf. 1 Cor 15:29)

I like to light a candle, been wanting to impliment an extra place at the table for many years. That serving is to be shared with all. Do you clean the home of yeast at this time of year Calitom?
art0hur0moh

Postby calitom » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:30 am

arthur----when practicing judaism as a youth we kept the door open and a place open for anyone who wanted to walk in on passover.
I am a practicing catholic now. But I still revere the most solemn jewish traditions...yom kippur being the basis for All saints day and all souls day.

re demons---it is important to realize that they are entities...and while they are geniuses compared to humans---they are not just a definition. They are malicious.
The Screwtape letters by CS Lewis is an amazing little book.Also check out father malachi Martin(the late exorcist) and father Gary Thomas(living exorcist).they have both been in the trenches--and they know quite a bit about the middle plateau. They ALWAYS emphasize staying away from the middle plateau or those things that link to the middle plateau---such as gambling,new age religion,god(small G) worship,seances etc. You will be fascinated by these 2 men--and they are on youtube and other sites.
calitom

Postby calitom » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:30 am

arthur----when practicing judaism as a youth we kept the door open and a place open for anyone who wanted to walk in on passover.
I am a practicing catholic now. But I still revere the most solemn jewish traditions...yom kippur being the basis for All saints day and all souls day.

re demons---it is important to realize that they are entities...and while they are geniuses compared to humans---they are not just a definition. They are malicious.
The Screwtape letters by CS Lewis is an amazing little book.Also check out father malachi Martin(the late exorcist) and father Gary Thomas(living exorcist).they have both been in the trenches--and they know quite a bit about the middle plateau. They ALWAYS emphasize staying away from the middle plateau or those things that link to the middle plateau---such as gambling,new age religion,god(small G) worship,seances etc. You will be fascinated by these 2 men--and they are on youtube and other sites.
calitom

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs