Yom Kippur

Re: Yom Kippur

Postby Stooo » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:48 pm

calitom wrote:christianity's foundation is from judaism.

Well done, good for you :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:57 pm

calitom wrote:Are any of you sleepingdogsers fasting and praying on this high holy day beginning at sunset???

I may fast tomorrow and pray for my deceased relatives..Or I may slightly fast and pray.
Yom Kippur is the equivalent of the catholic holy day All Souls Day.

-Please no nasty comments on this solemn subject..
Thank you.

The Egyptian Armed Forces were so impressed by their overwhelming victory in the very clever way they crossed the Suez Canal and then took out reinforcing Israeli tanks from the far bank with suitcase wire guided Sagger missiles that they re-enacted the whole thing at great expense as a moral booster.
When in the forces I saw it and they did use some very innovative tactics and they look upon that operation with great pride.
We know that the Israelis only had a skeleton force guarding their side of the canal with most troops on leave celebrating yom kippur and the Egyptians got their arses well and truly kicked eventually but to the Egyptians it was a momentus victory and I guess they still celebrate it.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby wutang » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:01 am

calitom wrote:christianity's foundation is from judaism.

Which it immediately set about destroying

calitom wrote:as well as the basic fact that judaism is forever woven into the fabric of christianity.

Well evangelicals do believe that Christ will only return once Jews control the Holy Lands again, upon which they will be given the choice of 'covert or die'.

Trump even had one of the psychos speak at the new embassy in Jerusalem

Robert Jeffress, Pastor Who Said Jews Are Going to Hell, Led Prayer at Jerusalem Embassy

A Dallas evangelical pastor who once said that Jewish people are going to hell and a megachurch televangelist who claimed that Hitler was part of God’s plan to return Jews to Israel both played prominent roles on Monday in the opening ceremony of the new American Embassy in Jerusalem.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/14/worl ... em-us.html

He added: “Judaism — you can’t be saved being a Jew. You know who said that, by the way? The three greatest Jews in the New Testament: Peter, Paul and Jesus Christ. They all said Judaism won’t do it. It’s faith in Jesus Christ.”

In the past decade, Mr. Jeffress has assumed a prominent role in conservative politics, appearing frequently on Fox News and urging in sermons and on television to elect a Christian as president. Non-Christian religions are sending their followers to hell, he preached in a September 2008 sermon.

“Not only do religions like Mormonism, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism — not only do they lead people away from the true God, they lead people to an eternity of separation from God in hell,” Mr. Jeffress said. “Hell is going to be filled with good religious people who have rejected the truth of Christ.”
wutang

Postby calitom » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:10 am

MungoBrush wrote:
calitom wrote:and pray for my deceased relatives.

Just curious
What good does praying for deceased relatives do?

Those who are deceased and do not yet live in the fullness of heaven yet cannot help themselves spiritually anymore.
Thats where the prayers for the dead come in. They help hasten the rise of these people from purgatory into heaven.
Thank you for the honest question.
Last edited by calitom on Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
calitom

Postby calitom » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:14 am

Smart Alice wrote:I much prefer herring. I'm not keen on smoked fish.

Yum kipper u mean.
yes herring is the best. mega protein and delicious.
calitom

Postby calitom » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:19 am

PS--the fasting was great. I would recommend it no matter what your spiritual persuasion is.
Not only does it reset your physiology but it sharpens the mind and strengthens the spirit.
calitom

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:38 am

Hava nagila, you know you can speak directly with your ancestors in dream and lucid mindfulness, meditation, or after chants.
art0hur0moh

Postby Neil from the young ones » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:56 am

art0hur0moh wrote:Hava nagila, you know you can speak directly with your ancestors in dream and lucid mindfulness, meditation, or after chants.
That’s heavy man.
Neil from the young ones

Postby calitom » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:11 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:Hava nagila, you know you can speak directly with your ancestors in dream and lucid mindfulness, meditation, or after chants.

beware of the middle plateau arthur. you dont want to be dabbling in the land of the spirits. many demons running around out there.
calitom

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:14 pm

calitom wrote:

beware of the middle plateau arthur. you dont want to be dabbling in the land of the spirits. many demons running around out there.

And many of them dwell on forums :pmsl:

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:15 pm

calitom wrote:

art0hur0moh wrote:
Hava nagila, you know you can speak directly with your ancestors in dream and lucid mindfulness, meditation, or after chants.

If you take away the demons the angels may leave too and when they leave, they're so hard to find :shake head:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby calitom » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:23 pm

Stooo wrote:
calitom wrote:

art0hur0moh wrote:

If you take away the demons the angels may leave too and when they leave, they're so hard to find :shake head:

technically demons ARE angels--but fallen ones with an intense hatred for you and me and all people. good angels are there for our good.
calitom

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:34 pm

calitom wrote:
Stooo wrote:
calitom wrote:

art0hur0moh wrote:

technically demons ARE angels--but fallen ones with an intense hatred for you and me and all people. good angels are there for our good.

If they have fallen then they need help to get back to their lofty positions, you don't have to be so binary.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby calitom » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:10 pm

Stooo wrote:
calitom wrote:
Stooo wrote:
calitom wrote:

art0hur0moh wrote:

If they have fallen then they need help to get back to their lofty positions, you don't have to be so binary.

you want to help demons? stooo...they rejoice in your pain and anguish. dont be flippant
calitom

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:46 pm

calitom wrote:
you want to help demons? stooo...they rejoice in your pain and anguish. dont be flippant

But they were angels Tom, we should help them to be angels again.
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs