General election time?

General election time?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:55 am

Time for yet another general election?
May must go at the very least.
This corporate government have been a disaster since day one.
May buys the votes of some obscure Irish people so she can cling to power.
She then calls on an anti semite European Nazi party to support her.
This woman has no morals and has run out of people to blame.
She cannot stoop any lower despite the pictures of her.
Does she actually have a spine?
She's run out of road and must be stopped from further damaging this country.

The following are not my words ....

In a more honourable age a Prime Minister whose #ChequersPlan was rejected by her caucus and the EU would resign as PM or call an election. Sadly, Theresa May has proven throughout her political career that she has no honour.
Rolluplostinspace

Re: General election time?

Postby Cannydc » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:21 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Time for yet another general election?

In a more honourable age a Prime Minister whose #ChequersPlan was rejected by her caucus and the EU would resign as PM or call an election. Sadly, Theresa May has proven throughout her political career that she has no honour.

It's a tough call.

I don't want Labour (or anyone else, come to that) to be blamed for this Tory inspired, Tory led, Tory managed Brexishambles.

In an ideal world she would come back with a wretched deal, it gets thrown out by parliament, the Tory party melts down and there's a GE. At the same time, a people's vote on Brexit deal, including Stay In as a choice, takes place on the same day. The EU grants more time and the election / vote takes place in April or May. It would help if they allowed us to continue on current terms, with rebates etc - and agree a few simple reforms on immigration etc.
Cannydc

Postby LordRaven » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:26 am

Cannydc wrote:

It's a tough call.

I don't want Labour (or anyone else, come to that) to be blamed for this Tory inspired, Tory led, Tory managed Brexishambles.

In an ideal world she would come back with a wretched deal, it gets thrown out by parliament, the Tory party melts down and there's a GE. At the same time, a people's vote on Brexit deal, including Stay In as a choice, takes place on the same day. The EU grants more time and the election / vote takes place in April or May. It would help if they allowed us to continue on current terms, with rebates etc - and agree a few simple reforms on immigration etc.

I just wish they'd put an end to the entire Brexit process as being unworkable and something the public clearly has no faith in. Stay in -simple!
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Cannydc » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:30 am

Raven - 100%

It seems the only decision that is in the interest of the country, especially the economy.

Unicorn dung prices are on the up, though !
Cannydc

Postby LordRaven » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:07 pm

Cannydc wrote:Raven - 100%

It seems the only decision that is in the interest of the country, especially the economy.

Unicorn dung prices are on the up, though !

I have never known this country willingly and happily do a Thelma & Louise before?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:34 pm

Your ignorance shines through, go and tell those people they are Irish and see what happens. More proof you pretend to know about stuff but in reality know fuck all :thud:

As for May I do feel she is woeful as a PM, so on that we agree.

I just heard her speak on the news regarding the impasse caused by the EU wanting to split up the UK and on this I agree with her.

We cannot allow the EU to use NI to bully us into their way because it makes a mockery of the entire Brexit process.

If she had balls she would now tell the EU and the UK she is closing negotiations and to start making preparations now for a No Deal Brexit.

In essence walk away and close the door which would give this country a clear path to work toward. And this is something the country needs to start doing now, there is no point in waiting until March when we do fall off a cliff. Prepare for the worst, it is always a good strategy, whilst hoping for the best.

The EU would brick it and perhaps come to its senses and offer a better deal. And if they don't unless we will be ready and save £40 Billion.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:44 pm

LordRaven wrote:

Your ignorance shines through, go and tell those people they are Irish and see what happens. More proof you pretend to know about stuff but in reality know fuck all :thud:

I just heard her speak on the news regarding the impasse caused by the EU wanting to split up the UK and on this I agree with her.

We cannot allow the EU to use NI to bully us into their way because it makes a mockery of the entire Brexit process.

If she had balls she would now tell the EU and the UK she is closing negotiations and to start making preparations now for a No Deal Brexit.

In essence walk away and close the door which would give this country a clear path to work toward. And this is something the country needs to start doing now, there is no point in waiting until March when we do fall off a cliff. Prepare for the worst, it is always a good strategy, whilst hoping for the best.

The EU would brick it and perhaps come to its senses and offer a better deal. And if they don't unless we will be ready and save £40 Billion.

Is this where you start blaming the Europeans?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Boris » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:57 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Is this where you start blaming the Europeans?

Britain will be free to do as it wants once it regains its sovereignty and no longer pays £Billions into the EU gravy train.
Boris

Postby Cannydc » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:12 pm

"The EU gravy train."

Good old propaganda keeps on rolling.

And, of course, if they won't break the 4 'red lines' agreed by all 28 countries (us included!) then they are to blame...not the UK.

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: We were in full knowledge of those red lines 2 years ago - I know, I wrote about them on here - but of course that was 'Project Fear'.
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:45 pm

LordRaven wrote:

They are not bullying us. There are a whole raft of regulations and laws to observe and they are simply following them, don't forget that we helped write most of them in Thatcher's dream of closer integration with the continent.

If we renege on the £40 billion, how much do you think that will be worth after the £ is devalued? Our buying power will be severely reduced because nobody will want to trade in Sterling and anyone who does want to trade with us will want dollars up front because we spectacularly welshed on a deal with the World's second biggest economy.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:03 pm

The value of the pound has plummeted after Theresa May warned the UK must prepare for a no-deal Brexit.

The prime minister delivered a major statement following the fallout from her summit in Salzburg and said the UK "must and will prepare for no deal".

The pound plummeted following Mrs May's speech, trading down 1.3 per cent versus the US dollar at 1.31. Against the euro, sterling was down 1 per cent at 1.11.

It was the most significant drop in the pound's value since November last year, Bloomberg reported.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 42486.html

:shake head: BrexShit.

Postby Cobs » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:06 pm

It's brinkmanship surely on both sides. What would Jeremy do?
Extraordinary times.
Cobs

Postby LordRaven » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:16 pm

Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

They are not bullying us. There are a whole raft of regulations and laws to observe and they are simply following them, don't forget that we helped write most of them in Thatcher's dream of closer integration with the continent.

If we renege on the £40 billion, how much do you think that will be worth after the £ is devalued? Our buying power will be severely reduced because nobody will want to trade in Sterling and anyone who does want to trade with us will want dollars up front because we spectacularly welshed on a deal with the World's second biggest economy.

I am saying that the EU are acting from a position of strength and when negotiating from a weaker position against a more powerful opponent then the threat of a walk out tends to shock the bully into acting reasonably and that is what is needed here, or do you think it fine to have the UK split up at the insistence of the EU?

How on earth people voted for Brexit is beyond me, it was always clear it would be to our detriment however now that we are heading toward that cliff it should be so on our own terms or terms agreeable to us.

And if that means playing hardball then so be it,and then see how they soften, because they bloody well will.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:18 pm

Cobs wrote:It's brinkmanship surely on both sides. What would Jeremy do?
Extraordinary times.

That is exactly what it is and May needs to grow a pair and let the EU know that she means business instead of pussyfooting around.

Hopefully the shit will hit the fan, the public will be appalled and matters come about wherein the entire Brexit process is bloody well halted.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:30 pm

Cobs wrote:It's brinkmanship surely on both sides. What would Jeremy do?
Extraordinary times.

Waffle on about fucking trains as usual...
Stooo
Site Admin

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs