Corbyn WILL back a second ref!

Re: Corbyn WILL back a second ref!

Postby Wilson » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:21 pm

Stooo wrote:
Cannydc wrote:According to today's papers, John McDonnell will say that Labour will not include Remain as a choice on a People's Vote.

Looks like the Libdems will win a lot of Labour votes at a General Election.... mine included.

Never before, not something I have ever even considered. But needs must.

Some things are far more important than party politics.

Party politics is the only thing that will help the Windrush generation who are STILL being screwed over, our NHS that's being sold off, our kids education that's being horribly underfunded, wages so low people are relying on foodbanks to survive, unaffordable housing & benefit sanctions that are putting ordinary people on the streets AND the government's dangerously incompetent handling of Brexit negotiations.

If ever there was a time for "party politics" it's NOW.
Wilson

Postby Fletch » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:33 pm

Wilson wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Cannydc wrote:According to today's papers, John McDonnell will say that Labour will not include Remain as a choice on a People's Vote.

Looks like the Libdems will win a lot of Labour votes at a General Election.... mine included.

Party politics is the only thing that will help the Windrush generation who are STILL being screwed over, our NHS that's being sold off, our kids education that's being horribly underfunded, wages so low people are relying on foodbanks to survive, unaffordable housing & benefit sanctions that are putting ordinary people on the streets AND the government's dangerously incompetent handling of Brexit negotiations.

Brexit seems to have dominated people's minds to such an extent, the Tories have had free reign to do what they want with the poor, disadvantaged, public services and a whole host of other things that would normally get coverage. All the time so many are fixated on one thing, the government can do anything else without people even noticing let alone censure. Brexit seems to dominate even voting intentions in any election and that is just scandalous. Life goes on for those suffering, Brexit or no Brexit but people don't seem to care any more. :shake head:
Fletch

Postby Cannydc » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:40 pm

"You believe that Brexit will destroy the economy when there's zero evidence to suggest that's the case. "

On the contrary, every capable economist, along with most prominent leavers (eg Rees-Mogg) is forecasting a huge downturn in economic fortune for decades.

Labour will win the next election, seeing the state of the Tories, and need to run with a manifesto with their party member's wishes in mind. After all, we ARE the party.
Cannydc

Postby Wilson » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:55 pm

Fletch wrote:
Wilson wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Brexit seems to have dominated people's minds to such an extent, the Tories have had free reign to do what they want with the poor, disadvantaged, public services and a whole host of other things that would normally get coverage. All the time so many are fixated on one thing, the government can do anything else without people even noticing let alone censure. Brexit seems to dominate even voting intentions in any election and that is just scandalous. Life goes on for those suffering, Brexit or no Brexit but people don't seem to care any more. :shake head:

Exactly. I get very suspicious of those who've disgracefully ignored the damage austerity has done suddenly pretending to care about the most vulnerable in our society when it comes to Brexit.
Wilson

Postby Wilson » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:58 pm

Cannydc wrote:"You believe that Brexit will destroy the economy when there's zero evidence to suggest that's the case. "

On the contrary, every capable economist, along with most prominent leavers (eg Rees-Mogg) is forecasting a huge downturn in economic fortune for decades.

Labour will win the next election, seeing the state of the Tories, and need to run with a manifesto with their party member's wishes in mind. After all, we ARE the party.

Uncertainty damages economies & no deal will definitely damage our economy. I'm not advocating leaving the EU but whoever is in power owes it to those who voted for Brexit to TRY and make it work. When/if that fails it's time to talk about revoking artical 50.
Wilson

Postby Fletch » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:07 pm

Cannydc wrote:"You believe that Brexit will destroy the economy when there's zero evidence to suggest that's the case. "

That is of little concern to the many who have nothing already, the many who are ill or disabled, those on minimum wage or zero hours contracts. They already live on next to nothing, what will change for them? :dunno:

Note: Big corporations and the City of London making mega bucks hasn't done the country any good so far or the desire to change, anything, would not have been there in the referendum. Talk of the last 40 years being a time of milk and honey for all is nonsense. People who just take GDP as a measure of success are fooling themselves and others by promoting it as a true measure of a country's performance.

Why champion the few so much when it's the rest who need a fairer system, not more of the same.
Fletch

Postby Cannydc » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:14 pm

Fletch wrote:

That is of little concern to the many who have nothing already, the many who are ill or disabled, those on minimum wage or zero hours contracts. They already live on next to nothing, what will change for them? :dunno:

Note: Big corporations and the City of London making mega bucks hasn't done the country any good so far or the desire to change, anything, would not have been there in the referendum. Talk of the last 40 years being a time of milk and honey for all is nonsense. People who just take GDP as a measure of success are fooling themselves and others by promoting it as a true measure of a country's performance.

Why champion the few so much when it's the rest who need a fairer system, not more of the same.

The fate of the many who are ill or disabled, those on minimum wage or zero hours contracts depends on a Labour victory. And I shall work for that aim, as always.

I happen to believe that the catastrophe of Brexit will leave Labour no breathing space to try to alleviate their suffering.

We will, in effect, be forced to enact Austerity 2.....
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:28 pm

Wilson wrote:
Stooo wrote:

While we're wrestling for access to our closest market? Have a word with yourself, everything will stop. There won't be any individual deals, everything will not be OK.

Every treaty that we created, helped to write or voted to be a part of will stop and that will stop all of us.

It's really simple and outlined in a little bit of the Lisbon Treaty that we wrote, it's sovereignty in action.

The Lisbon Treaty, Article 50

Paragraph three is the one that you need to have a gander at:

The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question

That's everything that we have signed up to for the last forty years. Transport, Imports, exports, you tell me how JC is going to get through this shower.

Brexit is the most important thing to face this country since WW2 and you people need to face the fact that despite having the same initials, he's not the bloody Messiah...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Wilson » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:30 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Fletch wrote:

The fate of the many who are ill or disabled, those on minimum wage or zero hours contracts depends on a Labour victory. And I shall work for that aim, as always.

I happen to believe that the catastrophe of Brexit will leave Labour no breathing space to try to alleviate their suffering.

We will, in effect, be forced to enact Austerity 2.....

The country voted to leave, whether we like it or not. If we do leave (and it's a big IF now imo) we need a government who has the political will to protect our rights.
A protest vote for the Lib Dems is a vote for a system that wants to sell off our NHS & withdraw workers & human rights from you and your children. Seriously WTF are you thinking Cannydc?
Wilson

Postby Stooo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:32 pm

Wilson wrote:

Uncertainty damages economies & no deal will definitely damage our economy. I'm not advocating leaving the EU but whoever is in power owes it to those who voted for Brexit to TRY and make it work. When/if that fails it's time to talk about revoking artical 50.

We will be out by then, we will go back in and have the Euro, Schengen and all the bits that we have refused with our veto and elevated position so far. It won't work.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Wilson » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:34 pm

Stooo wrote:
Wilson wrote:
Stooo wrote:

While we're wrestling for access to our closest market? Have a word with yourself, everything will stop. There won't be any individual deals, everything will not be OK.

Every treaty that we created, helped to write or voted to be a part of will stop and that will stop all of us.

It's really simple and outlined in a little bit of the Lisbon Treaty that we wrote, it's sovereignty in action.

That's everything that we have signed up to for the last forty years. Transport, Imports, exports, you tell me how JC is going to get through this shower.

Brexit is the most important thing to face this country since WW2 and you people need to face the fact that despite having the same initials, he's not the bloody Messiah...

Gotta laugh at those who patronisingly tell me "he's not the Messiah" are the same people who think he's able to "STOP BREXIT" and control the minds of 550,000 members.
Wilson

Postby Stooo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:35 pm

Wilson wrote:The country voted to leave, whether we like it or not. If we do leave (and it's a big IF now imo) we need a government who has the political will to protect our rights.
A protest vote for the Lib Dems is a vote for a system that wants to sell off our NHS & withdraw workers & human rights from you and your children. Seriously WTF are you thinking Cannydc?

It's clearly not a protest vote. You are losing members due to some sort of cultish dogma that will destroy your party. No deal will end the NHS and you can kiss goodbye to worker's rights as the country struggles to sustain itself.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Wilson » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:36 pm

Stooo wrote:
Wilson wrote:

We will be out by then, we will go back in and have the Euro, Schengen and all the bits that we have refused with our veto and elevated position so far. It won't work.

Yeah it's a mess but the idea that a "Peoples Vote" will fix it is pure fantasy.
Wilson

Postby Stooo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:38 pm

Wilson wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Wilson wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Gotta laugh at those who patronisingly tell me "he's not the Messiah" are the same people who think he's able to "STOP BREXIT" and control the minds of 550,000 members.

86% want to stay, the GMB want to stay, anybody still sane at this point want to stay. I apologise if you think that I have patronised you, that was not my intention.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:41 pm

Wilson wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Wilson wrote:

Yeah it's a mess but the idea that a "Peoples Vote" will fix it is pure fantasy.

It has the potential to stop it, that is the important issue right now. Sweeping up the broken glass can and will happen after that.
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs