Our environment.

Re: Our environment.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:05 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:I can't understand why anyone would want a car in most parts of London.
Don't you have the urge the need to go outside of London though just now and again?

When there is a need to of course, but I have got used to using Trains --which I have to say (apart from stinking filthy toilets) are quite good. I recall the old "let the train take the strain" line and I do feel it is true.

Going to airports or up to Wales, York or Scotland it is so much easier. However the ticket prices can be a bit eye watering.

Sitting reading a book, charging your phone or just having a few beers in the buffer car makes life so much easier on long journeys, and in fact on short ones like Ascot and Bath etc.

I would rather they expand the rail network to cope with more passengers tbh

Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:06 pm

At 10pm in North Wales the temp was 17c.
Insane and uncomfortable.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Snookerballs » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:50 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:At 10pm in North Wales the temp was 17c.
Insane and uncomfortable.

Down here in the South its been above 20c all day, at midnight its 15C no rain in this area .
Snookerballs

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:36 am

LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:I can't understand why anyone would want a car in most parts of London.
Don't you have the urge the need to go outside of London though just now and again?

When there is a need to of course, but I have got used to using Trains --which I have to say (apart from stinking filthy toilets) are quite good. I recall the old "let the train take the strain" line and I do feel it is true.

Going to airports or up to Wales, York or Scotland it is so much easier. However the ticket prices can be a bit eye watering.

Sitting reading a book, charging your phone or just having a few beers in the buffer car makes life so much easier on long journeys, and in fact on short ones like Ascot and Bath etc.

My son and dil live in London though not central but are in the batty LEZ zone. They both need their own car as my son works shifts and his wife has to use hers during her work day. I usually go down there on the train and find i can get a pretty good price as long i book a few weeks ahead.

One of my nephews lives central London and never owned a car in his life. As he says, living where he does it's mad to own a car as he can either walk or get the tube to work.

London does have a better public transport infrastructure than the rest of UK but by far the best i've ever used is rail and bus in Switzerland. Super efficient, spotlessly clean, and prices aren't excessive either. You can get virtually anywhere in Switzerland via public transport..there's even a train to the foot of the Eiger!
Grafenwalder

Postby LordRaven » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:22 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

My son and dil live in London though not central but are in the batty LEZ zone. They both need their own car as my son works shifts and his wife has to use hers during her work day. I usually go down there on the train and find i can get a pretty good price as long i book a few weeks ahead.

One of my nephews lives central London and never owned a car in his life. As he says, living where he does it's mad to own a car as he can either walk or get the tube to work.

London does have a better public transport infrastructure than the rest of UK but by far the best i've ever used is rail and bus in Switzerland. Super efficient, spotlessly clean, and prices aren't excessive either. You can get virtually anywhere in Switzerland via public transport..there's even a train to the foot of the Eiger!

I am sure that London will improve its public transport as we move forward because there is a clear strategy of making life hell for the motorist and it is working
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:55 pm

Carbon captured from the atmosphere becomes fuel.

Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:48 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Carbon captured from the atmosphere becomes fuel.

:awesome:

Postby MungoBrush » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:15 pm

Scottish Power to use 100% wind power

Scottish Power will become the first major UK energy company to generate all its electricity from wind power instead of coal and gas, after selling its final gas and hydro stations to Drax.
Power company Drax has paid £702m for the rest of Scottish Power's conventional generation business.
Scottish Power plans to invest £5.2bn over four years to more than double its renewables capacity.
Chief executive Keith Anderson said it was a "pivotal shift" for the firm.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-scotla ... wind-power
MungoBrush

Postby LordRaven » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:37 am

MungoBrush wrote:Scottish Power to use 100% wind power

Scottish Power will become the first major UK energy company to generate all its electricity from wind power instead of coal and gas, after selling its final gas and hydro stations to Drax.
Power company Drax has paid £702m for the rest of Scottish Power's conventional generation business.
Scottish Power plans to invest £5.2bn over four years to more than double its renewables capacity.

That is interesting, but I guess the Scottish weather allows for this.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:39 am

Very interesting
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby MungoBrush » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:47 pm

LordRaven wrote:

True.
Of the top 10 windiest places in the UK, 8 are in Scotland

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/learning/w ... lace-in-uk
MungoBrush

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:26 pm

Poor old Raven never remembers the hopeful posts the eye on the future posts because all he remembers are the scary stories like a small child.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:29 pm

This was last year ....................

Germany Breaks A Solar Record — Gets 85% Of Electricity From Renewables
On April 30, Germany established a new national record for renewable energy use. Part of that day (during the long May 1 weekend), 85% of all the electricity consumed in Germany was being produced from renewables such as wind, solar, biomass, and hydroelectric power. Patrick Graichen of Agora Energiewende Initiative says a combination of breezy and sunny weather in the north and warm weather in the south saw Germany’s May 1 holiday weekend powered almost exclusively by renewable resources. [Note: This paragraph has been updated to correct an error.]

Renewables in Germany“Most of Germany’s coal-fired power stations were not even operating on Sunday, April 30th, with renewable sources accounting for 85 per cent of electricity across the country,” he said. “Nuclear power sources, which are planned to be completely phased out by 2022, were also severely reduced.”>>> https://cleantechnica.com/2017/05/08/ge ... enewables/
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:29 am

MungoBrush wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

True.
Of the top 10 windiest places in the UK, 8 are in Scotland

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/learning/w ... lace-in-uk

Yes and the idiots are doing their utmost to plonk a load of those fucking windmills on the Outer Hebrides at Lewis wrecking an island of natural beauty which has remained wonderfully untouched by cretins..until now.
https://www.stornowaygazette.co.uk/news ... -1-4732879

Leave them at Brexit-on-Sea where they like cluttering up the coastline and beach with junk.

Grafenwalder

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:25 am

You should have entitled it "my" environment! If you are so concerned by CO2 why not petition the government to remove it from soft drinks? The mini ice age was the result of a culdera in the Philipines caused global cooling. Eruptions in the northern hemesphere only cool north of the equator and like wise south. I strongly sugest you all learn that it is the Earths eliptical orbit that causes the global cooling/warming cycle. If you want to start to understand climatology, a basic understanding of spherical geometry, hydrology, thermo dynamics and air pressure. There is no acurate way of messuring mean Earth temperature! Calculations are derived from longitude with latitude values being omited due to the inconsistencies of values across land mass altitudes and sea level. Few if any measurments are take at fathoms. Which would probably give far more acurate results since 70% of the surface of the Earth is covered in water. Add to that the complexity of convection and currents. All the scientist of the world put together with one voice saying the same thing, pro or anti. Would have a clarer voice farting. No one knows enough about climate to say unequivically yes or no. My Environment on the other hand. Trees disrupt wind shear and manintain ambient temperatures durin the hights of summer and winter.
art0hur0moh

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs