Misogyny a hate crime?

Misogyny a hate crime?

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:42 pm

There's been much fuss and ado lately over the possibility of making misogyny a hate crime..yet oddly no mention of misandry. This seems a very slippery slope toward further tipping the scales of equality i'd always believed women held so dear, not to mention further increasing division. Surely misogyny and misandry go hand in hand on the same footing..unless we believe men never suffer too?

Labour MP Stella Creasey said, "It’s already too easy for men to cry foul every time a woman says or does anything they don’t like. Don’t enshrine that in law"

Wow! "Too easy for men to cry foul"..really?? :kinell:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ve-men-law

Laura Bates from the Everyday Sexism project appeared on Channel 4 news interview. She wants police to record wolf whistles among other things. She doesn't seem to understand anything about police work even after having it explained to her by a police officer.

https://www.channel4.com/news/sexism-de ... hate-crime
Grafenwalder

Re: Misogyny a hate crime?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:10 pm

Education not legislation.
Slower but a better result in the long run surely?
They are tying up our thinking tying it up to control it.
If you can't say it then you can't think it.
What you thinking?
Can't say.
Daren't say.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Wilson » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:43 pm

They were talking about this on the radio yesterday & they kept going on about "freedom of speech" which wound me up because hate crimes are nothing to do with political correctness or offending someone with your words. Hate crimes are criminal acts (mainly violence) committed on individuals because of their gender, race, religion, disability ect.

When did this country stop being able to discuss things properly?
Wilson

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:49 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Education not legislation.
What you thinking?
Can't say.
Daren't say.

The Stasi tried that for 40 years. Now their legacy is confined to museums though the damage they did to peoples minds was irreparable.
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:57 pm

Wilson wrote:They were talking about this on the radio yesterday & they kept going on about "freedom of speech" which wound me up because hate crimes are nothing to do with political correctness or offending someone with your words. Hate crimes are criminal acts (mainly violence) committed on individuals because of their gender, race, religion, disability ect.

The rise of social media and ban happy forum mods creating a cossetted world of 'safe spaces' etc.
Grafenwalder

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:26 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Education not legislation.
What you thinking?
Can't say.
Daren't say.

Who is they? :Hiya:

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:59 am

Wilson wrote:They were talking about this on the radio yesterday & they kept going on about "freedom of speech" which wound me up because hate crimes are nothing to do with political correctness or offending someone with your words. Hate crimes are criminal acts (mainly violence) committed on individuals because of their gender, race, religion, disability ect.

When men were put in charge. :gigglesnshit:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:59 am

Grafenwalder wrote:

The rise of social media and ban happy forum mods creating a cossetted world of 'safe spaces' etc.

That too.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Wilson » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:41 am

Grafenwalder wrote:

I see more intelligent debate on Social media than I do on mainstream TV and radio tbh.
The radio station discussing this deliberately framed the topic of hate crime as a freedom of speech issue, then of course the calls and texts were all idiots banging on about PC Gone Mad etc. It's like they want us to be misinformed.
Wilson

Postby Wilson » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:42 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:

When men were put in charge. :gigglesnshit:

You may be on to something there.
Wilson

Postby Cannydc » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:36 pm

Wilson wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

I see more intelligent debate on Social media than I do on mainstream TV and radio tbh.
The radio station discussing this deliberately framed the topic of hate crime as a freedom of speech issue, then of course the calls and texts were all idiots banging on about PC Gone Mad etc. It's like they want us to be misinformed.

True.

The R5Live discussion became a competition as to how insignificant a comment could be, but still get someone locked up.
Cannydc

Postby LordRaven » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:42 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Wilson wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

True.

The R5Live discussion became a competition as to how insignificant a comment could be, but still get someone locked up.

The Thought Police get ever closer, people need to grow up and stop opting to be offended by stuff that was simply brushed off before all this PC stuff went into overdrive...

LordRaven
Twat.

Postby calitom » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:04 pm

Thought crimes will be next in Europe;) Now that you don't have free speech. -Of course none of this is related to the EU and the unelected Junckers and gang making rules for the UK cityizens to live by.
calitom

Postby Grafenwalder » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:31 pm

Wilson wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

I think much depends on where you go. For example forum discussion on the Weinstein revelations went well for a while, then the radfems rocked up and anyone not 'convicting' men involved were automatically branded 'rape apologists' or 'misogynists'. Then it took a twist when some gay actor was alleged to have sexually assaulted another male actor, and a female actor who got intimate with an underage youth. That seemed to put the radfems in a bit of a quandary.

Some posts on a female actors Twitter feed vilifying men in the crudest terms imaginable and seething with hatred, yet that was 'ok'.
Grafenwalder

Postby Wilson » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:41 pm

It's happening here too!! :thud:
A hate crime is a criminal act committed BECAUSE of someone's gender, race, religion etc...
This topic has nothing to do with whether or not you use politically incorrect language or have politically incorrect thoughts.
Wilson

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs