Argentina will use no-deal Brexit to take back Falkland Isla

Re: Argentina will use no-deal Brexit to take back Falkland Isla

Postby LordRaven » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:37 pm

McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:I missed that.

If the Falkland Islanders want to "fight for their homeland" so be it - but I don't see why I should help pay for it in money or blood.

Make your mind up, you conceded they were British a few posts back :shake head:

Resorting to lies doesn't help your case - such as it is. :roll:

No lies, you said they refer to themselves as Falkland Islanders and I pointed out that other British Passport Holders refer to themselves or Scots, Welsh etc which you couldn't argue against and which you had to concede.

History shows that people with your mentality only served to embolden those with evil intent.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby WGAF? » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:38 pm

The cost to Britain of maintaining an armed presence on the Malvinas is over 100 million pounds a year. Nice for the soldiers on a jolly but not on the overstretched British taxpayer.
WGAF?

Postby McAz » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:40 pm

LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

If the Falkland Islanders want to "fight for their homeland" so be it - but I don't see why I should help pay for it in money or blood.

No lies, you said they refer to themselves as Falkland Islanders and I pointed out that other British Passport Holders refer to themselves or Scots, Welsh etc which you couldn't argue against and which you had to concede.

History shows that people with your mentality only served to embolden those with evil intent.

They don't identify themselves as British and nor do I identify them as British. Try not to get so confused. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby LordRaven » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:43 pm

WGAF? wrote:The cost to Britain of maintaining an armed presence on the Malvinas is over 100 million pounds a year. Nice for the soldiers on a jolly but not on the overstretched British taxpayer.

On a jolly? It is hardly a holiday destination.

What was the cost of N.I. per annum? I suppose you'd have simply withdrawn all troops and sat back to watch inter-sectarian slaughter.

Whether you like it or not we have been there for centuries and we colonised the place, and the residents are British citizens.

Shall we abandon all of them?

The UK Overseas Territories are:
Anguilla.
Bermuda.
British Antarctic Territory (BAT) - ASSI has no direct responsibility in relation to BAT as the Antarctic Treaty takes precedence.
British Indian Ocean Territory.
British Virgin Islands.
Cayman Islands.
Falkland Islands.
More items...
Overseas Territories, List of UK Overseas Territories | ASSI | Air Safety ...
https://www.airsafety.aero/About-ASSI/O ... ories.aspx
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:48 pm

McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

They don't identify themselves as British and nor do I identify them as British. Try not to get so confused. :thumbsup:

They do, 99.8% who voted for British and not Argentine rule :thumbsup:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby WGAF? » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:50 pm

LordRaven wrote:
WGAF? wrote:The cost to Britain of maintaining an armed presence on the Malvinas is over 100 million pounds a year. Nice for the soldiers on a jolly but not on the overstretched British taxpayer.

What was the cost of N.I. per annum? I suppose you'd have simply withdrawn all troops and sat back to watch inter-sectarian slaughter.

Whether you like it or not we have been there for centuries and we colonised the place, and the residents are British citizens.

Anguilla.
Bermuda.
British Antarctic Territory (BAT) - ASSI has no direct responsibility in relation to BAT as the Antarctic Treaty takes precedence.
British Virgin Islands.
Cayman Islands.
Falkland Islands.
More items...

Empires rise and fall. Our colonial era is over. Time for realism.
WGAF?

Postby McAz » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:54 pm

LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:They don't identify themselves as British and nor do I identify them as British. Try not to get so confused. :thumbsup:

No they don't - see earlier in the thread - the majority self identify as Falkland Islanders. But no problem, they and their sheep can come to sunny Cumbria. Money saved, lives saved, job done. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby LordRaven » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:00 pm

WGAF? wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Anguilla.
Bermuda.
British Virgin Islands.
Cayman Islands.
Falkland Islands.
More items...

Empires rise and fall. Our colonial era is over. Time for realism.

We all know that but if you lived there on the Islands and the Argentines knocked on your door and threw you into the Village hall with all your neighbours I am guessing you'd think differently
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:01 pm

McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:They don't identify themselves as British and nor do I identify them as British. Try not to get so confused. :thumbsup:

No they don't - see earlier in the thread - the majority self identify as Falkland Islanders. But no problem, they and their sheep can come to sunny Cumbria. Money saved, lives saved, job done. :thumbsup:

On a turnout of 91.94%, 99.8% voted to remain a British territory, with only three votes against.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkland_ ... ndum,_2013

Is that emphatic enough for you?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby McAz » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:03 pm

LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

On a turnout of 91.94%, 99.8% voted to remain a British territory, with only three votes against.[5]

Big writing doesn't make their case - or yours. If they want to be British then let them come to Britain. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby LordRaven » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:07 pm

McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Big writing doesn't make their case - or yours. If they want to be British then let them come to Britain. :thumbsup:

I will take that has your having no argument against their voting to remain British, cased closed and best you run along now.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby McAz » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:12 pm

LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

I will take that has your having no argument against their voting to remain British, cased closed and best you run along now.

Since they self identify as Falkland Islanders and not British, and since they don't want to move to Britain then clearly they are just after our money and protection. I don't blame them, for free cash I'd vote the same way.
McAz

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:13 pm

Malvinas? Are you American or just a traitor?

Postby WGAF? » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:25 pm

Guest wrote:

Korean.
WGAF?

Postby LordRaven » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:32 pm

WGAF? wrote:
Guest wrote:

Korean.

Been to Korea, nice place. I saw the Blue House and the famous admiral (of turtle boat fame) who destroyed a much larger Japanese naval force with just 12 boats. I think there is a film of the guy?

Having been subjugated by the Japanese and used as a football by China and Japan I thought you for one would appreciate self determination so I am surprised by your nonchalance toward the Falkland Islanders.

The Disappeared in Argentina are testament to the dangers of them taking over a people who have no affiliation to Argentina.

With the Adolph-like Brazilian new president nationalism might kick off in Argentina as the economy is not great. That would be a tragedy.
LordRaven
Twat.

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs