Blue Wave

Blue Wave

Postby Stooo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:53 pm

Go America!
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: Blue Wave

Postby McAz » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:56 pm

Hmmm, let's not smile yet - the media could be bigging this up for a fall.
McAz

Postby Maddog » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:03 pm

Stooo wrote:Go America!

Early voting is off the charts. But that's sort of been a trend for the past few elections. Every election sees more early voting, but it also sees less and less on voting day.

I think it's going to be a long night tomorrow. My general belief is that the Reps keep a razor thin majority in the House and Senate, but I also thought Trump would lose, so there's that too. :gigglesnshit:

I have also seen people that have never voted before getting really worked up about Beto. I don't think the 70 million dollar man will pull it off, but he wont have to give his concession speech very early in the night either.
Maddog

Postby calitom » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:35 pm

early voting shows republicans ahead overall. this is unusual.dems usually lead in early voting.repubs voting heavier on election day.

michigan,indiana,pennsylvania,ohio all show repub lead in early voting.these are the critical states who have benefited from the increase in factory jobs largely employing white,catholic old school democrats.

florida shows dems ahead by about 25k in early voting. in 2016 they were ahead by over 100k in early voting.

my prediction is repubs increase senate to 55-45.
dems gain betw 8-17 house seats...leaving the repubs with the majority.
I am pretty good with this kind of stuff...But of course I could be full of shit.
calitom

Postby ATXn;D » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:09 am

Theres no blue wave :roll:
And Rafael Cruz will beat the fake hispanic, robert o'rourke, handily :thumbsup:
ATXn;D

Postby ATXn;D » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:55 am

HAIL MARY time? Dem AZ Senate hopeful Kyrsten Sinema now ‘supports Trump sending 5000 troops to the border’

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/11/ ... he-border/

:wink:
ATXn;D

Postby Maddog » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:41 pm

ATXn;D wrote:Theres no blue wave :roll:
And Rafael Cruz will beat the fake hispanic, robert o'rourke, handily :thumbsup:

I think Beto hits 45%, which hasn't happened since 1994.
Maddog

Postby Cannydc » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Truly shocking that your officials are allowed to potentially influence those yet to vote by releasing results of postal votes.
Cannydc

Postby Maddog » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:47 pm

Cannydc wrote:Truly shocking that your officials are allowed to potentially influence those yet to vote by releasing results of postal votes.

I've never heard of them releasing actual votes.

What they will do is give raw numbers of votes. I live in Tarrant County, and I know the vote tally for early voting is a new record, but no one knows who voted for whom or what.
Maddog

Postby calitom » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:25 pm

Maddog wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Truly shocking that your officials are allowed to potentially influence those yet to vote by releasing results of postal votes.

What they will do is give raw numbers of votes. I live in Tarrant County, and I know the vote tally for early voting is a new record, but no one knows who voted for whom or what.

..well the full truth is that they have the # of votes by party...which gives a very good estimate of the # of votes cast and who they voted for. The wildcard are the independents..And they usually look at various factors to see who the independents voted for(in what %) in recent elections
calitom

Postby Stooo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:31 pm

Voting machines 'breaking down', yeah right. Stick with a pencil ballot and a proper count :roll:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby calitom » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:36 pm

Stooo wrote:Voting machines 'breaking down', yeah right. Stick with a pencil ballot and a proper count :roll:

i agree
calitom

Postby Stooo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:51 pm

calitom wrote:
Stooo wrote:Voting machines 'breaking down', yeah right. Stick with a pencil ballot and a proper count :roll:

i agree

I've been at the count for my old ward as an observer after a GE, the atmosphere is as tense as hell. Why did they invent pens that work at zero gravity in space when they could have just taken pencils? :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Maddog » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:54 pm

calitom wrote:
Maddog wrote:

..well the full truth is that they have the # of votes by party...which gives a very good estimate of the # of votes cast and who they voted for. The wildcard are the independents..And they usually look at various factors to see who the independents voted for(in what %) in recent elections

We don't register by party in Texas. So all they would have to go on is how certain a precinct voted last election and try to extrapolate from that information.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:55 pm

My area has paper ballots, counted by machines. They are hand counted during recounts.
Maddog

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs