6 Men Arrested for mocking Grenfell Tower Fire

6 Men Arrested for mocking Grenfell Tower Fire

Postby Free Speech Advocate » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:57 pm

The video, posted on social media sites and shared, depicts a cardboard model of a building that is thrown onto a bonfire with a sign saying 'Grenfell'. Cartoons depict the victims of the fire, many of whom are Black and Asian, in a manner that is less than sympathetic to the real victims of the tragedy.

There is absolutely no doubt this is tasteless, insensitive and deliberately offensive but should it be treated as a crime?
Free Speech Advocate

Re: 6 Men Arrested for mocking Grenfell Tower Fire

Postby Grafenwalder » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:06 pm

Free Speech Advocate wrote:
The video, posted on social media sites and shared, depicts a cardboard model of a building that is thrown onto a bonfire with a sign saying 'Grenfell'. Cartoons depict the victims of the fire, many of whom are Black and Asian, in a manner that is less than sympathetic to the real victims of the tragedy.

There is absolutely no doubt this is tasteless, insensitive and deliberately offensive but should it be treated as a crime?

Yes it's a hate crime. I'm not interested in viewing the video, i read the words they came out with which was enough for me. Vile subhuman scum.
Grafenwalder

Postby Free Speech Advocate » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:20 pm

Isn't Bonfire Night when the English celebrate their long history of anti-Catholicism?

From what I've read there was a government sponsored false flag operation that was supposedly an attempt to blow up the unpopular Protestant Scottish King and Parliament by a group of Catholics. It was all a part of a wider deception that later came to be called the Popish Plot.

On a day that's essentially like Germans celebrating the Holocaust isn't it understandable that some people take the opportunity to express more modern English Xenophobia?
Free Speech Advocate

Postby Stooo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:32 pm

Funny old world when newsthump is actually a creditable news source...

http://newsthump.com/2018/11/06/women-w ... re-effigy/

:ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:32 am

People who make a flammable models to face higher standard of justice than people who make flammable flats

The people who burnt a model of the Grenfell tower on bonfire should face a much higher standard of justice than the people who made the flats into a tinderbox in the first place Government Ministers and public officials have announced.

Montague Bassington-Bassington MP told us, “It’s important with such a tragedy that we consider all the facts. Having thoroughly reviewed the evidence the fact is that a sizeable portion of my investment portfolio is in cladding companies. It would be quite terrible if this came out in open court so it’s probably best if the wheels of justice turn slowly on this one. Those people who performed that despicable act? Throw the book at them. I’m not invested in Elizabeth Duke and sovereign rings.”

A Spokesman for London Mayor Sadiq Khan said, “It definitely is in the public interest that these people are prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Grenfell was a tragedy. But we don’t want too big a court case otherwise it Mr Khan’s role in the decision not to install sprinklers in high rise flats a few years ago may come to light. He’s going to be trying for re-election soon.”

One Grenfell survivor told us, “It was very upsetting seeing the model going up in flames online. But not as upsetting as it was on the night and definitely not as upsetting as it is that I’m still homeless almost 18 months later and the people who clad my flat are still living in their homes. That’s probably more upsetting.”

The 5 who burnt the model and handed themselves into police last night will be que.................. https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2018/11/06 ... elge_jOzZ0
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:46 am

If the police can arrest people for making sick jokes in their own homes then there must be a few FMs on here whose posting days are numbered.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:26 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:People who make a flammable models to face higher standard of justice than people who make flammable flats

The people who burnt a model of the Grenfell tower on bonfire should face a much higher standard of justice than the people who made the flats into a tinderbox in the first place Government Ministers and public officials have announced.

Montague Bassington-Bassington MP told us, “It’s important with such a tragedy that we consider all the facts. Having thoroughly reviewed the evidence the fact is that a sizeable portion of my investment portfolio is in cladding companies. It would be quite terrible if this came out in open court so it’s probably best if the wheels of justice turn slowly on this one. Those people who performed that despicable act? Throw the book at them. I’m not invested in Elizabeth Duke and sovereign rings.”

A Spokesman for London Mayor Sadiq Khan said, “It definitely is in the public interest that these people are prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Grenfell was a tragedy. But we don’t want too big a court case otherwise it Mr Khan’s role in the decision not to install sprinklers in high rise flats a few years ago may come to light. He’s going to be trying for re-election soon.”

One Grenfell survivor told us, “It was very upsetting seeing the model going up in flames online. But not as upsetting as it was on the night and definitely not as upsetting as it is that I’m still homeless almost 18 months later and the people who clad my flat are still living in their homes. That’s probably more upsetting.”

The 5 who burnt the model and handed themselves into police last night will be que.................. https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2018/11/06 ... elge_jOzZ0

That seems something of a cack handed bodged report to me. What's this about; "But we don’t want too big a court case otherwise it Mr Khan’s role in the decision not to install sprinklers in high rise flats a few years ago may come to light."

Khan was only elected Mayor five weeks before Grenfell and retro fitting sprinklers had been discussed (and dismissed) way before he came along. His predecessor was Boris Johnson in office for eight years, and it seems government have refused to pay to have sprinkler systems fitted in council run flats.

https://insidecroydon.com/2017/10/10/to ... prinklers/
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:33 am

Ray of Sunshine wrote:If the police can arrest people for making sick jokes in their own homes then there must be a few FMs on here whose posting days are numbered.

It's what those 'sick jokes' can lead up to Ray. Remember this lot who committed murder?

Grafenwalder

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:48 am

Just hope you don't make any then about any future tragedies.

Or the mob's outrage is focused in your direction any time in the future.

You do realise that in Nazi Germany or indeed the DDR you would probably have been an informer right if this is what you support.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:53 am

Grafenwalder wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:People who make a flammable models to face higher standard of justice than people who make flammable flats

That seems something of a cack handed bodged report to me.

Read it again it's just a piss take.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:56 am

Ray of Sunshine wrote:Just hope you don't make any then about any future tragedies.

Or the mob's outrage is focused in your direction any time in the future.

You do realise that in Nazi Germany or indeed the DDR you would probably have been an informer right if this is what you support.

Not sure what any of that has to do with the thread topic?!! :dunno:

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:That seems something of a cack handed bodged report to me.

Read it again it's just a piss take.

Duh!!! I must have been having a senior moment! :roll:
Grafenwalder

Postby Cannydc » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:28 am

Ray of Sunshine wrote:If the police can arrest people for making sick jokes in their own homes then there must be a few FMs on here whose posting days are numbered.

Given that this act of crass insensitivity wasn't confined to their garden, but instead smeared all over public media, and given the undoubted anguish it will have caused to both survivors and relatives of those who died, what actions do you deem acceptable to be taken against these people ?
Cannydc

Postby Snookerballs » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:39 am

Cannydc wrote:

Given that this act of crass insensitivity wasn't confined to their garden, but instead smeared all over public media, and given the undoubted anguish it will have caused to both survivors and relatives of those who died, what actions do you deem acceptable to be taken against these people ?

It surprises me the number of people that endorse this act and say its just a PRIVATE joke in someones back garden .

Its not, it was thought out and planned, the cardboard tower was delberately made, the episode was vidoed with a sound track and was released on Public Media, a deliberate act to offend,

This type of law has not caught up with modern day facility that certain people can send offensive material over the public media
Snookerballs

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:19 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:Not sure what any of that has to do with the thread topic?!! :dunno:

People like you scare me.

Quick to grab the pitchfork and join the Twitter outrage mob.

"Let's lynch some racists".

No understanding of irony either.

At least the people on here who call the Tories "fascists" are correct at last, "Big Sister" Theresa May is a fascist.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Maddog » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:21 pm

Don't want folks having too much freedom. They might say something not government approved.

What the fuck is freedom of speech actually designed for? To talk about how cute the royal spawn is?
Maddog

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs