General election imminent?

Re: General election imminent?

Postby LordRaven » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:59 pm

Guest wrote:
Rocthedog wrote:
LordRaven wrote:The more May hangs on and refuses to budge the more this looks as though she will stay in place and I hear the CBI now is backing her deal as being better than no deal.

Hi Raven I see the idiot brigade has been out and spent its benefit money, they have
now arrived back to where they reside and opened up on here. Usual inane comments will arrive from them soon.

What's that, shit for brains :dunno:

We all have our opinions, I voted Remain but I have become increasingly frustrated by proceedings and I do wish we just grew a pair and send fuck it and walked out.
I thing the EU would have a sudden sharp shock and rethink its strategy
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby guest » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:19 pm

Postby Cannydc » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:56 pm

UKIP 3%

With a margin of error of +/- 3%, that could be zero :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
Cannydc

Postby Wilson » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:51 pm

The anti Brexit parties are doing very badly considering "most Brexit voters have changed their mind now"...
Wilson

Postby LordRaven » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:05 pm

Wilson wrote:The anti Brexit parties are doing very badly considering "most Brexit voters have changed their mind now"...

Most? Are you sure? Anyway any of the Leavers changing their minds can only be a good thing.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Wilson » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:20 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Wilson wrote:The anti Brexit parties are doing very badly considering "most Brexit voters have changed their mind now"...

Most? Are you sure? Anyway any of the Leavers changing their minds can only be a good thing.

No Raven I'm not sure, hence the quotation marks. I think if we had another vote, the result would be incredibly close whichever side won.
Wilson

Postby Cannydc » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:22 pm

I think that Labour are now seen as anti-Brexit, and they're doing just fine. Corbyn has played a blinder by stopping the Tories blaming them for diluting the exit deal, but we will vote against it, it's dead in the water.
Cannydc

Postby LordRaven » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:59 pm

Wilson wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

No Raven I'm not sure, hence the quotation marks. I think if we had another vote, the result would be incredibly close whichever side won.

I would hope that people come their senses and end this process
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Wilson » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:23 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Wilson wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Reversing the result would bring up a whole other set of problems. Expense & division aside, imagine how unbelievably stupid we'd look to the rest of the world. We'd never be taken seriously again.
If we had a more competent government negotiating Brexit, I wouldn't be massively worried about it tbh.
Wilson

Postby LordRaven » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Wilson wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Wilson wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Reversing the result would bring up a whole other set of problems. Expense & division aside, imagine how unbelievably stupid we'd look to the rest of the world. We'd never be taken seriously again.
If we had a more competent government negotiating Brexit, I wouldn't be massively worried about it tbh.

No offence Wilson but Jezza and his most of his front bench are a fucking joke
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:21 pm

This is the problem we have in this country, we don't have professional politicians, just muppets who run for office, get elected and then get thrown in at the deep end without a scoobies about what they are doing.
Look at Jezza & Co...

https://labour.org.uk/people/shadow-cabinet/

The only thing they haven't got over May's lot is that they haven't just been put in place :gigglesnshit:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:00 pm

[/quote]

No offence Wilson but Jezza and his most of his front bench are a fucking joke[/quote]

Nine Policies The Tories Have Stolen From Labour (And The Greens)
... and what the Government said they would do that they haven't.
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... 87hzDCx9tg
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:07 pm

Tories told: adopt some Labour rental policies or risk losing election

The government has been told is should simply adopt some Labour rental policies or risk losing the next General Election - and the advice has come from an unlikely source.

The Spectator magazine, which is Conservative-supporting and backs a broadly right-wing pro-Brexit line espoused by the current government, comes up with the unlikely advice in an editorial in its current edition.

The editorial says that rising house prices were once seen as an electoral asset but now - as home-owning older voters face seeing their children contemplating a lifetime in rented accommodation - that aspiration poses what the magazine calls “an existential threat” to the Conservatives.

“If you are stuck in a rented flat, frustrated at your inability to afford your own home, the housing policies advanced by Jeremy Corbyn at last year’s General Election are far more appealling - a cap on rent rises, three-year minimum tenancies and a licensing scheme that aims to drive rogue landlords out of business” it says.

The Spectator continues: “Those stuck renting are likely to conclude that the current system is at fault and any change which disfavours landlords will be an improvement. Capitalism will never appeal to those without any capital."

The magazine then goes on to endorse longer tenancies and rent controls - both policies advocated by Corbyn and Labour in recent years.

“It would cost no public money at all to change the law so that in most cases tenants could look forward to a minimum of three years’ security of tenure with rents controlled for that duration” it advocates.

Corbyn is that dangerous he's writing policy for the Tory government!!! :pmsl:
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:42 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Tories told: adopt some Labour rental policies or risk losing election

The government has been told is should simply adopt some Labour rental policies or risk losing the next General Election - and the advice has come from an unlikely source.

The Spectator magazine, which is Conservative-supporting and backs a broadly right-wing pro-Brexit line espoused by the current government, comes up with the unlikely advice in an editorial in its current edition.

The editorial says that rising house prices were once seen as an electoral asset but now - as home-owning older voters face seeing their children contemplating a lifetime in rented accommodation - that aspiration poses what the magazine calls “an existential threat” to the Conservatives.

“If you are stuck in a rented flat, frustrated at your inability to afford your own home, the housing policies advanced by Jeremy Corbyn at last year’s General Election are far more appealling - a cap on rent rises, three-year minimum tenancies and a licensing scheme that aims to drive rogue landlords out of business” it says.

The Spectator continues: “Those stuck renting are likely to conclude that the current system is at fault and any change which disfavours landlords will be an improvement. Capitalism will never appeal to those without any capital."

The magazine then goes on to endorse longer tenancies and rent controls - both policies advocated by Corbyn and Labour in recent years.

“It would cost no public money at all to change the law so that in most cases tenants could look forward to a minimum of three years’ security of tenure with rents controlled for that duration” it advocates.

Corbyn is that dangerous he's writing policy for the Tory government!!! :pmsl:

Good for him :thumbsup:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby wutang » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:09 am

LordRaven wrote:No offence Wilson but Jezza and his most of his front bench are a fucking joke

Would you rather a joke or a vicious sadistic psychopath who has no regard for the pain, misery, and even death that their policies create? the Tories are very much in the latter camp
wutang

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs