General election imminent?

Re: General election imminent?

Postby LordRaven » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:14 pm

Wilson wrote:After sacking her over the Windrush scandal, Theresa May has made Amber Rudd Minister for work and pensions.

It should've been Theresa May who resigned over that and this new role of Rudd's demonstrates what a hollow gesture the sacking was. They couldn't give a flying fuck about the lives they ruined with their "We can deport first and hear appeals later" hostile environment.

I genuinely despise these people.

It was absolutely horrendous the way many people, who have lived worked and paid taxes here for years, were treated but does anyone get taken to task for their poor decision making? Do they hell.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:44 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Guest wrote:Well those people shouting and actually howling at times outside parliament all day have certainly been annoying.

Almost as much as the ones inside doing it.

Well said Lady.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:46 pm

I wonder if those who resigned feel just a little foolish knowing they had no effect at all in the end apart from damaging the country a little more as their seats were filled almost instantly.
Same shit different day.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Wilson » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:47 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Wilson wrote:After sacking her over the Windrush scandal, Theresa May has made Amber Rudd Minister for work and pensions.

It should've been Theresa May who resigned over that and this new role of Rudd's demonstrates what a hollow gesture the sacking was. They couldn't give a flying fuck about the lives they ruined with their "We can deport first and hear appeals later" hostile environment.

It was absolutely horrendous the way many people, who have lived worked and paid taxes here for years, were treated but does anyone get taken to task for their poor decision making? Do they hell.

"Poor decision making" makes it all sound like a terrible mistake. These policies were calculated and implemented with the intention of "deporting first & hearing appeals later" because they wanted to meet pointless targets on deportations. There were no "administrative errors", These policies played out EXACTLY how intended.
Wilson

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:49 pm

LordRaven wrote:
wutang wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Gove cost me a few quid for Maths re-takes around five years ago when Education kept moving the goalposts under his watch; don't get me wrong, I can't stand the man. However, he's still at the top of his game in a shark tank.

Shark Tank? the Tory party is a cesspool of idiots (Liam Fox, Theresa May), Lunatics (Andrea Leadsom, Nadine Dorres) and idiotic lunatics (Jacob Rees-Mogg, Boris Johnson).

I suspect the plan to make him Brexit secretary is a further sign of how little they regard him:
the role is meaningless as shown by the fact the last guy quit because he didn't like the deal he was supposed to be in charge of :pmsl:

you cannot sugarcoat a turd

You seem to have picked this up from somewhere recently and are looking for every chance to use it.
The latest and this is getting old now is .... you can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter.
Just trying to be helpful.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby wutang » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:51 pm

Staggering given it was only yesterday this was revealed

The Home Office has admitted that the number of Windrush people known to have been wrongly deported or detained is likely to rise from the figure of 164, because officials have misclassified a number of affected people as criminals and excluded them from the count.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... nt-blunder

illegally deport people then cover it up by smearing them as criminals!!!!!

The home secretary, Sajid Javid, took the decision in August to exclude from that review anyone with a criminal conviction, and announced that there were 164 people who were likely to have been wrongly detained or removed from the UK. However there was unease about the decision not to count those classified as “criminal case types” and confusion about what that classification meant.

The Home Office has now conceded that its “criminal case type” category wrongly included people who had no criminal convictions, and has agreed to revise its calculation of the total number of people mistakenly removed or detained.

Javid should be fired over this

Also:

The admission follows the revelation earlier this week that eight more members of the Windrush generation believed to have been wrongly detained or deported had subsequently died, bringing the total to at least 11 deaths after removal or detention.

Javid has admitted that British officials are struggling to contact many of those thought to have been wrongly removed, which could mean that the final death toll will be higher.

Sickening :shake head:
wutang

Postby LordRaven » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:56 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
wutang wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Gove cost me a few quid for Maths re-takes around five years ago when Education kept moving the goalposts under his watch; don't get me wrong, I can't stand the man. However, he's still at the top of his game in a shark tank.

Shark Tank? the Tory party is a cesspool of idiots (Liam Fox, Theresa May), Lunatics (Andrea Leadsom, Nadine Dorres) and idiotic lunatics (Jacob Rees-Mogg, Boris Johnson).

I suspect the plan to make him Brexit secretary is a further sign of how little they regard him:
the role is meaningless as shown by the fact the last guy quit because he didn't like the deal he was supposed to be in charge of :pmsl:

you cannot sugarcoat a turd

You seem to have picked this up from somewhere recently and are looking for every chance to use it.
The latest and this is getting old now is .... you can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter.
Just trying to be helpful.

Thanks, and to return the favour please know that there are plenty of other ways to forecast the end of the world too --just google for alternatives.

GTH :cuppaT:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Fletch » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:24 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I wonder if those who resigned feel just a little foolish knowing they had no effect at all in the end apart from damaging the country a little more as their seats were filled almost instantly.
Same shit different day.

Gove was expected to go followed by others but it seems he bottled it. Shades of David Miliband there.
Fletch

Postby Fletch » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:29 pm

Wilson wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

"Poor decision making" makes it all sound like a terrible mistake. These policies were calculated and implemented with the intention of "deporting first & hearing appeals later" because they wanted to meet pointless targets on deportations. There were no "administrative errors", These policies played out EXACTLY how intended.

I've seen more and more in the real world how everything revolves around targets and what's written on pieces of paper. No matter how bad things are, how wrong things go, as long as they can submit their reports in a favourable light, it doesn't matter. Targets are the only issue that matters these days as they can be used to convince the public, and investors, that all is rosy when in fact they hide a multitude of sins, not least of which is lying.
Fletch

Postby Wilson » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:03 pm

Fletch wrote:
Wilson wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

I've seen more and more in the real world how everything revolves around targets and what's written on pieces of paper. No matter how bad things are, how wrong things go, as long as they can submit their reports in a favourable light, it doesn't matter. Targets are the only issue that matters these days as they can be used to convince the public, and investors, that all is rosy when in fact they hide a multitude of sins, not least of which is lying.

Absolutely. The education system is target led and it's destroying our children.
Wilson

Postby NUT » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:15 pm

Wilson wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Wilson wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Absolutely. The education system is target led and it's destroying our children.

Amazing then is t it how Finnish and Korean target led education creates brilliant kids?
You clearly didn’t think before posting did you ?
NUT

Postby wutang » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:52 pm

NUT wrote:Amazing then is t it how Finnish and Korean target led education creates brilliant kids?

The teachers are not beset by targets, in fear of inspections or how well their schools do in league tables. There are simply no league tables or inspections. "They are academics and well trained, so we trust them," says Professor Lavonen. "This is an important feeling: they don't need any inspection. Also, we don't have a system of national testing. The teachers are trusted to assess their own pupils." This is presumably because there is no pressure to tweak the results to do well in league tables.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/educ ... 89083.html

:cheers:
wutang

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:58 pm

wutang wrote:
NUT wrote:Amazing then is t it how Finnish and Korean target led education creates brilliant kids?

The teachers are not beset by targets, in fear of inspections or how well their schools do in league tables. There are simply no league tables or inspections. "They are academics and well trained, so we trust them," says Professor Lavonen. "This is an important feeling: they don't need any inspection. Also, we don't have a system of national testing. The teachers are trusted to assess their own pupils." This is presumably because there is no pressure to tweak the results to do well in league tables.

How gullible can anyone be? You honestly believe that a free for all with no discipline brings the best out of kids?
It’s in the papers so it must be true :awesome:

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:04 pm

Guest wrote:
wutang wrote:

How gullible can anyone be? You honestly believe that a free for all with no discipline brings the best out of kids?
It’s in the papers so it must be true :awesome:

It’s says no inspections or league tables. Nothing about a lack of discipline. Seems trusting the teachers do their job brings out the best in the kids.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Grafenwalder » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:09 am

LordRaven wrote:

That debacle infuriated me enough to bang off a letter to my MP demanding his government put an immediate stop to it and left him in no doubt if it wasn't, exactly where my next letter would be going. May's 'boss'!

Reading about May's evil "hostile environment" was more reminiscent of ethnic cleansing, and to me, unthinkable that any British government could dream up such wickedness.
Grafenwalder

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs