General election imminent?

Re: General election imminent?

Postby Wilson » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:05 pm

Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Wilson wrote:Michael Gove is rumoured to take over Brexit negotiations. That's utterly terrifying. We need a general election so Keir Starmer, who's qualified, personable & actually has some integrity, can take over.

The tribal, political side of me is thinking 'let the Tories carry on fucking this up and let them own this mess 100%'... Obviously terrible for the country so #GeneralElectionNow :grrrrr:

Kier Starmer is a barrister, that sounds better than Gove who seems devoid of any qualifications and/or any kind of personality.

I'm conflicted with Gove, he writes and speaks well and is undoubtedly very clever. He's adopted and looks like Pob but has managed to get to the heights of power.

Are we talking about the same Michael Gove? :ooer:
Wilson

Postby Cannydc » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:10 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Wilson wrote:Michael Gove is rumoured to take over Brexit negotiations. That's utterly terrifying. We need a general election so Keir Starmer, who's qualified, personable & actually has some integrity, can take over.

The tribal, political side of me is thinking 'let the Tories carry on fucking this up and let them own this mess 100%'... Obviously terrible for the country so #GeneralElectionNow :grrrrr:

Kier Starmer is a barrister, that sounds better than Gove who seems devoid of any qualifications and/or any kind of personality.

I'm conflicted with Gove, he writes and speaks well and is undoubtedly very clever. He's adopted and looks like Pob but has managed to get to the heights of power.

You often get shits moving up quite high because they don’t care about doing the dirty work that others, with a conscience, just couldn’t do/say.

There have been plenty of dead man's shoes to fill in the Tory party recently - just think, keep your nose clean as a backbench MP and soon you can be Home Sec .... or even PM....
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:27 pm

Wilson wrote:
Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Yes, he's a very effective politician.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Wilson » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:36 pm

Stooo wrote:
Wilson wrote:
Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

As someone who experiences the effects of his time as Education Secretary every day, you can fuck off with your "he's an effective politician". I'm genuinely shocked you said that Stooo.
Wilson

Postby Cannydc » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:42 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Looks like she is going to hang on grimly, like a bad smell, and plough on regardless.

It matters not - she is a dead woman walking.

There’s a rowdy rabble outside Parliament.

With pitchforks and ropes?

They won’t show them but they sound really angry.
It could just be one very loud man.

Here's the answer...

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 1542300609
Cannydc

Postby Wilson » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:52 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Looks like she is going to hang on grimly, like a bad smell, and plough on regardless.

It matters not - she is a dead woman walking.

There’s a rowdy rabble outside Parliament.

With pitchforks and ropes?

They won’t show them but they sound really angry.
It could just be one very loud man.

Here's the answer...

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 1542300609

I got the impression it was Remainers and Brexiteers competing with each other. Both equally irritating.
Wilson

Postby Stooo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:58 pm

Wilson wrote:
As someone who experiences the effects of his time as Education Secretary every day, you can fuck off with your "he's an effective politician". I'm genuinely shocked you said that Stooo.

Gove cost me a few quid for Maths re-takes around five years ago when Education kept moving the goalposts under his watch; don't get me wrong, I can't stand the man. However, he's still at the top of his game in a shark tank.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:59 pm

Wilson wrote:I got the impression it was Remainers and Brexiteers competing with each other. Both equally irritating.

Steady on... :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:19 pm

Well those people shouting and actually howling at times outside parliament all day have certainly been annoying.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:56 am

Guest wrote:Well those people shouting and actually howling at times outside parliament all day have certainly been annoying.

Almost as much as the ones inside doing it.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:59 am

Wilson wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Wilson wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Yes this. He did not give a crap about the harm he was doing. I doubt he cares about the fisherman either.
Lady Murasaki

Postby wutang » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:31 pm

Stooo wrote:
Gove cost me a few quid for Maths re-takes around five years ago when Education kept moving the goalposts under his watch; don't get me wrong, I can't stand the man. However, he's still at the top of his game in a shark tank.

Shark Tank? the Tory party is a cesspool of idiots (Liam Fox, Theresa May), Lunatics (Andrea Leadsom, Nadine Dorres) and idiotic lunatics (Jacob Rees-Mogg, Boris Johnson).

I suspect the plan to make him Brexit secretary is a further sign of how little they regard him:
the role is meaningless as shown by the fact the last guy quit because he didn't like the deal he was supposed to be in charge of :pmsl:
wutang

Postby LordRaven » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:51 pm

wutang wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Shark Tank? the Tory party is a cesspool of idiots (Liam Fox, Theresa May), Lunatics (Andrea Leadsom, Nadine Dorres) and idiotic lunatics (Jacob Rees-Mogg, Boris Johnson).

I suspect the plan to make him Brexit secretary is a further sign of how little they regard him:
the role is meaningless as shown by the fact the last guy quit because he didn't like the deal he was supposed to be in charge of :pmsl:

Agreed, the current bunch of Tories are a shambles, but looking across the HOC I shudder to think what would happen if that hapless bunch got in.

Where's Oliver Cromwell when we need him? The people should turf the lot of them out of the office and go for a GE to try and get some fresh competent people elected.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:52 pm

wutang wrote:
Stooo wrote:

I guess he agrees that you cannot sugarcoat a turd and does not want his name attached to it.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Wilson » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:11 pm

After sacking her over the Windrush scandal, Theresa May has made Amber Rudd Minister for work and pensions.

It should've been Theresa May who resigned over that and this new role of Rudd's demonstrates what a hollow gesture the sacking was. They couldn't give a flying fuck about the lives they ruined with their "We can deport first and hear appeals later" hostile environment.

I genuinely despise these people.
Wilson

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs