The Biased BBC

The Biased BBC

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:56 pm

Why the BBC has become so biased since 2010

Coincidently, 2010 is when the Conservatives won the General Election and came to office for the first time since John Major. They got into power via a collision with the Liberal Democrats, you know, that party that promised to wipe tuition fees and then went on to tag team with the Conservatives to triple the price… yeah, they’d rather you forgot about that. We wouldn’t.

The Conservatives, now known as the Conservative and Unionist Party since their re-election in 2017, have made a number of changes since their reign of horror began, which has led to the BBC’s different departments to become mouthpieces for the Government. Here are some:

– Important posts have been filled with pro-government figures from the private sector, such as David Clementi (former Deputy Governor of the Bank of England. He is currently Chairman of the BBC), James Harding (Former Times editor, Director of BBC News from August 2013 until 1 January 2018), Robbie Gibb (Former editor of the BBC’s Sunday Politics and Daily Politics programmes, brother of Conservative MP Nick Gibb) and Rona Fairhead (Minister of State at the Department for International Trade, was the last Chair of the BBC Trust before its abolition)

– Direct links with the manipulative tabloid press has been strengthened through Downing Street giving important positions to characters such as Andy Coulson (He was the editor of the News of the World from 2003 until his resignation in 2007, following the conviction of one of the newspaper’s reporters in relation to illegal phone-hacking. He subsequently joined David Cameron’s personnel as communications director) and Craig Oliver (He is a British news editor, producer and media executive, and the former Director of Communications for British Prime Minister David Cameron. Previously, he was Controller of English news output for BBC Global News, responsible for commissioning the news content for the corporation’s English-language global services, including the BBC World Service, BBC World News and BBC News Online).

– The recruitment of people like Alison Fuller Pedley, of Mentorn Media, who is responsible for choosing who gets to go on the Question Time audience. She has been found retweeting fascists Britain First as seen below:

https://theleftbible.co.uk/2018/08/11/w ... OimfxPJTnk

Very interesting article and spot on.

Re: The Biased BBC

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:10 pm

Guest wrote:Why the BBC has become so biased since 2010

Coincidently, 2010 is when the Conservatives won the General Election and came to office for the first time since John Major. They got into power via a collision with the Liberal Democrats, you know, that party that promised to wipe tuition fees and then went on to tag team with the Conservatives to triple the price… yeah, they’d rather you forgot about that. We wouldn’t.

The Conservatives, now known as the Conservative and Unionist Party since their re-election in 2017, have made a number of changes since their reign of horror began, which has led to the BBC’s different departments to become mouthpieces for the Government. Here are some:

– Important posts have been filled with pro-government figures from the private sector, such as David Clementi (former Deputy Governor of the Bank of England. He is currently Chairman of the BBC), James Harding (Former Times editor, Director of BBC News from August 2013 until 1 January 2018), Robbie Gibb (Former editor of the BBC’s Sunday Politics and Daily Politics programmes, brother of Conservative MP Nick Gibb) and Rona Fairhead (Minister of State at the Department for International Trade, was the last Chair of the BBC Trust before its abolition)

– Direct links with the manipulative tabloid press has been strengthened through Downing Street giving important positions to characters such as Andy Coulson (He was the editor of the News of the World from 2003 until his resignation in 2007, following the conviction of one of the newspaper’s reporters in relation to illegal phone-hacking. He subsequently joined David Cameron’s personnel as communications director) and Craig Oliver (He is a British news editor, producer and media executive, and the former Director of Communications for British Prime Minister David Cameron. Previously, he was Controller of English news output for BBC Global News, responsible for commissioning the news content for the corporation’s English-language global services, including the BBC World Service, BBC World News and BBC News Online).

– The recruitment of people like Alison Fuller Pedley, of Mentorn Media, who is responsible for choosing who gets to go on the Question Time audience. She has been found retweeting fascists Britain First as seen below:

https://theleftbible.co.uk/2018/08/11/w ... OimfxPJTnk

Very interesting article and spot on.

Many still think the Beeb is impartial!!!!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Wilson » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:14 pm

Their flagship political shows are awful. They don't even pretend to be impartial. I used to be a defender of the BBC but not anymore.
I never thought there would be a day when I'd trust Skynews over BBCnews yet here we are. :yikes:
Wilson

Postby Maddog » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:47 pm

It's always been biased. It's bias may have shifted.
Maddog

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:49 pm

All networks are biased - why people expect the BBC to be an exception I cannot imagine. :scratch:
McAz

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:33 pm

McAz wrote:All networks are biased - why people expect the BBC to be an exception I cannot imagine. :scratch:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv-radio-and-o ... y-accuracy

Aren't they supposed to be impartial due to the licence fee?

I won't be paying when mine comes up for renewal in Feb as i'm not paying for shite Tory scum stuff. :pukeup:

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:47 pm

Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:All networks are biased - why people expect the BBC to be an exception I cannot imagine. :scratch:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv-radio-and-o ... y-accuracy

Aren't they supposed to be impartial due to the licence fee?

I won't be paying when mine comes up for renewal in Feb as i'm not paying for shite Tory scum stuff. :pukeup:

No-one is impartial - people just pretend to be impartial in order to persuade you of their agenda.
McAz

Postby Wilson » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:53 pm

I expect commercial networks to be biased. I can pick & choose which ones I watch so it's fine.
If I decide I don't want to watch the BBC and stop paying my TV licence I face a prison sentence.
Wilson

Postby Wilson » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:58 pm

Maddog wrote:It's always been biased. It's bias may have shifted.

There's alot more to it than that.
Wilson

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:59 pm

Wilson wrote:

I expect commercial networks to be biased. I can pick & choose which ones I watch so it's fine.
If I decide I don't want to watch the BBC and stop paying my TV licence I face a prison sentence.

I expect bias from everyone - and support as diverse a range of media as is possible. Thus I support public service broadcasting without advertising. I'm okay with the licence fee, but I'm open to other non-commercial funding sources.
McAz

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:25 pm

Wilson wrote:

Yes. But you can push it as far as you possibly can though just to make a point, when they come round you can troll the fuck out of them! :gigglesnshit:

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:34 pm

Maddog wrote:It's always been biased. It's bias may have shifted.

The BBC's bias sadly does not and it's a folly called Balance.

In seeking Balance the BBC gives time to marginal and outlier figures and treat them as if they were of equal validity to the figures supported by evidence, reason and a basic grasp of reality. The BBC will have one scientist explaining climate change and the complex mechanisms in play then bring in a charlatan who claims climate change is due to increased consumption of rice pudding among fourteen year old children in Kent and act as if their opinions carried equal weight.

There is also an increasing subservience to a 'daily news cycle' that is determined by the shallowest considerations, as an example to very serious crises around Brexit are being reduced to 'will Theresa May keep her job' which is absolutely the least important thing about Brexit.

If the BBC were doing it's job they would be exploring the consequences, as an example, of 80% of the world's merchant shipping becoming uninsured overnight - which is what would happen in the event of a cliff edge Brexit and it's why the Backstop has been agreed. Whilst the BBC does cover the backstop it focuses on very real but ultimately parochial concerns in Northern Ireland and ignores the wider context.

Postby Jon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:46 pm

It's not so much politically biased as 'social justice' biased. Have you seen their website lately? "My life as a cisgendered black lesbian juggler in Saudi Arabia" or some shit. Cheers Beeb, dealing with the real issues here. And I'm not even joking about this one: "Why do people experience phantom rectum?" I mean really.
Jon

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:18 pm

Jon wrote:It's not so much politically biased as 'social justice' biased. Have you seen their website lately? "My life as a cisgendered black lesbian juggler in Saudi Arabia" or some shit. Cheers Beeb, dealing with the real issues here. And I'm not even joking about this one: "Why do people experience phantom rectum?" I mean really.

All their news political programs are biased towards the Tories, the commentators are all Tory drones so you obviously don't watch those sorts of programs on there then.

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:32 pm

Jon wrote:It's not so much politically biased as 'social justice' biased. Have you seen their website lately? "My life as a cisgendered black lesbian juggler in Saudi Arabia" or some shit. Cheers Beeb, dealing with the real issues here. And I'm not even joking about this one: "Why do people experience phantom rectum?" I mean really.

That's complete rubbish but thanks for sharing it.

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs