Re: See you next tuesday

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:59 pm

Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:"We had a referendum and we voted to leave
Then we had a general election just over a year ago and labour lost

It’s called democracy
Get over it."

Do you realise how sad and desperate you sound every time you parrot that nonsense ?

We may well have another referendum, and Leave will lose. We may well have another general election and Labour win.

Get ready to be told.... It’s called democracy. Get over it.

You do need to learn what democracy is
You want another referendum?
Then let's make it a proper "people's choice" and have all options available to choose from:

1. Stay in EU
2. Leave - Norway+ model
3. Leave  - Current government negotiated deal
4. Leave - Canada+ model
5. Leave - No deal - WTO model

But wait a minute - we already had a referendum and rejected option 1
So, any 2nd referendum should only be about how we want to leave - only options 2 to 5 should be available to choose from.

That's democracy.

I didn't become a Tory when they last won a majority. I chose to oppose them, and all they stand for.

That's democracy.

And, by the way, ignoring 48% of the electorate by leaving Remain off a second referendum wouldn't be the wisest move.

So in your world ignoring the 52% is democracy, how does that work?

Postby MungoBrush » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:02 pm

Bamber Gascoigne wrote:
McAz wrote:Post Brexit we can take comfort in the possibility of Scotland pushing for independence and an end to this god forsaken British union.

Cornwall, Yorkshire, t’t North and Wales will follow. England will be tiny. Rock on!

If you dislike this country so much, why don't you move somewhere else?
MungoBrush

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:04 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Bamber Gascoigne wrote:
McAz wrote:Post Brexit we can take comfort in the possibility of Scotland pushing for independence and an end to this god forsaken British union.

Cornwall, Yorkshire, t’t North and Wales will follow. England will be tiny. Rock on!

If you dislike this country so much, why don't you move somewhere else?

Why - are we not allowed to change the country, Bingo? :scratch:
McAz

Postby MungoBrush » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:05 pm

Cannydc wrote:I didn't become a Tory when they last won a majority. I chose to oppose them, and all they stand for.

That's democracy.

And, by the way, ignoring 48% of the electorate by leaving Remain off a second referendum wouldn't be the wisest move.

We all know you don't like democracy
That's why you are chosing to move to a country run by a military dictatorship
MungoBrush

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:06 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:I didn't become a Tory when they last won a majority. I chose to oppose them, and all they stand for.

That's democracy.

We all know you don't like democracy
That's why you are chosing to move to a country run by a military dictatorship

"We"? :ooer:
McAz

Postby Snookerballs » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:25 am

An Interesting " Spanner in the works" for Maybot on Tuesday in the Commons, the European Court has now ruled that the UK can halt the Brexit negotiations
Snookerballs

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:28 am

Snookerballs wrote:An Interesting " Spanner in the works" for Maybot on Tuesday in the Commons, the European Court has now ruled that the UK can halt the Brexit negotiations

If we did would Europe be right to send us the bill for the last two years of fucking about?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:48 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:An Interesting " Spanner in the works" for Maybot on Tuesday in the Commons, the European Court has now ruled that the UK can halt the Brexit negotiations

If we did would Europe be right to send us the bill for the last two years of fucking about?

That is a self nullifying argument.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Jon » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:24 pm

Apparently May has cancelled the vote :laughing:
Jon

Postby McAz » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:30 pm

Jon wrote:Apparently May has cancelled the vote :laughing:

And yet "Commons Brexit deal vote will definitely go ahead, says Gove".

It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.
McAz

Postby Jon » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:41 pm

Not entirely sure what her game plan is here. Is she hoping the EU will throw her a bone? The deal's already been signed.
Jon

Postby Snookerballs » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:42 pm

Jon wrote:Apparently May has cancelled the vote :laughing:

Now using the " Womens Prerogative " rights !!! :grrrrr:
Snookerballs

Postby McAz » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:46 pm

Jon wrote:Not entirely sure what her game plan is here. Is she hoping the EU will throw her a bone? The deal's already been signed.

Nor me, I cant read it all - but I know from my time as civil servant that things are rarely as they seem and that almost without exception the powerful get their way. One reason why I reject the Left's argument that leaving the EU is a blow against globalism.
McAz

Postby Jon » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:24 pm

McAz wrote:
Jon wrote:Not entirely sure what her game plan is here. Is she hoping the EU will throw her a bone? The deal's already been signed.

Nor me, I cant read it all - but I know from my time as civil servant that things are rarely as they seem and that almost without exception the powerful get their way. One reason why I reject the Left's argument that leaving the EU is a blow against globalism.

The only thing I can think of is that she's trying for an extension so we have time for another referendum. Instead of losing the vote and suffering all the consequences perhaps she's decided to put it to the people instead: her deal, or remain. Ehh who knows, all will become clear at 3:30pm.
Jon

Postby McAz » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:29 pm

Jon wrote:
McAz wrote:

The only thing I can think of is that she's trying for an extension so we have time for another referendum. Instead of losing the vote and suffering all the consequences perhaps she's decided to put it to the people instead: her deal, or remain. Ehh who knows, all will become clear at 3:30pm.

That would be an outcome I would happily support - but not one I dare to expect.
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs