Nowhere to put this tho' it IS political

Nowhere to put this tho' it IS political

Postby Grafenwalder » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:52 am

OK apols for sticking this here but there's no tv related sub forum and the subject topic IS political and factual.

I watched this last night on BBC2; Escape from Dubai: The Mystery of the missing Princess

It only happened in February this year but the documentary tells of events which led up to her eventual escape which was like something out of a Bond movie, and her capture. Latifa has not been seen or heard of since then and the 'selfie' she took in the car is the last known recorded image of her. But prior to her escape she made a video in case she was caught and entrusted it to a lawyer in America.

Another Khashoggi? Who knows? Her father does for sure - but he's not talking, not even to the UN. It's pretty chilling viewing and well worth watching.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bshk6s/escape-from-dubai-the-mystery-of-the-missing-princess?suggid=b0bshk6s
Grafenwalder

Re: Nowhere to put this tho' it IS political

Postby Maddog » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:57 pm

Never heard of her. It's odd how some stories get traction, and others are completely ignored.

Hopefully she's still alive.
Maddog

Postby Grafenwalder » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:47 pm

Maddog wrote:Never heard of her. It's odd how some stories get traction, and others are completely ignored.

Hopefully she's still alive.

Neither had i until this documentary was screened and i can't recall anything of it being reported on msm. The entire story is utterly bizarre. It's worth viewing if you can access it. Dubai government have now stated she is "safe and at home" and accused the French guy who aided her escape of kidnapping her! Her father meantime regularly mingles among high society and royalty, including our lot!

Human rights groups have accused Dubai authorities of forcibly disappearing Latifa and have repeatedly demanded answers.

Radha Stirling, CEO of Detained in Dubai, said: “When the BBC2 documentary airs, Latifa will have been missing for 277 days. The UAE has refused to acknowledge their illegal attack on the vessel from which she was abducted, and completely ignored a United Nations enquiry into her enforced disappearance,” she said.

“Given Latifa’s grave allegations against her father, Sheikh Mohammed, and considering the fate of Jamal Khashoggi at the hands of the UAE’s ally Saudi Arabia; we are deeply worried about Latifa’s welfare,” she added.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/06/dubai-says-missing-princess-safe-home-attempted-escape/

A brief outlay here on a BBC Newsnight clip;

Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:11 pm

I'm old enough to remember this:

History repeating itself.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Jon » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:16 pm

She's either dead or languishing in some nightmarish secret prison.
Jon

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:20 pm

Does anyone really care!
People go missing every day, In certain countries people who are anti government get snatched and are never seen again.
I'd say even the British government have done it. People form NI, Who were believed to be terrorists have vanished and never seen again. The Government colluded with loyalist groups to kill Catholics.
It's not new, and we certainly have no moral high ground. On the actions of others. The British are from superior! We led the world in killing people who opposed A British Regime

Postby Grafenwalder » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:32 pm

Guest wrote:Does anyone really care!
People go missing every day, In certain countries people who are anti government get snatched and are never seen again.
I'd say even the British government have done it. People form NI, Who were believed to be terrorists have vanished and never seen again. The Government colluded with loyalist groups to kill Catholics.
It's not new, and we certainly have no moral high ground. On the actions of others. The British are from superior! We led the world in killing people who opposed A British Regime

It goes on elsewhere for sure guesty though none like this case afaik. Can't really compare the NI "disappeared". To use a more fitting comparison it's like a member of UK royal family being "disappeared".
Grafenwalder

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:55 pm

If people stop caring it will get how much worse?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:24 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:If people stop caring it will get how much worse?

If Arabs don't care about what's going on in their neck of the woods, why should someone in the west?
I'm pretty sure there aren't many people out side of the UK, sitting at home wringing their hands about Brexit. Just as I don't really give a shit about what happens in Wales or Scotland.
And judging by the amount of responses here on this thread. The members don't give a fuck either.

Postby Grafenwalder » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:46 pm

Guest wrote:

If Arabs don't care about what's going on in their neck of the woods, why should someone in the west?
I'm pretty sure there aren't many people out side of the UK, sitting at home wringing their hands about Brexit. Just as I don't really give a shit about what happens in Wales or Scotland.
And judging by the amount of responses here on this thread. The members don't give a fuck either.

Yet you've 'cared' enough to come in and comment! :laughing:
Grafenwalder

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:39 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Guest wrote:

No, I don't care. Though you seem to. It's a forum you fucking numpty. If people don't reply to threads the forum would fold.
It's a past time, a hobby I don't care about forum or the threads when I hit the off button. You must be clicking on every 5 minutes to see if your Thread has got any more posts, because you want to be popular, sad cunt that you are. See I don't care about you!

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:33 pm

Guest wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Guest wrote:

No, I don't care. Though you seem to. It's a forum you fucking numpty. If people don't reply to threads the forum would fold.
It's a past time, a hobby I don't care about forum or the threads when I hit the off button. You must be clicking on every 5 minutes to see if your Thread has got any more posts, because you want to be popular, sad c**t that you are. See I don't care about you!

What a fucking dick.
Rolluplostinspace

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs