HERE COMES TREEZA

Re: HERE COMES TREEZA

Postby Fletch » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:48 pm

McAz wrote:
Fletch wrote:
McAz wrote:
Fletch wrote:No idea, where did the quote come from? maybe that will give you a clue. Was it the Tory party, the government, or individual opinions? :dunno:

Well, it won't be magicked out of thin air - it can only come from one place, ordinary people by taxation or further cuts to welfare provision.

But in the name of a non-binding consultation exercise that's okay apparently. :roll:

As to the claim's bona fides - are Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, and Priti Patel not the Tory Party/Government to ordinary folk?

Were they speaking on behalf of the government with those statements?

Like your binary choice for funding. :laughing:

The government's official position was to remain. They were speaking on behalf of the leave campaign - does that absolve them of their lies?

And where is the money coming from then, Fletch, if my binary choice is risible?

So opinions from a group in no position to enact anything.

What money for what? I didn't make the claim. :dunno:
Fletch

Postby McAz » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:49 pm

I'm off to do something more productive - but let me depart with more of the leave campaign's gems...

More money for the NHS

Vote Leave’s battle bus said: “We send the EU £350 million a week. Let’s fund our NHS instead”

“Instead of sending £350 million per week to Brussels, we will spend it on our priorities like the NHS and education.” – Vote Leave briefing

“After we Vote Leave on 23 June, the Government should use some of the billions saved from leaving the EU to give at least a £100 million per week cash transfusion to the NHS.” – Michael Gove, Boris Johnson, and Gisela Stuart

More money for farmers

“The UK government will continue to give farmers and the environment as much support – or perhaps even more – as they get now.” – George Eustice, Minister for Farming, Food and Marine Environment

More money for scientists

“If we Vote Leave, we will be able to increase funding to science and still save billions” –Vote Leave

More money in your pocket

“Wages will be higher for working people outside the EU… because pay will no longer be undercut by uncontrolled migration.” – Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, and Gisela Stuart

Scrapping VAT on fuel bills and tampons

“In 1993, VAT on household energy bills was imposed… When we Vote Leave, we will be able to scrap this unfair and damaging tax.” – Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, and Gisela Stuart

‘After we Vote Leave… We will need a carefully managed negotiation process and some major legislative changes before 2020, including taking real steps… to abolish VAT on fuel and tampons” – Chris Grayling

..Oh Albion, thou truly art God's own country..."and did those feet..." :pmsl:
McAz

Postby Fletch » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:51 pm

Cannydc wrote:"But were they speaking on behalf of the government or giving their independent opinion?"

What does it matter.

Government ministers are regarded as people who deserve to be listened to. They have the inside track on events that the rest of us can only dream of.

You saw the list - a veritable smorgasbord of bullshit, lies, half truths and exaggerations, all spoken by or sanctioned by Tory cabinet ministers. Is there any wonder many people, often with an inbuilt suspicion of all things EU fostered by the tabloids, swallowed the BS like manna from heaven ? They weren't being spoken to by individuals, they were being preached to by a collective with an agenda - Brexit at all costs.

It matters because you are arguing it can't be delivered yet the people claiming it were not in any position to deliver it anyway. Didn't you know that?

I didn't see a list. I paid no attention to any of the campaigns.
Fletch

Postby McAz » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:54 pm

Fletch wrote:I didn't see a list. I paid no attention to any of the campaigns.

Is that true for the Sunderland Massive who are going to pay for this folly?
McAz

Postby Fletch » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:56 pm

McAz wrote:
Fletch wrote:I didn't see a list. I paid no attention to any of the campaigns.

Is that true for the Sunderland Massive who are going to pay for this folly?

No idea.

In my case, yes. The only things I saw where pics of buses, rallies and posts about it.

Anyone taking notice of campaigning needs to give their head a wobble.
Fletch

Postby Cannydc » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:57 pm

Fletch wrote:
Cannydc wrote:"But were they speaking on behalf of the government or giving their independent opinion?"

What does it matter.

Government ministers are regarded as people who deserve to be listened to. They have the inside track on events that the rest of us can only dream of.

You saw the list - a veritable smorgasbord of bullshit, lies, half truths and exaggerations, all spoken by or sanctioned by Tory cabinet ministers. Is there any wonder many people, often with an inbuilt suspicion of all things EU fostered by the tabloids, swallowed the BS like manna from heaven ? They weren't being spoken to by individuals, they were being preached to by a collective with an agenda - Brexit at all costs.

It matters because you are arguing it can't be delivered yet the people claiming it were not in any position to deliver it anyway. Didn't you know that?

Of course they were in a position to deliver their BS claims (were any to prove true) - they were GOVERNMENT MINISTERS....

(The list I referred to were my posts showing who claimed what)
Cannydc

Postby Fletch » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:03 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Fletch wrote:

What does it matter.

Of course they were in a position to deliver their BS claims (were any to prove true) - they were GOVERNMENT MINISTERS....

Were they speaking as government ministers on behalf of the government?

Anyone ever told you, you shouldn't believe everything you read (hear)?

Political campaigning falls straight in to that category.
Fletch

Postby Cannydc » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:23 pm

Fletch wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Fletch wrote:

What does it matter.

Were they speaking as government ministers on behalf of the government?

Anyone ever told you, you shouldn't believe everything you read (hear)?

Political campaigning falls straight in to that category.

You seriously believe that Joe Punter cared ?

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: Seriously ???
Cannydc

Postby Jon » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:07 pm

Her approval ratings have gone up to their highest since she became PM https://news.sky.com/story/poll-gives-t ... m-11582440

Not sure how that's possible tbh :ooer:
Jon

Postby MungoBrush » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:23 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Fletch wrote:

What does it matter.

You did know that the chairman of "Vote Leave" was Gisela Stuart quoted above
She is a Labour MP?
MungoBrush

Postby McAz » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:26 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Fletch wrote:

What does it matter.

She is a Labour MP?

So what, Bango? :scratch:
McAz

Postby MungoBrush » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:33 pm

McAz wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Fletch wrote:

What does it matter.

She is a Labour MP?

The "so what" is your earlier post at 9:49pm quoting Gisela Stuart as one of the Leave campaigns "gems"
MungoBrush

Postby McAz » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:42 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
McAz wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:She is a Labour MP?

The "so what" is your earlier post at 9:49pm quoting Gisela Stuart as one of the Leave campaigns "gems"

So what, Bungle, shouldn't I? :scratch:
McAz

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs