Drone attack?

Re: Drone attack?

Postby Maddog » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:21 pm

This is obviously an alien invasion. :ooer:
Maddog

Postby Grafenwalder » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:00 pm

The Gatwick drone couple have said they feel "completely violated" and currently receiving medical care.

"Our home has been searched and our privacy and identity completely exposed. Our names, photos and other personal information have been broadcast throughout the world."

I expect they will be taking legal action. Maybe, just maybe, this case might finally put an end to this 'guilty before charged naming and shaming' culture which has spiraled out of control. Something needs to be done.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/1 ... stigation/
Grafenwalder

Postby Maddog » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:05 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:The Gatwick drone couple have said they feel "completely violated" and currently receiving medical care.

"Our home has been searched and our privacy and identity completely exposed. Our names, photos and other personal information have been broadcast throughout the world."

I expect they will be taking legal action. Maybe, just maybe, this case might finally put an end to this 'guilty before charged naming and shaming' culture which has spiraled out of control. Something needs to be done.

It's why I get pissed when people say, "tell it to the judge", or "go have your day in court". By then, you may be broke, and your name tarnished.

I would prefer that judges on cops actually require actionable, reasonable suspicion.

Look at the #metoo movement. You will suffer with the mere suggestion that you did something wrong, 20 years ago.
Maddog

Postby Grafenwalder » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:31 pm

Maddog wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:The Gatwick drone couple have said they feel "completely violated" and currently receiving medical care.

It's why I get pissed when people say, "tell it to the judge", or "go have your day in court". By then, you may be broke, and your name tarnished.

I would prefer that judges on cops actually require actionable, reasonable suspicion.

Look at the #metoo movement. You will suffer with the mere suggestion that you did something wrong, 20 years ago.

It's got worse here and yes that #metoo business has no doubt done way more damage than good. Too many names being bandied around and due process seems to have been thrown out the window altogether.

This case isn't as serious as some we've had which involved false allegations of sexual assault and/or rape but hopefully it might wake government up into laying the law down on disclosure and ensuring this nonsense isn't repeated. The worst we had involved wrongful allegation of murder and the guy was 'found guilty' and 'charged' by the media purely by police taking him in for questioning. Even the public were content to 'convict' based on the trash the media pumped out and that he was considered slightly eccentric. That's enough for some folk to point the finger now.
Grafenwalder

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:23 pm

Cannydc wrote:Sussex police have now confirmed that there were actually 67 sightings of drones - having previously cast doubt on genuine drone activity...

And you automatically after all the bullshit and idiocy believe this story?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Fletch » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:51 pm

Drone detection systems can now be used across UK, says minister after Gatwick flight chaos

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 98631.html

And now we get the start of the quid pro quo.

I've often said the play book never changes...
Fletch

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:59 pm

They’re really milking the wrongful arrest thing.
Lady Murasaki

Postby LordRaven » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:27 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:They’re really milking the wrongful arrest thing.

Nice bit of compo? Why not? :smilin:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:26 pm

So now all across the UK airports will have the technology to stop this shit.
Was this an advertising event to get the tax payer to pay for it by any chance?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Grafenwalder » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:33 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:They’re really milking the wrongful arrest thing.

Nice bit of compo? Why not? :smilin:

I'd milk them for every penny i could and feel no shame in that either. A lawyer spoke on the radio about it and said they're entitled to sue every media source which published their names and photographs. I think most would try and settle out of court though i'd be tempted to refuse that and push for the absolute max.
Grafenwalder

Postby Fletch » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:42 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:So now all across the UK airports will have the technology to stop this shit.
Was this an advertising event to get the tax payer to pay for it by any chance?

Behind closed doors:

"You give us a reason to authorise it and we'll deliver. Make it good though"
Fletch

Postby Cannydc » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:33 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Sussex police have now confirmed that there were actually 67 sightings of drones - having previously cast doubt on genuine drone activity...

That the police have obtained witness statements from 67 separate people stating that they saw a drone ?

Yes.

Why would they say 67 if the story is a lie - weight of numbers more convincing ????
Cannydc

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:38 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

That the police have obtained witness statements from 67 separate people stating that they saw a drone ?

Yes.

Why would they say 67 if the story is a lie - weight of numbers more convincing ????

I'm not sure Canny because the story seems to be changing every five minutes.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:48 pm

I'm almost disappointed there hasn't been any fresh news on the Gatwick drone. Maybe it was an Amazon cock up but i'm not sure if this wacko idea ever took off?

Grafenwalder

Postby Fletch » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:53 pm

Controlling stake in Gatwick Airport sold to French firm Vinci just days after drone fiasco caused Christmas chaos for thousands

A 50.01% stake in Gatwick Airport has been sold to France's Vinci for £2.9 billion

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/marke ... iasco.html

eyebrow
Fletch

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs