Trusting authority.

Trusting authority.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:17 pm

Why would you?
Some of you seem to trust them before all else.
Rolluplostinspace

Re: Trusting authority.

Postby Fletch » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:42 pm

I never have trusted them, not any of them from a young age.

People don't seem to understand the media carries the establishment narratives, not the facts. That's why we get 'last hospital in Aleppo', or 'white helmets are a civilian rescue group doing good work' or barrel bombs and chemical attacks. WMD's, 'killing his own people', 'threat to the country', 'intercepted Russian bomber' (in international airspace :roll: ) and all the rest of the made up stuff.

I notice the mainstream media fans are absent from the latest revelations in the Tory funded smear campaign group thread as well...
Fletch

Postby Jon » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:56 pm

When it comes to people, trust is a bullshit word. Sometimes people say you can only really trust yourself, but we are flawed and make mistakes. Humans are not trustworthy.
Jon

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:58 pm

Oddly enough, I do trust them. I know from working for the gov't that anyone who wants to know something about you can know. There's really no point in worrying, they'll know that too if you need to see a doctor about it. :laughing:
McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:08 pm

McAz wrote:Oddly enough, I do trust them. I know from working for the gov't that anyone who wants to know something about you can know. There's really no point in worrying, they'll know that too if you need to see a doctor about it. :laughing:

You believed all that WMD stuff and the 45 minutes bollox?
That Gadaffi was attacking his own people whilst dishing out a million Kalashnikovs and ammo and telling the world this was not the Libyan people but alCIAda?
You believed them and trusted them on that? :yikes:
Rolluplostinspace

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:10 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
McAz wrote:Oddly enough, I do trust them. I know from working for the gov't that anyone who wants to know something about you can know. There's really no point in worrying, they'll know that too if you need to see a doctor about it. :laughing:

That Gadaffi was attacking his own people whilst dishing out a million Kalashnikovs and ammo and telling the world this was not the Libyan people but alCIAda?
You believed them and trusted them on that?

No of course I didn't - I was referring to personal data. :roll:

In terms of gov't statements, press releases etc, almost nothing is what it seems.
McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:12 pm

McAz wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

In terms of gov't statements, press releases etc, almost nothing is what it seems.

Thank God for that I was a bit worried there.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:15 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
McAz wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Thank God for that I was a bit worried there.

I'm not that gone. :laughing:
McAz

Postby Fletch » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:20 pm

Noam Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent Revisited

There is an exquisite and oft-quoted moment in an interview between BBC journalist Andrew Marr and Noam Chomsky in which Marr asks: "How can you know that I'm self-censoring?".

"I'm not saying you're self censoring. I'm sure you believe everything you're saying. But what I'm saying is that if you believed something different, you wouldn't be sitting where you're sitting."

Wry as ever, Chomsky exposed the slightly delusional pretensions of the journalistic establishment - and not far behind, the complicities of the media industry with political power.

Harsh? Perhaps. True? All too often.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/50825.htm

Worth a read.
Fletch

Postby Bella » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:23 pm

Regarding medical advice I've lost all trust, Re Ohs prostate cancer, hes been offered a biopsy from local surgery whilst he's already had one and now started treatment.(Another Dr did apologize) Also given one months too many hormone pills and after notifying them offered another months supply. Also giving up a days work for hormone implant and they dint' have it in, so one more day off work ... so fucking stressful !!
Bella

Postby Maddog » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:28 pm

Bella wrote:Regarding medical advice I've lost all trust, Re Ohs prostate cancer, hes been offered a biopsy from local surgery whilst he's already had one and now started treatment.(Another Dr did apologize) Also given one months too many hormone pills and after notifying them offered another months supply. Also giving up a days work for hormone implant and they dint' have it in, so one more day off work ... so fucking stressful !!

I was going to mention that medical advice is too important to trust to a government authority, but now this popped up. I hope it all works out for him.
Maddog

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:30 pm

Bella wrote:Regarding medical advice I've lost all trust, Re Ohs prostate cancer, hes been offered a biopsy from local surgery whilst he's already had one and now started treatment.(Another Dr did apologize) Also given one months too many hormone pills and after notifying them offered another months supply. Also giving up a days work for hormone implant and they dint' have it in, so one more day off work ... so fucking stressful !!

Sorry to hear that, Bella - stay strong and try to have a good Xmas.
McAz

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:32 pm

Maddog wrote:

I was going to mention that medical advice is too important to trust to a government authority, but now this popped up. I hope it all works out for him.

The gov't can access data from almost anywhere (and that includes private concerns) - trust them or don't trust them, they don't care.
McAz

Postby Bella » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:46 pm

McAz wrote:

Sorry to hear that, Bella - stay strong and try to have a good Xmas.

Dreading January to be honest, Kendal to Preston every day for a month for radiotherapy but will try to make it brighter by visiting new places etc.
Bella

Postby Fletch » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:48 pm

Hope you get things sorted Bella and good wishes to him. Medical advice is largely governed by the pharmaceutical industry. Doctors may know what is wrong but they have to follow whatever guidelines and medicines exist. Thee is also the question of lobbying, collusion amongst drug manufacturers and deals done with surgery groups. As Jack has said, it's better to have people surviving on regular medication than it is to cure them.
Last edited by Fletch on Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fletch

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs