Channel migrants declared major incident

Re: Channel migrants declared major incident

Postby MungoBrush » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:58 pm

Red Okktober wrote:You're going to have a long wait canny, as illegal immigrants don't get charged for being an 'illegal immigrant' - ( :gigglesnshit: ) they get charged for breaking immigration laws. 'Illegal immigrant' ' is an umbrella term for those who break such laws.

Click on the PDF file in the following link for the Crown Prosecution Service, for a list of the most commonly prosecuted immigration crimes, and the maximum sentences handed out for each one.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/publication/immi ... nces-annex

Why do you have so much love for criminals?


I can't understand him either
I've already posted similar links to government web sites which he has chosen to ignore.

What do you think the odds are that all those civil servants who created the official immigration web sites and all those immigration lawyers who checked all of the wording are wrong, and only Cannydc and McAz are correct?
User avatar
MungoBrush
 
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:03 pm

Re: Channel migrants declared major incident

Postby Cannydc » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Red Okktober wrote:You're going to have a long wait canny, as illegal immigrants don't get charged for being an 'illegal immigrant' - ( :gigglesnshit: ) they get charged for breaking immigration laws. 'Illegal immigrant' ' is an umbrella term for those who break such laws.

Click on the PDF file in the following link for the Crown Prosecution Service, for a list of the most commonly prosecuted immigration crimes, and the maximum sentences handed out for each one.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/publication/immi ... nces-annex

Why do you have so much love for criminals?


Why have you and your far right cronies, plus those who simply lack any brain cells (Bungle) eschewed the British values of fairness, decency and justice ? Do you really hate your country so much, or are you simply driven by the dogmatic hatred offered up by so many of our tabloids ?

And when is the example of a migrant being removed from Kent beaches and charged with being an illegal immigrant coming ?
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 12881
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: Channel migrants declared major incident

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:22 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Keep the trolling to the arms Mac.

Of course people enter the country illegally if they haven’t been through the proper channels. Not everyone who enters is seeking refuge.

Sadly, you are turning out to be as daft as Bongo and Firestarter...

...that fact remains that people seeking refuge in this country are not criminal by doing so, no matter how they enter the country.

HTH. :thumbsup:


You don’t know they’re seeking refuge until they go through the process though. Assuming everyone who enters is an asylum seeker is either extremely naive or you trolling.


Absolutely correct, Lady M.

Hence it is incumbent upon the immigration authorities to ascertain without delay why they are here, and what their plans are regarding asylum or other applications. Those procedures are laid down under international treaty, and DO NOT (Bungle) criminalise the migrant.


I agree.

What about those who have no intention of going through the immigration authorities? They aren’t just seeking refuge.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 26471
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Channel migrants declared major incident

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:25 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Keep the trolling to the arms Mac.

Of course people enter the country illegally if they haven’t been through the proper channels. Not everyone who enters is seeking refuge.

Sadly, you are turning out to be as daft as Bongo and Firestarter...

...that fact remains that people seeking refuge in this country are not criminal by doing so, no matter how they enter the country.

HTH. :thumbsup:


You don’t know they’re seeking refuge until they go through the process though. Assuming everyone who enters is an asylum seeker is either extremely naive or you trolling.


Absolutely correct, Lady M.

Hence it is incumbent upon the immigration authorities to ascertain without delay why they are here, and what their plans are regarding asylum or other applications. Those procedures are laid down under international treaty, and DO NOT (Bungle) criminalise the migrant.


I agree.

What about those who have no intention of going through the immigration authorities? They aren’t just seeking refuge.

How do you know what they're seeking?
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 32842
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Channel migrants declared major incident

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:26 pm

Because I know.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 26471
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Channel migrants declared major incident

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:27 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Because I know.

How?
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 32842
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Channel migrants declared major incident

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:30 pm

How do you think?
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 26471
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Channel migrants declared major incident

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:32 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:How do you think?


You're a people smuggler? :dunno:
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 32842
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Channel migrants declared major incident

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:35 pm

They’re the ones exploiting the situation but the way the migrants enter a country is a big clue.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 26471
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Channel migrants declared major incident

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:40 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:They’re the ones exploiting the situation but the way the migrants enter a country is a big clue.


Not under international law it isn't - because "Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution" irrespective of how they enter a country.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 32842
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Channel migrants declared major incident

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:46 pm

McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:They’re the ones exploiting the situation but the way the migrants enter a country is a big clue.


Not under international law it isn't - because "Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution" irrespective of how they enter a country.


You like going in circles don’t you?
If they’re escaping persecution it will be established through the correct channels.
Why are they trying to bypass those channels? They aren’t doing legitimate asylum seekers any favours. It just feeds into the far right narrative of all immigrants being criminally minded.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 26471
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Channel migrants declared major incident

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:51 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:They’re the ones exploiting the situation but the way the migrants enter a country is a big clue.


Not under international law it isn't - because "Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution" irrespective of how they enter a country.


You like going in circles don’t you?
If they’re escaping persecution it will be established through the correct channels.
Why are they trying to bypass those channels? They aren’t doing legitimate asylum seekers any favours. It just feeds into the far right narrative of all immigrants being criminally minded.


On this thread and elsewhere the far-right have branded the migrants from France as criminals because they seek to enter the country by other means. They are not criminals for doing that, as Canny and I have shown.

It is you who feed the far-right narrative by siding with them. :shake head:
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 32842
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Channel migrants declared major incident

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:57 pm

McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:They’re the ones exploiting the situation but the way the migrants enter a country is a big clue.


Not under international law it isn't - because "Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution" irrespective of how they enter a country.


You like going in circles don’t you?
If they’re escaping persecution it will be established through the correct channels.
Why are they trying to bypass those channels? They aren’t doing legitimate asylum seekers any favours. It just feeds into the far right narrative of all immigrants being criminally minded.


On this thread and elsewhere the far-right have declared the migrants from France to be criminals because they seek enter the country by other mean. They are not criminals for doing that, as Canny and I have shown.

It is you who feed the far-right narrative by siding with them. :shake head:


Yeah? Sorry about that but I have a mind of my own and am as far away from extremists of any ilk as it’s possible to be.
And I don’t just do it for shits n giggles, you’ve proven lately that you don’t really stand for anything you claim to.
It’s you feeding their narrative by pretending something that happens doesn’t happen. Lies don’t help.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 26471
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Channel migrants declared major incident

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:57 pm

McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:They’re the ones exploiting the situation but the way the migrants enter a country is a big clue.


Not under international law it isn't - because "Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution" irrespective of how they enter a country.


You like going in circles don’t you?
If they’re escaping persecution it will be established through the correct channels.
Why are they trying to bypass those channels? They aren’t doing legitimate asylum seekers any favours. It just feeds into the far right narrative of all immigrants being criminally minded.


On this thread and elsewhere the far-right have branded the migrants from France as criminals because they seek to enter the country by other means. They are not criminals for doing that, as Canny and I have shown.

It is you who feed the far-right narrative by siding with them. :shake head:

Are you happy to invite them in your home?
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Channel migrants declared major incident

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:04 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:They’re the ones exploiting the situation but the way the migrants enter a country is a big clue.


Not under international law it isn't - because "Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution" irrespective of how they enter a country.


You like going in circles don’t you?
If they’re escaping persecution it will be established through the correct channels.
Why are they trying to bypass those channels? They aren’t doing legitimate asylum seekers any favours. It just feeds into the far right narrative of all immigrants being criminally minded.


On this thread and elsewhere the far-right have declared the migrants from France to be criminals because they seek enter the country by other mean. They are not criminals for doing that, as Canny and I have shown.

It is you who feed the far-right narrative by siding with them. :shake head:


Yeah? Sorry about that but I have a mind of my own and am as far away from extremists of any ilk as it’s possible to be.
And I don’t just do it for shits n giggles, you’ve proven lately that you don’t really stand for anything you claim to.
It’s you feeding their narrative by pretending something that happens doesn’t happen. Lies don’t help.


Having a mind of your own means supporting facts not emotional prejudices. In respect of this point the facts are that the migrants from France are not criminals simply because they seek to enter the country.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 32842
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests