Conspiracy Theorists Just Want to Feel Special

Re: Conspiracy Theorists Just Want to Feel Special

Postby Cobs » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:54 pm

I've been on the right side and wrong side of a few in my time.
You live and learn but the twisty ones can be righteous edge cases worthy of an internet diagnosis.
Cobs

Postby McAz » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:09 pm

LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
Maddog wrote:
McAz wrote:I thought we'd transcended weaponizing mental illness. :shake head:

Is dicussing it the same as weaponizing it?

Is this a taboo topic that shouldn't be discussed?

LordRaven wrote:
Maddog wrote:This is the problem. the evidence is part of the conspiracy and producing it makes people feel more strongly about their conspiracy theory. It's a waste of time on people with a mental illness.

Agreed. It explains so much of what we see here.

We are all nuts, but by varying degrees. I can't see a problem with it. Calling people a spastic is not on though imo. :smilin:

That is not the same. Exploiting mental illness is every bit as bad as mocking the physically disabled.
McAz

Postby LordRaven » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:13 pm

McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
Maddog wrote:
McAz wrote:I thought we'd transcended weaponizing mental illness. :shake head:

Is dicussing it the same as weaponizing it?

Is this a taboo topic that shouldn't be discussed?

LordRaven wrote:
Maddog wrote:This is the problem. the evidence is part of the conspiracy and producing it makes people feel more strongly about their conspiracy theory. It's a waste of time on people with a mental illness.

Agreed. It explains so much of what we see here.

We are all nuts, but by varying degrees. I can't see a problem with it. Calling people a spastic is not on though imo. :smilin:

That is not the same. Exploiting mental illness is every bit as bad as mocking the physically disabled.

Agreed, that is why I really cannot comprehend any poster getting away with endlessly calling other posters a spastic
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby McAz » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:19 pm

LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:We are all nuts, but by varying degrees. I can't see a problem with it. Calling people a spastic is not on though imo. :smilin:

Agreed, that is why I really cannot comprehend any poster getting away with endlessly calling other posters a spastic

That's between you and them. My concern here is the weaponisation of mental illness.
McAz

Postby LordRaven » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:26 pm

McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:We are all nuts, but by varying degrees. I can't see a problem with it. Calling people a spastic is not on though imo. :smilin:

That's between you and them. My concern here is the weaponisation of mental illness.

A wonderful thought and a good challenge to take up but a rather impractical one given what we all know what happens on forums.
The WMD's of forums are and always have been accusations of alcohol abuse followed by illiteracy and then by mental illness, it seems standard and it is a well worn set of insults designed to try and win some supposed argument on forums --which in itself is a ridiculous concept.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby McAz » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:29 pm

LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:

A wonderful thought and a good challenge to take up but a rather impractical one given what we all know what happens on forums.
The WMD's of forums are and always have been accusations of alcohol abuse followed illiteracy and then by mental illness, it seems standard and it is a well worn set of insults designed to try and win some supposed argument on forums --which in itself is a ridiculous concept.

Drug (including alcohol) abuse is self-inflicted, mental and physical illnesses are not. Call out people for what they do, not for what has been done to them.
McAz

Postby LordRaven » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:32 pm

McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:That is not the same. Exploiting mental illness is every bit as bad as mocking the physically disabled.

The WMD's of forums are and always have been accusations of alcohol abuse followed illiteracy and then by mental illness, it seems standard and it is a well worn set of insults designed to try and win some supposed argument on forums --which in itself is a ridiculous concept.

Drug (including alcohol) abuse is self-inflicted, mental and physical illnesses are not. Call out people for what they do, not for what has been done to them.

Do you think people who do such are suffering mental impairment?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby McAz » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:37 pm

LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:Drug (including alcohol) abuse is self-inflicted, mental and physical illnesses are not. Call out people for what they do, not for what has been done to them.

Not necessarily, depends on the drug, dosage and their tolerance.
McAz

Postby LordRaven » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:41 pm

McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:Drug (including alcohol) abuse is self-inflicted, mental and physical illnesses are not. Call out people for what they do, not for what has been done to them.

Varying degrees of mental impairment? Agreed, we all suffer at different levels on any different day and hence I posted earlier we are all mentally impaired at different levels for one reason or another.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby McAz » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:43 pm

LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Varying degrees of mental impairment? Agreed, we all suffer at different levels on any different day and hence I posted earlier we are all mentally impaired at different levels for one reason or another.

We don't all suffer mental or physical illness though and therefore weaponizing those conditions is not on.
McAz

Postby LordRaven » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:45 pm

McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

We don't all suffer mental or physical illness though and therefore weaponizing those conditions is not on.

You seem rather upset, I have no wish to pry because its none of my business, but don't you think you are taking MD's comments a bit too seriously?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby McAz » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:48 pm

LordRaven wrote:You seem rather upset, I have no wish to pry because its none of my business, but don't you think you are taking MD's comments a bit too seriously?

I am always upset when people exploit the mental and physically disadvantaged and ill - and I hope I always will be. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby LordRaven » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:07 am

McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:You seem rather upset, I have no wish to pry because its none of my business, but don't you think you are taking MD's comments a bit too seriously?

I am always upset when people exploit the mental and physically disadvantaged and ill - and I hope I always will be. :thumbsup:

So this emoji :off head: upsets you?
Fine, demand it is withdrawn
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby McAz » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:18 am

LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:

So this emoji :off head: upsets you?
Fine, demand it is withdrawn

As I explained to you in another thread...

McAz wrote:As to the emoji :off head: - I take it to mean "your thinking is crazy (in the sense of irrational)" not that "I'm belittling you because you suffer from schizophrenia or some other mental illness or condition". But if that is what it means to you then when you use it then you demean yourself not your victim.
McAz

Postby Fletch » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:51 am

Don't think there are any conspiracy theories on here, are there?

Some ideas in the drone thread might be called conspiracy theories but can't think of any other threads featuring them.

:dunno:
Fletch

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs