Bulger Killers film

Bulger Killers film

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:29 pm

Director Vincent Lamb has today been promoting his new film...

Called "Detainment" it's a "factual dramatisation" of the killing of Little James Bulger and susbsequent detainment and questioning of his young murderers.

Former detective superintendent Albert Kirby Who led the murder investigation says that the only award that the film deserves is a "slap in the face with a wet Echo" and I have to agree.

Surely some things should just be left alone for the sake of human decency and compassion?

Re: Bulger Killers film

Postby Maddog » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:10 pm

Guest wrote:Director Vincent Lamb has today been promoting his new film...

Called "Detainment" it's a "factual dramatisation" of the killing of Little James Bulger and susbsequent detainment and questioning of his young murderers.

Former detective superintendent Albert Kirby Who led the murder investigation says that the only award that the film deserves is a "slap in the face with a wet Echo" and I have to agree.

Surely some things should just be left alone for the sake of human decency and compassion?

I have never watched "Schindler's List". I know what happened, and don't need it played out in front of me on the screen. "Sophie's Choice" fucked me up for about 24 hours, and I don't think that actually happened (although I'm sure something very close to it did).

But, I guess there are folks that will want to see this for whatever reason, and I guess that's OK. However, I'm sure there are people very close to this case that probably wish it were to be left alone.
Maddog

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:40 pm

I couldn’t ever choose to watch a child being abused.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Grafenwalder » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:04 pm

This is one that should be for sure. A documentary is fine though there has been a few too many of them on the subject imo. I don't see the need to 'dramatise' it at all though one reason could be the publics continued obsession with the identities of Venables and Thompson.
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:18 pm

Maddog wrote:

I have never watched "Schindler's List". I know what happened, and don't need it played out in front of me on the screen. "Sophie's Choice" fucked me up for about 24 hours, and I don't think that actually happened (although I'm sure something very close to it did).

You should. It really is a movie classic and Liam Neesons acting is right up there at the very top, as also is that of Ralph Fiennnes who played the very difficult part of Amon Goeth. They brought the characters to life and as the real life daughter of Amon Goeth brought herself to watch it, so should you.

This is Amon Goeths daughter, Monika Hertwig, talking about that and the brilliant documentary "Inheritance" which brought her and Helena Jonas together. I still find this clip difficult to watch but it's essential.

Grafenwalder

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs