Coming back from death

Re: Coming back from death

Postby art0hur0moh » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:27 am

McAz wrote:Daoism, said by some to be at least as old as Yahweh's mob, has no god at all.

Dao, means the way!
art0hur0moh

Postby Cannydc » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:12 am

"carbon dating is inaccurate! the Earth is older than igneous rocks and rocks have no carbon anyway, they are silicon! an account you agree with through empirical evidence is recorded 4,000 years ago. and they are talk bollocks :shake head: it was Constantine who separated the church. and You are trying to tell me the Chinese don't burn money for their loved ones in Heaven? or the Indians don't follow the teachings of the Vedas that is near half the worlds population already and nothing to do with orthodox monotheistic religious philosophies. at this point it is clearly evident, You haven't got a clue what You are talking about!

I suppose You are under the ridiculous premise an Ape fell out a tree, said "fuck that, I ain't going back up there," and walked off into the Sunset? You do know the tower of Babel was to be constructed using bricks which would result in the structure being 2 miles high? what inherent trait in Humanity would cause Peoples languages to change (I recommend You consider the accents across the u.k to formulate a theory)?"

Art, you can deny science all you like, but it will come back with the ultimate truths in the end. Your quotes on stuff like Babel are man-made constructs of fables - you might as well be stating that Rumplestiltskin was real. And if you are referring to your ape story as a way of ridiculing the process (a proven process by the way) of evolution and instead suggesting that some God created everything in a week, you have joined the idiotic creationists across the pond.

I make one apology too - I lazily mis-spoke by using the term carbon dating (used for carbon based objects up to 50k years old) and should have said Radiometric Dating. Dating can now be performed on samples as small as a nanogram using a mass spectrometer. And an accuracy of better than +/- 500k years over a timespan of 4bn years is fairly sufficient.

Finally, Chinese burn money ('good paper') to ensure that the spirit of the deceased has lots of good things in the afterlife. Their concept, Art, but emphatically neither heaven nor hell, and certainly no more real. Just another human construct by those with no concept of eternal nothingness, and desperate (and scared) enough to invent a comfort blanket of an afterlife.
Cannydc

Postby art0hur0moh » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:49 am

Cannydc wrote:"carbon dating is inaccurate! the Earth is older than igneous rocks and rocks have no carbon anyway, they are silicon! an account you agree with through empirical evidence is recorded 4,000 years ago. and they are talk bollocks :shake head: it was Constantine who separated the church. and You are trying to tell me the Chinese don't burn money for their loved ones in Heaven? or the Indians don't follow the teachings of the Vedas that is near half the worlds population already and nothing to do with orthodox monotheistic religious philosophies. at this point it is clearly evident, You haven't got a clue what You are talking about!

I suppose You are under the ridiculous premise an Ape fell out a tree, said "fuck that, I ain't going back up there," and walked off into the Sunset? You do know the tower of Babel was to be constructed using bricks which would result in the structure being 2 miles high? what inherent trait in Humanity would cause Peoples languages to change (I recommend You consider the accents across the u.k to formulate a theory)?"

Art, you can deny science all you like, but it will come back with the ultimate truths in the end. Your quotes on stuff like Babel are man-made constructs of fables - you might as well be stating that Rumplestiltskin was real. And if you are referring to your ape story as a way of ridiculing the process (a proven process by the way) of evolution and instead suggesting that some God created everything in a week, you have joined the idiotic creationists across the pond.

I make one apology too - I lazily mis-spoke by using the term carbon dating (used for carbon based objects up to 50k years old) and should have said Radiometric Dating. Dating can now be performed on samples as small as a nanogram using a mass spectrometer. And an accuracy of better than +/- 500k years over a timespan of 4bn years is fairly sufficient.

Finally, Chinese burn money ('good paper') to ensure that the spirit of the deceased has lots of good things in the afterlife. Their concept, Art, but emphatically neither heaven nor hell, and certainly no more real. Just another human construct by those with no concept of eternal nothingness, and desperate (and scared) enough to invent a comfort blanket of an afterlife.

I haven't denied observation! You have!

I have done these things! before coming across this video today! not to the same degree, but I do have an intrinsic comprehension!
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:56 am

art0hur0moh wrote:
Cannydc wrote:"carbon dating is inaccurate! the Earth is older than igneous rocks and rocks have no carbon anyway, they are silicon! an account you agree with through empirical evidence is recorded 4,000 years ago. and they are talk bollocks :shake head: it was Constantine who separated the church. and You are trying to tell me the Chinese don't burn money for their loved ones in Heaven? or the Indians don't follow the teachings of the Vedas that is near half the worlds population already and nothing to do with orthodox monotheistic religious philosophies. at this point it is clearly evident, You haven't got a clue what You are talking about!

I haven't denied observation! You have!

I have done these things! before coming across this video today! not to the same degree, but I do have an intrinsic comprehension!

My philosophy is centered around "when things are easy, make it harder. so when things are hard they become easier."
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:20 am

the reason We have different accents is due to the environments We grow up in or are exposed to. Based on that science! Miners speak differently from farmers and farmers speak differently from city dwellers. Professions become secretive so their skill set is exclusive (basic marketing strategy) and the highest income can be asked and given. Builders and merchants, beauticians and carpenters, farmers and potters, etc... become separated in the languages they speak! over a few generations, People are no longer able to communicate with each other in a constructive way. and society disintegrates as People realize they get no value from being part of the disintegrating social construct before People start fighting for resources.
art0hur0moh

Postby McAz » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:25 am

art0hur0moh wrote:
McAz wrote:Daoism, said by some to be at least as old as Yahweh's mob, has no god at all.

Dao, means the way!

It does, Art.

It also means that which begat, and is beyond, the three, the two, and the one.
McAz

Postby Cannydc » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:10 pm

McAz wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:

Dao, means the way!

It does, Art.

Tell that to Ted Rogers...

Cannydc

Postby McAz » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:14 pm

Cannydc wrote:
McAz wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:

Dao, means the way!

It does, Art.

Tell that to Ted Rogers...

:laughing:

The Dao as Dusty Bin - what a concept.
McAz

Postby Jon » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:43 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:but it doesn't explain People seeing bald heads or shoes on roofs

This has actually been tested, many times. I remember some hospitals placing pictures above the patient with only the underside of the picture visible from below. None who reported out-of-body experiences were able to describe the pictures.
Jon

Postby art0hur0moh » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:18 pm

Jon wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:but it doesn't explain People seeing bald heads or shoes on roofs

This has actually been tested, many times. I remember some hospitals placing pictures above the patient with only the underside of the picture visible from below. None who reported out-of-body experiences were able to describe the pictures.

maybe they were not instructed to look at the pictures with the intention of remembering the picture? still, it doesn't invalidate the times it does happen! also, they may not have described the photo, but other things that were more relevant to them! in modern studies, if the patient deviates from working within the limited spectrum of the experiment the conclusion is it failed, even if the patient went into extream details about everything else in the room.

the military has been studying these elements for a long time, I would rather see their experiments with proper controls. the late 1800s america they learned why native scouts where so reliable and effective!
art0hur0moh

Postby calitom » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:04 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
calitom wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:She probably had some brain damage from those seizures in her twenties.

that could be the reason She was impoverished the rest of Her life? most People where illiterate and relied heavily on the ministerial interpretation. I was reading not long ago that wealth is the reward for faithful and diligent Godly service. I was intrigued why a Woman needs to have a hoop in Her nose? curious if that is from indian origin? though hindu seem to require the nostrils be pierced. as yet I never found out why?

I don’t know why some people have nose piercing, same as ear piercings I suppose but cultural, ie. others around them do it.

Christina jumped into fires and some dangerous stuff so I’m guessing there was some brain damage there. May also be why she was impoverished. A lot of homeless folks have PTSD and find it difficult to lead a conventional life.

did you not read about her death experience? if you did you would knows that the homelessness was a very minor inconvenience to her in relation to the good she was doing relieving the suffering of those in purgatory. That's how intense the experience was for her.

There are many accounts of those who have died and have been given the choice whether or not to return to earth to continue some sort of spiritual work.
her account was not greatly different than others who have experienced this. -So to claim that this was all caused by brain damage assumes that many many people suffered just the same brain damage as she did to experience the same brain damaged thoughts that she did. ...That line of reasoning makes no sense.
In addition she was a religious--who even before this seizure was living a life of prayer,works,poverty and penance in the service of God. Its not as if any of those things changed. They just became more urgent...and for very good reason.

It was specifically those dangerous things she did and her seizures that makes me wonder if she was brain damaged in some way. Those extremes could be put down to devout beliefs but nowadays you’d look at the science. Are any devout believers jumping into furnaces or freezing cold water today? There are people who do strange things like sitting on a bed of nails or walking over hot coals to prove how beyond the earthly body they are, so I suppose that’s similar.

Yes but her body suffered no damage according to the witnesses. That brings it into the supernatural realm.Helps to read the whole story.
calitom

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:12 pm

Or the fairy tale realm. Belief in miracles serves a purpose, I understand that much. If a near death experience makes a person value life more and want to serve others above and beyond, I can understand that too.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Quincy MD » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:53 pm

Maddog wrote:I had a near death experience when I was 17. I was working on a roof and hit a high power line, and fell about 25 feet on my head. I was resuscitated on the ground by my buddy beating on my chest. Woke up in the ambulance with pretty much total amnesia. Didnt know where I was or even my mother's name.

I also woke up on the operating table. Not fully awake, but they will start talking to you towards the end to get you to start coming out of it. You sorta have a foggy recollection of being there. I remember seeing them stapling a skin graft to my leg.

For the record, I remember nothing about being out right after the accident.

Fell 25 feet and landed on your head? It explains a lot.
Quincy MD

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:11 pm

Quincy MD :laughing: great name!
Lady Murasaki

Postby Quincy MD » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:33 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Quincy MD :laughing: great name!

It’s my diagnosis that there are many on here who landed on their head, perhaps at birth in some cases.
Now with regards to all the claims of people flat lining, being beckoned towards the light in an out of body experience, my own thoughts are that the brain is capable of doing more with the redundant 90% it refuses us access to in our everyday lives and only by accessing that will we be able to understand more about such matters.
Until then it’s all speculation.
Quincy MD

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs