Coming back from death

Re: Coming back from death

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:49 pm

Quincy MD wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Quincy MD :laughing: great name!

It’s my diagnosis that there are many on here who landed on their head, perhaps at birth in some cases.
Now with regards to all the claims of people flat lining, being beckoned towards the light in an out of body experience, my own thoughts are that the brain is capable of doing more with the redundant 90% it refuses us access to in our everyday lives and only by accessing that will we be able to understand more about such matters.
Until then it’s all speculation.

Don’t you think we’re accessing more of our brains with the use of Science than they used to back in the days of miracles?
(You should visit the arms section, only 2% of the brain is required there.)
Lady Murasaki

Postby Quincy MD » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:06 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Quincy MD wrote:

It’s my diagnosis that there are many on here who landed on their head, perhaps at birth in some cases.
Now with regards to all the claims of people flat lining, being beckoned towards the light in an out of body experience, my own thoughts are that the brain is capable of doing more with the redundant 90% it refuses us access to in our everyday lives and only by accessing that will we be able to understand more about such matters.

Don’t you think we’re accessing more of our brains with the use of Science than they used to back in the days of miracles?

Slumming it on brainpower? That sounds like a cerebral holiday :Wiiiine!:
Quincy MD

Postby art0hur0moh » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:17 pm

Quincy MD wrote:

a perfect example of so-called modern scientific thinking. We use 100% of the brains capacitance. which is highly reduced compared to Our Ancestors. 1,400, cubic cm. down to Our current 1,300 cubic cm. or is it mm, can't recall which value? but there is a significantly reduced capacitance compared with Our ancestors. :p
art0hur0moh

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:53 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
Quincy MD wrote:

a perfect example of so-called modern scientific thinking. We use 100% of the brains capacitance. which is highly reduced compared to Our Ancestors. 1,400, cubic cm. down to Our current 1,300 cubic cm. or is it mm, can't recall which value? but there is a significantly reduced capacitance compared with Our ancestors. :p

I agree with that to a certain extent Art.
It's a bit like this scenario .... you bring a guy to the western world ... a guy who has only ever lived with his tribe in an Amazonian jungle.
It wouldn't take long to teach him how to sweep up or wash cars and then use a piece of plastic to aquire his food and an appliance to cook it on.
Wouldn't take him long to add to that.
Take a western man who only ever lived in London and plonk him in the other guys jungle.
You can't make fire?
You can't make shoes and clothes?
You don't know how to hunt and trap different animals for your food?
You don't know how to build adequate shelter quickly?
You don't know which plants are food which medicine which for pleasure which for medicine and which kill you?
You don't know how to get your bearings far away from the village?
You don't know how to build a boat and catch fish?
You don't know which part of the animal or fish is bad for you?
The western guy would be seen as a very very special needs guy who would need his hand holding for quite some time.
The western guy would realise he knows very little about how to live on this planet.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Jon » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:31 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:The western guy would realise he knows very little about how to live on this planet.

We don't need to. I wonder if the day will come when that will change.
Jon

Postby calitom » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:07 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Quincy MD wrote:

you mean like in the days of plato and aristotle?.. Of Augustine? you think the brain power of the average man is used more now?
St Paul was an intellectual genius AND was a witness to miracles. The 2 arent mutually exclusive.
calitom

Postby calitom » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:08 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Quincy MD wrote:

I agree with that to a certain extent Art.
It's a bit like this scenario .... you bring a guy to the western world ... a guy who has only ever lived with his tribe in an Amazonian jungle.
It wouldn't take long to teach him how to sweep up or wash cars and then use a piece of plastic to aquire his food and an appliance to cook it on.
Wouldn't take him long to add to that.
Take a western man who only ever lived in London and plonk him in the other guys jungle.
You can't make fire?
You can't make shoes and clothes?
You don't know how to hunt and trap different animals for your food?
You don't know how to build adequate shelter quickly?
You don't know which plants are food which medicine which for pleasure which for medicine and which kill you?
You don't know how to get your bearings far away from the village?
You don't know how to build a boat and catch fish?
You don't know which part of the animal or fish is bad for you?
The western guy would be seen as a very very special needs guy who would need his hand holding for quite some time.
The western guy would realise he knows very little about how to live on this planet.

I agree.I would take the education of a native american able to live off the land as at least equal if not superior to living in the modern world
calitom

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:21 am

Jon wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:The western guy would realise he knows very little about how to live on this planet.

Hence we've been seriously dumbed down.

Gets me that a guy two and a half thousand years ago can think like this .... Nothing exists except atoms and empty space, everything else is opinion.
That's deep shit.
The everything else is opinion is interesting in that everything is made of atoms or particles except ..... thought.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby calitom » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:32 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Jon wrote:

Hence we've been seriously dumbed down.

Gets me that a guy two and a half thousand years ago can think like this .... Nothing exists except atoms and empty space, everything else is opinion.
That's deep shit.
The everything else is opinion is interesting in that everything is made of atoms or particles except ..... thought.

yep...thought..consciousness..the soul..
calitom

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:50 am

Very few westerners would have a clue how to live on and with the planet should the cities and industries and economies fail them.
Look at the manicured lawns they tend.
That's good food growing land but they prefer to look out on a sterile green.
Lawns are a crime against the environment.
We are the environment.
The environment isn't something out there over there a place to visit.
The environment is everything ..... the whole caboodle but it has become totally alien to us.
Some venture into it at weekends.
If they ventured into it what did they venture out of?
Some think the environment is a playground a place of solitude and so on.
No the environment is everything including the concrete steel and glass.
Of course some will say I'm stating the obvious which is fair enough lets be honest most think the environment is something separate from us.
Some say mother nature will do this that and the other again in a way that tends to make us not part of mother nature.
Leaving the land in the times of the industrial revolution alienated us from reality in a way.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby calitom » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:01 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Very few westerners would have a clue how to live on and with the planet should the cities and industries and economies fail them.
Look at the manicured lawns they tend.
That's good food growing land but they prefer to look out on a sterile green.
Lawns are a crime against the environment.
We are the environment.
The environment isn't something out there over there a place to visit.
The environment is everything ..... the whole caboodle but it has become totally alien to us.
Some venture into it at weekends.
If they ventured into it what did they venture out of?
Some think the environment is a playground a place of solitude and so on.
No the environment is everything including the concrete steel and glass.
Of course some will say I'm stating the obvious which is fair enough lets be honest most think the environment is something separate from us.
Some say mother nature will do this that and the other again in a way that tends to make us not part of mother nature.
Leaving the land in the times of the industrial revolution alienated us from reality in a way.

we do need to remember that cities did start a long time ago...so that whole process has been a long and steady one. One thinks of european cities 1000 yrs ago and they were filth and disease traps unfortunately. And many of the farmers and other who lived off the land supposedly were slaves in their little fiefdoms.
calitom

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:06 am

calitom wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Quincy MD wrote:

you mean like in the days of plato and aristotle?.. Of Augustine? you think the brain power of the average man is used more now?
St Paul was an intellectual genius AND was a witness to miracles. The 2 arent mutually exclusive.

Yes I do. We have deep intellectual thinkers now as well.
If you compare the average human now to then, awareness about the world around them and wider world has improved.
And people develop the skills they need to survive, I don’t need to carve my own spoons so I don’t know how but I’d learn pretty quickly if I needed to.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Cannydc » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:41 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
calitom wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Quincy MD wrote:

If you compare the average human now to then, awareness about the world around them and wider world has improved.
And people develop the skills they need to survive, I don’t need to carve my own spoons so I don’t know how but I’d learn pretty quickly if I needed to.

All that stuff is what the scout movement was formed for.
Cannydc

Postby calitom » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:41 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
calitom wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Quincy MD wrote:

"we have deep intellectual thinkers now as well" yes we can agree there. But your whole reason--clearly stated by you--to bring up the we use more of our brains now was to bolster your opinion that the miracles didnt happen because now we can figure them out because we use more of our brains. I clearly pointed out that there were at lesast equal intellects back then...and that they experienced and believed miracles do happen...And that the 2 were NOT mutually exclusive.
-So unless you can figure out a way that a few loaves and a few fishes can be multiplied in the presence of thousands of witnesses--using modern science--then the use our brains more argument doesnt hold water.
calitom

Postby Cannydc » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:45 pm

We no more need to "figure out a way that a few loaves and a few fishes can be multiplied in the presence of thousands of witnesses--using modern science" than we need to figure out how Goldilocks conversed with 3 bears.

Why?

Because neither happened.
Cannydc

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs