The most interesting person in the Dem

The most interesting person in the Dem

Postby Maddog » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:19 am

Party, has just announced she is running.


Rep. Tulsi Gabbard said Friday she will run for president in 2020.

"I have decided to run and will be making a formal announcement within the next week," the Hawaii Democrat told CNN's Van Jones during an interview slated to air at 7 p.m. Saturday on CNN's "The Van Jones Show."

Gabbard, an Iraq War veteran, currently serves on the House Foreign Affairs Committee. She is the first American Samoan and the first Hindu member of Congress.
"There are a lot of reasons for me to make this decision. There are a lot of challenges that are facing the American people that I'm concerned about and that I want to help solve," she said, listing health care access, criminal justice reform and climate change as key platform issues.

"There is one main issue that is central to the rest, and that is the issue of war and peace," Gabbard added. "I look forward to being able to get into this and to talk about it in depth when we make our announcement."

Rania Batrice, who was a deputy campaign manager for Bernie Sanders in 2016 and is now a top aide to Gabbard, will be the campaign manager, Batrice says.
In 2015, Gabbard, then a vice-chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, was sharply critical of its then-chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz for scheduling just six presidential debates during the 2016 primary election cycle. She later resigned her post as DNC vice chair to become one of Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders' highest-profile supporters, aligning herself with his populist economic message.
Gabbard has staked out anti-interventionist foreign policy positions in Congress. Her 2017 meeting with Syrian dictator Bashar Al-Assad drew widespread criticism. "Initially, I hadn't planned on meeting him," Gabbard told CNN's Jake Tapper in January of 2017. "When the opportunity arose to meet with him, I did so because I felt it's important that if we profess to truly care about the Syrian people, about their suffering, then we've got to be able to meet with anyone that we need to if there is a possibility that we could achieve peace, and that's exactly what we talked about."


https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/11/politics ... index.html

I doubt the Dems are smart enough to nominate her, but she is interesting. She's not a cranky old battle axe like Warren, nor an idiot like AOC. She has served and deployed, but she has an anti war stance.

The fact that I'm somewhat intrigued with her, probably makes he completely unattractive to the typical Dem voter anymore.
User avatar
Maddog
 
Posts: 33002
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:46 am

Re: The most interesting person in the Dem

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:35 am

Should be interesting...
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 26540
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: The most interesting person in the Dem

Postby wutang » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:04 pm

Maddog wrote:She has served and deployed, but she has an anti war stance.


Her anti-war stance is typically not anti-war (as you would expect from a Dem)

In other words, Gabbard would continue the Obama administration’s foreign policy, which itself was a continuation (and in some ways ramping up) of George W. Bush’s foreign policy. She would keep up the drone bombing of seven Muslim countries in the Middle East and North Africa — perhaps even expand it — while also relying more on special operations forces, which are already raiding, assassinating, and gathering intelligence in 70 percent of the world’s countries.

Drones killed hundreds of civilians over Obama’s eight years, while special operations forces like SEAL Team 6 — which Gabbard specifically name-checked in her positive allusion to the bin Laden raid — are known for their fair share of brutality. It was “quick-strike special forces” conducting a “strategic precise operation,” to use Gabbard’s term, that a little less than four months ago killed thirty civilians in a botched raid in Yemen.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/05/tuls ... atic-party


Plenty more in that article about how she sides more with conservatives on things like US foreign policy, Iran, Islam, Abortion and LGBT rights, which is why she is loved by the right wing press (and far right loons like David Duke).

She may have fooled some into thinking she is a progressive but its not gonna wash in a Dem primary.
User avatar
wutang
 
Posts: 5647
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:02 am
Location: Globalist Department, Frankfurt School

Re: The most interesting person in the Dem

Postby Fletch » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:34 pm

She's only a Democrat because of where she comes from. A case of choose whichever side is likely to win in your area. No conviction politicians, just charlatans and liars for hire.
User avatar
Fletch
 
Posts: 11650
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:35 pm

Re: The most interesting person in the Dem

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:51 pm

Nobody declaring now thinks they have a chance, at best it's a race for the vice presidency and probably not even that if you've declared at this stage.

I would expect Cory Booker to declare at some point, I think Kristen Gillibrand has all but declared already, I'm probably the only person who doesn't think Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders will run and I seriously hope that Hilary Clinton doesn't. Others to look for are Deval Patrick and Andrew Cuomo - although I don't think Cuomo will get too far once the optics of the Appointee donations thing comes into play
User avatar
Cactus Jack
 
Posts: 13521
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:15 pm
Location: Round yer somewhere

Re: The most interesting person in the Dem

Postby Maddog » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:47 pm

wutang wrote:
Maddog wrote:She has served and deployed, but she has an anti war stance.


Her anti-war stance is typically not anti-war (as you would expect from a Dem)

In other words, Gabbard would continue the Obama administration’s foreign policy, which itself was a continuation (and in some ways ramping up) of George W. Bush’s foreign policy. She would keep up the drone bombing of seven Muslim countries in the Middle East and North Africa — perhaps even expand it — while also relying more on special operations forces, which are already raiding, assassinating, and gathering intelligence in 70 percent of the world’s countries.

Drones killed hundreds of civilians over Obama’s eight years, while special operations forces like SEAL Team 6 — which Gabbard specifically name-checked in her positive allusion to the bin Laden raid — are known for their fair share of brutality. It was “quick-strike special forces” conducting a “strategic precise operation,” to use Gabbard’s term, that a little less than four months ago killed thirty civilians in a botched raid in Yemen.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/05/tuls ... atic-party


Plenty more in that article about how she sides more with conservatives on things like US foreign policy, Iran, Islam, Abortion and LGBT rights, which is why she is loved by the right wing press (and far right loons like David Duke).

She may have fooled some into thinking she is a progressive but its not gonna wash in a Dem primary.



Yeah, she has an independent streak. And she is maligned by the left wing press, so she probably has no chance.

Take guns. She supports quite a few gun laws, but not all of them. That makes her the second coming of Charleton Heston in the eyes of some.
User avatar
Maddog
 
Posts: 33002
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:46 am

Re: The most interesting person in the Dem

Postby Maddog » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:52 pm

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tulsi-gab ... -president


Didnt take long. They are already calling her Assad's favorite Democrat. :dunno:
User avatar
Maddog
 
Posts: 33002
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:46 am

Re: The most interesting person in the Dem

Postby Fletch » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:08 pm

Maddog wrote:https://www.thedailybeast.com/tulsi-gabbard-bashar-assads-favorite-democrat-is-running-for-president


Didnt take long. They are already calling her Assad's favorite Democrat. :dunno:


Are they (US) still running the Assad is evil propaganda?

Thought that would be dead by now, the rest of the world are re-opening or intend to re-open Embassies in Damascus, the EU and others are considering restarting relations with Syria. The western backed regime change failed and was shown to the world as the west backing/using terrorists to topple legitimate governments.
User avatar
Fletch
 
Posts: 11650
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:35 pm

Re: The most interesting person in the Dem

Postby Maddog » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:12 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Nobody declaring now thinks they have a chance, at best it's a race for the vice presidency and probably not even that if you've declared at this stage.

I would expect Cory Booker to declare at some point, I think Kristen Gillibrand has all but declared already, I'm probably the only person who doesn't think Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders will run and I seriously hope that Hilary Clinton doesn't. Others to look for are Deval Patrick and Andrew Cuomo - although I don't think Cuomo will get too far once the optics of the Appointee donations thing comes into play



https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ju ... kyd49uNWfo


You missed one. Dont forget Kamala Harris too. :more beer:
User avatar
Maddog
 
Posts: 33002
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:46 am

Re: The most interesting person in the Dem

Postby Maddog » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:13 pm

Fletch wrote:
Maddog wrote:https://www.thedailybeast.com/tulsi-gabbard-bashar-assads-favorite-democrat-is-running-for-president


Didnt take long. They are already calling her Assad's favorite Democrat. :dunno:


Are they (US) still running the Assad is evil propaganda?

Thought that would be dead by now, the rest of the world are re-opening or intend to re-open Embassies in Damascus, the EU and others are considering restarting relations with Syria. The western backed regime change failed and was shown to the world as the west backing/using terrorists to topple legitimate governments.


Why are you asking me? Dont you have some Russian sources to tell you about the US?
User avatar
Maddog
 
Posts: 33002
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:46 am

Re: The most interesting person in the Dem

Postby calitom » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:13 pm

she better not get in Hillary's way. .....
User avatar
calitom
 
Posts: 3467
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: The most interesting person in the Dem

Postby Maddog » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:16 pm

calitom wrote:she better not get in Hillary's way. .....

Good point. She might die in a surfing accident. :ooer:
User avatar
Maddog
 
Posts: 33002
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:46 am

Re: The most interesting person in the Dem

Postby Fletch » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:27 pm

Maddog wrote:
calitom wrote:she better not get in Hillary's way. .....

Good point. She might die in a surfing accident. :ooer:


Are you suggesting some sort of conspiracy? :ooer:
User avatar
Fletch
 
Posts: 11650
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:35 pm

Re: The most interesting person in the Dem

Postby Maddog » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:50 pm

Fletch wrote:
Maddog wrote:
calitom wrote:she better not get in Hillary's way. .....

Good point. She might die in a surfing accident. :ooer:


Are you suggesting some sort of conspiracy? :ooer:



Nah. Buy dead bodies and the jokes about them seem to follow the Clinton's around.
User avatar
Maddog
 
Posts: 33002
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:46 am

Re: The most interesting person in the Dem

Postby wutang » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:42 pm

Fletch wrote:
Are they (US) still running the Assad is evil propaganda?


Assad is evil. Just because the US hates him doesn't mean you have to whitewash the c**t.
User avatar
wutang
 
Posts: 5647
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:02 am
Location: Globalist Department, Frankfurt School

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests